Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
fill your lungs with air.

Send a message via AIM to Josh Send a message via MSN to Josh
The Role of Men

Sorry if this is vague, and if this is the wrong place, it can be moved. I'm looking for verses that reveal a man's role in the world. Stuff like responsibility in the church, responsiblity to women, wives, to God, stuff from Genesis, whatever. Anything you can give me will probably be a help.

Josh.

Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Send a message via AIM to +Donny
Hmmm.... Off the top of my head, here are a few:

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
Eph 5:26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Eph 5:27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Eph 5:29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,
Eph 5:30 because we are members of his body.
Eph 5:31 "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
Eph 5:32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Col 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

___ 2:1 But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine.
___ 2:2 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.
___ 2:3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,
___ 2:4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,
___ 2:5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
___ 2:6 Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled.
___ 2:7 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity,
___ 2:8 and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.

1Pe 3:7 Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

1Jo 2:13 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, children, because you know the Father.
1Jo 2:14 I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
Unread 03-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Sorry if this is vague, and if this is the wrong place, it can be moved. I'm looking for verses that reveal a man's role in the world. Stuff like responsibility in the church, responsiblity to women, wives, to God, stuff from Genesis, whatever. Anything you can give me will probably be a help.
One of my favorites:

From Micah 6:8He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God
nolidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Micah 6:8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolidad
One of my favorites:

From Micah 6:8He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God
That is one of my favorite verses in the Bible.
KFBobInsanesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #5

"As David's time to die drew near, he charged Solomon his son, saying, "I am going the way of all the earth. Be strong, therefore, and show yourself a man [lit. become a man]. And keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to what is written in the law of Moses, that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn, so that the LORD may carry out His promise which He spoke concerning me, saying, 'If your sons are careful of their way, to walk before Me in truth with all their heart and with all their soul, you shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel.' " (1 Kings 2:1-4).

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word." (Psalms 119:9).

Read all of Proverbs... over and over again.

"But flee from these things, you man of God; and pursue after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverence, and gentleness." (1 Tim. 6:11).

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17).

We can certainly apply this to all people, but Paul is specifically speaking to a man at this moment.

Peace and grace in Christ,

Tim

He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit. Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive."

Proverbs 17:27-28
trhoke is offline   Reply With Quote