Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > H
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.33%
2 4 4.17%
3 1 1.04%
4 3 3.13%
5 7 7.29%
6 4 4.17%
7 12 12.50%
8 12 12.50%
9 10 10.42%
10 35 36.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #61
SAYS HI

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitloud#7
Bought there new cd the day it came out. Loved it! twice as good as their first one. Why hasn't anyone started a cd reveiw for it yet?
Ya someone should I agree.

. And1 . is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #62
(or 3+4=7)

Send a message via AIM to Gsus_Rawks
I agreed, but frankly I didnt care at all for Smile its the end of the World. Letters to the President was many times better.

They seemed to mature in such a way so that teenagers would like them more.

Im glad they put out SitEotW. Though I would never listen to it, its a good concert CD.

Hopefully the thrid album will be more like the first!

Last edited by Gsus_Rawks; 02-20-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Gsus_Rawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioafan View Post
now now, no vulgar name calling you and aero have your own opinions. calling someone names isn't going to make them think any better of the band.

i dunno- it was a well written cd, but i'm not really into indie-punk. i gave it an 8 anyway, because they have a couple of songs i really like. if you love relient k this cd's probly for you
dude i would have to say hawknelson is a geart Punkrock band and i think they should be even hard punk rock.
Hard punkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #64

Cool

Personally, I thought that this CD was pretty cool!

~Singing lark
singing lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #65
was gone, but is back now

The first time I heard it I thought they were the best sounding group ever! There new one isn't as good.

fedsigMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #66
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
Quite possible one of the worst bands I've ever heard. Horrible nasal vocals, drop-d power chords, and often laughable lyrics. The chorus of "Things We Go Through" makes me wanna laugh and puke at the same time. It's sad how many kids eat up this stuff.

conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #67

I actually like this cd quite a bit. Much better than "Smile..". I gave it an 8.
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #68
(or 3+4=7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by concievedinfire View Post
Quite possible one of the worst bands I've ever heard. Horrible nasal vocals, drop-d power chords, and often laughable lyrics. The chorus of "Things We Go Through" makes me wanna laugh and puke at the same time. It's sad how many kids eat up this stuff.
Before the release of Smile, It's The End of the World I would have said HN was my favorite band.

They don't have the best guitarist - at all, and the lyrics are awful, but the vocals are honestly great (on this Album). He's Canadian so he has a bit of an accent.

I can say that this CD is well written. Not the lyrics, but the music, Its not complex or layered or sophisticated, but thats what one would expect from a band like this.

I would never stand up for Hawk Nelson. I don't like them. But I would never say this album is a bad album. I don't care for this type of music and this album sits in my top 10.

I don't know what it is about the band, but I liked how they were authentic. They weren't matured so that they would sell. They were real. And for a while, they were undiscovered.
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus_Rawks View Post
Before the release of Smile, It's The End of the World I would have said HN was my favorite band.

They don't have the best guitarist - at all, and the lyrics are awful, but the vocals are honestly great (on this Album). He's Canadian so he has a bit of an accent.

I can say that this CD is well written. Not the lyrics, but the music, Its not complex or layered or sophisticated, but thats what one would expect from a band like this.

I would never stand up for Hawk Nelson. I don't like them. But I would never say this album is a bad album. I don't care for this type of music and this album sits in my top 10.

I don't know what it is about the band, but I liked how they were authentic. They weren't matured so that they would sell. They were real. And for a while, they were undiscovered.
It doesn't sound like he has an accent, and just because he's Canadian doesn't mean he does. Also, you don't like them now because people have heard of them? And you only liked them because they were undiscovered at one point?
Unread 03-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #70
(or 3+4=7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaukal View Post
It doesn't sound like he has an accent, and just because he's Canadian doesn't mean he does. Also, you don't like them now because people have heard of them? And you only liked them because they were undiscovered at one point?
He has a bit of an accent. You can hear it more when he's talking.
Im kind of anti-conformist. Internally I can't like something that lots of people my age think is fantastic. I used to like RK back in their Self titled and "Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek" days. I heard them at the bumper-cars at Disneyland. I don't like them anymore.

Its not that Switchfoot sucks that I don't like them. They do. But its more that everyone else wears switchfoot shirts to school.

I don't intentionally do it, I just can't like the most popular bands. Thats maybe why I hate rap. (No Rap really sucks) But I just cant like a band if everyone else in my school does.
Unread 03-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #71

Quote:
He has a bit of an accent. You can hear it more when he's talking.
Im kind of anti-conformist. Internally I can't like something that lots of people my age think is fantastic. I used to like RK back in their Self titled and "Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek" days. I heard them at the bumper-cars at Disneyland. I don't like them anymore.

Its not that Switchfoot sucks that I don't like them. They do. But its more that everyone else wears switchfoot shirts to school.

I don't intentionally do it, I just can't like the most popular bands. Thats maybe why I hate rap. (No Rap really sucks) But I just cant like a band if everyone else in my school does.
Man, that's really lame IMO, but if that's how you feel then it's cool.

And I guess I don't hear Jason's 'accent' because I'm Canadian as well.
Unread 03-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #72
Keep cool my babies

Quote:

I can definitely connect with that at least. (And there's plenty of unpopular rap, and some well-known artists who are good *cough* Fort Minor *cough*)

However I don't see how his voice can be "great" at all

Unread 03-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #73

Quote:
However I don't see how his voice can be "great" at all
It's all personal preference. If he says he thinks the lead singer's voice is good, then let him have his opinion.
Unread 03-04-2007, 07:49 AM   #74
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
It's actually not as bad as you're making it out to be... I mean, at least this one isn't as bad as their new one... I mean, I don't go much for pop-punk, but HN isn't the worst band by far, that would be Stellar Kart or Avril Lavine.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #75
Keep cool my babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXguitar View Post
I mean, I don't go much for pop-punk, but HN isn't the worst band by far, that would be Stellar Kart or Avril Lavine.
no, that would go to FM Static or Eleventy Seven