Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > B
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 5.71%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 2 5.71%
5 0 0%
6 1 2.86%
7 3 8.57%
8 8 22.86%
9 9 25.71%
10 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
Yellow is stupid.

Send a message via AIM to God's Jedi Send a message via MSN to God's Jedi
Blindside- About a Burning Fire

Tracks
1. Eye of the Storm
2. Follow You Down
3. All of Us
4. Shekina
5. Hooray, It's L.A.
6. Swallow
7. Die Buying
8. Across Water Again
9. After You're Gone
10. Where the Sun Never Dies
11. Roads
12. About a Burning Fire

For more information on Blindside, click here.

God's Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
needs a new avatar

Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic
I gave it 4(for the number of decent songs)....it was horrible....if you like Blindside's old stuff(or even Silence), stay the heck away......went way too soft(although All of Us is great)....and most songs are super annoying....just plain bad...what a waste of talent....i was so disappointed when i got it...excuse me while i go throw up

Edit: There were accually Five good songs....Eye of the Storm, Follow You Down, All of Us, Where the Sun Never Dies and About a Burning Fire....but that's it

Check out my.....

Last edited by guitarman_888; 01-26-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
Your car crash eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman_888
I gave it 4(for the number of decent songs)....it was horrible....if you like Blindside's old stuff(or even Silence), stay the heck away......went way too soft(although All of Us is great)....and most songs are super annoying....just plain bad...what a waste of talent....i was so disappointed when i got it...excuse me while i go throw up
No, actually, it had 5 good songs.

But, for the most part, I agree.
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
knows so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman_888

Edit: There were accually Five good songs....Eye of the Storm, Follow You Down, All of Us, Where the Sun Never Dies and About a Burning Fire....but that's it
u didn't like "After Your Gone"? thats my favorite song on the cd. i gave it an 8 cause when its good its really good but there were some songs i wasn't too fond of. i cannot listen to more 5 seconds of "Swallow" without skipping it that songs just annoys me in every way, and i'm not too keen on "Hooray it's LA" either. but the rest of the cd i liked. i listen to this one a lot. although i will say i liked silence better.

"Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the lesson that we should learn.... If at first you dont succeed... blame your parents." - Yakko
Shaneathin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to 12StonesDude Send a message via Yahoo to 12StonesDude
I was dissapointed in this one. All of Us, and Shekina are the main two songs I listen to, not a good ratio lol.

How can I be loved by the one, who conquers all I am, my soul, waits for you.-Sick of CHange

Simple Pleasures long forsaken, now you just keep making the same mistakes, and nothing makes sense to you now, you pop the pills all one by one, you might as well be holding a loaded gun, cuz it destroys all you know.-SeventyTimesSeven-my band

They say I'm rare, if being rare is Loving God, life, and being naturally happy, then that is a sad statement.
12StonesDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
the sun is often out

I absolutely loved. All of us, Shekina, Eye of the Storm, After your gone, Roads, About a burning fire, All of em except Die buying. It was amazing. Though I liked silence better.
natedawg5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
the ghost at your side

Send a message via MSN to Opie
I thought it was alot better than all of you are making it out to be...But what do I know...

I was dissapointed though because I would assume that Billy Corogan would make a song better than how Hurray, It's LA turned out...oh well...
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #8
your tone's all wrong.

I'm with Opie. I haven't much knowledge of "classic" Blindside (with the exception of "Caught a Glimpse," "Sleepwalking," and "Pitiful"), but every song is darn catchy and loveable. I could care less if they've gone soft; what a stupid standard to hold them to.

Great album through and through, with a few subpar but no less catchy songs ("Swallow" and "Die Buying").
Unread 04-10-2005, 06:28 AM   #9

Meh. I didn't like this album as much as Silence.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #10

i thought the cd was pretty awesome. i am not a fan of the old stuff. there best album is silence though. i just cant wait till there new album comes out this summer. its supposed to be alittle different.
telecustomtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2005, 12:18 PM   #11
I need a bigger car!

One of the best hard rock albums I've ever heard. "Eye of the Storm" and "About a Burning Fire" are the best. Christian's screaming is awesome and he has a very unique voice. I love this one.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
needs a new avatar

those two songs are amazing....

Check out my.....

Unread 04-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared
I'm with Opie. I haven't much knowledge of "classic" Blindside (with the exception of "Caught a Glimpse," "Sleepwalking," and "Pitiful"), but every song is darn catchy and loveable. I could care less if they've gone soft; what a stupid standard to hold them to.

Great album through and through, with a few subpar but no less catchy songs ("Swallow" and "Die Buying").

classic blindside is much harder than anything off of silence. The thing is, they went from a hardness comparable to zao, to a much softer sound. Of course fans of the old stuff are not going to be pleased.

It was kind of surprising to me, and honestly, I don't like silence that much, or about a burning fire. I much prefer a thought crushed my mind to either of those, but when a band does a major genre change as blindside has done, it does make a difference in the audience.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
I need a bigger car!

Maybe they aren't as heavy as they once were, but a lot of people I've shown this CD to have loved this one.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:50 PM   #15
needs a new avatar

i don't think blindside has ever been comparable to zao.....

genre changing: POD did it too, and some of their older fans don't like em as much...

Check out my.....