Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > H
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.33%
2 4 4.17%
3 1 1.04%
4 3 3.13%
5 7 7.29%
6 4 4.17%
7 12 12.50%
8 12 12.50%
9 10 10.42%
10 35 36.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #46

musicchick knows

I'm shocked at all of the Hawk bashers out there. I adore this CD. I completely disagree with those who say that they are unorigional and melody free. I have played the piano since I was 8 years old and have played the bass since I was 15. I've seen Hawk in concert twice and they were awesome. It is so hard to find good Christian punk rock. I don't listen to secular music. So i am very thankful that Hawk is out there doing the kind of music that I like. Buy this CD. Don't listen to those guys that are anti-Hawk. It's the best. That's why I ranked it a 10. Rock on Hawk Nelson!!!!

Can't wait for "Smile....It's the End of the World"

Their T-shirts are cool too. HAWK NELSON IS MY FRIEND.

musicchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #47
Just said something

Send a message via MSN to ice_wiz
Quote:
I'm shocked at all of the Hawk bashers out there.
Really?
Unread 04-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #48
I need a bigger car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicchick
I'm shocked at all of the Hawk bashers out there. I adore this CD. I completely disagree with those who say that they are unorigional and melody free. I have played the piano since I was 8 years old and have played the bass since I was 15. I've seen Hawk in concert twice and they were awesome. It is so hard to find good Christian punk rock. I don't listen to secular music. So i am very thankful that Hawk is out there doing the kind of music that I like. Buy this CD. Don't listen to those guys that are anti-Hawk. It's the best. That's why I ranked it a 10. Rock on Hawk Nelson!!!!

I'm no Hawk Nelson basher, but they are NOT unique or original. They are quite generic.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #49
Yes

Send a message via AIM to Only Alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by playitloud#7
Gotta start somewhere.
That's just a lame excuse. Seriously. If they aren't good enough to put out a good CD, they shouldn't have released one.

-Nick
Only Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #50
and that is all i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Alive
That's just a lame excuse. Seriously. If they aren't good enough to put out a good CD, they shouldn't have released one.

-Nick
It is a matter of taste. Their music is catchy easy listening punk. some people will like it others will not. Only so many people can be original. If everyone released totally original cd's it would cease to be original as they would all be doing the same thing. There is a place for the normal fun stuff to listen to and a place for the incredible. Just because this band is not original does not make it worthless.
emeryisthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #51
I need a bigger car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeryisthebest
It is a matter of taste. Their music is catchy easy listening punk. some people will like it others will not. Only so many people can be original. If everyone released totally original cd's it would cease to be original as they would all be doing the same thing. There is a place for the normal fun stuff to listen to and a place for the incredible. Just because this band is not original does not make it worthless.

I agree and I disagree. Yes, I agree with your point that it isn't original, but easy-going pop/punk, but I disagree because if everybody did something original, no one would sound alike because everyone would sound different than everyone else.

Anyways, why don't we stop all the debating and get back to reviewing the CD.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #52
Yes

Quote:
Only so many people can be original. If everyone released totally original cd's it would cease to be original as they would all be doing the same thing.
That is a really, really self-contradictory statement. Sure, they would all be making original music, so they're technically doing the same thing, but it all sounds different, so it's still original.

Quote:
There is a place for the normal fun stuff to listen to and a place for the incredible. Just because this band is not original does not make it worthless.
Sure, I don't have a problem with fun, generic music from time to time. I don't have much respect for the people that make that kind of music though, because it takes a very marginal amount of talent. I'm not bashing Hawk Nelson, just generic music in general.

-Nick
Unread 04-03-2006, 12:52 AM   #53
and that is all i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Alive
That is a really, really self-contradictory statement. Sure, they would all be making original music, so they're technically doing the same thing, but it all sounds different, so it's still original.

-Nick

I see it as like The Incredibles small little lesson. you know if everybody is super then nobody is. If everybody was original there would be no bands that stand above the rest.

Anyways sorry, i agree....back to reviewing the CD
emeryisthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #54
som1 send me priv. messag

YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicchick

YES! I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!
playitloud#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #55
todays password: "Mee-ha"

i gave this cd a 4 because most of the songs don't really have a point, all that they talk a bout (with a few exceptions) is how they cry. it also sounds like someone else writes their songs. but ther are a few good songs such as leters, every little thing and califonia
but they grow on us
like gravity
but gravity still makes us fall
excellent_rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #56
Yes

Quote:
I see it as like The Incredibles small little lesson. you know if everybody is super then nobody is. If everybody was original there would be no bands that stand above the rest.

Anyways sorry, i agree....back to reviewing the CD
Just because (in theory) every band is original doesn't mean it woudln't be unique. There would just be much, much more origianl music instead of just a little bit.

-Nick
Unread 04-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #57
David P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHawk
The only downside is 80% of their lyrics are about girls and relationships.
What's wrong with that? JK. Their new cd "Smile It's the End of the World," deals with more life issues and bad stuff going on in the world than Letters. Go buy their new cd! I give it an 11
relient nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #58
SAYS HI

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by relient nelson
What's wrong with that? JK. Their new cd "Smile It's the End of the World," deals with more life issues and bad stuff going on in the world than Letters. Go buy their new cd! I give it an 11
I agree with this. There new cd rocks!!!

. And1 . is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #59
som1 send me priv. messag

Smile...It's the end of the world

Bought there new cd the day it came out. Loved it! twice as good as their first one. Why hasn't anyone started a cd reveiw for it yet?
playitloud#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #60

deluxe edition

the deluxe edition is better. i love letters to the president acoustic edition.
hard rocker is offline   Reply With Quote