Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > H
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 8 8.33%
2 4 4.17%
3 1 1.04%
4 3 3.13%
5 7 7.29%
6 4 4.17%
7 12 12.50%
8 12 12.50%
9 10 10.42%
10 35 36.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #31
(or 3+4=7)
 

Joined: Aug 2005
Location: West Linn, Oregon
Posts: 929
Send a message via AIM to Gsus_Rawks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly
I can't wait until they come out with a new CD.
Coming out with one in - feburary? they started recording it in seattle this month. I live next door to the dad of the CEO of tooth and nail . I know these things.

__________________
Gsus_Rawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #32
Back.
 
lumpycustard's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Central IL
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus_Rawks
Coming out with one in - feburary? they started recording it in seattle this month. I live next door to the dad of the CEO of tooth and nail . I know these things.
sweet! where do you live?
__________________
You can't resist.



Go if you want
Make your way straight to the door
I hope that you look back before you go
Cause grace always looks back before it starts to leave

-Copeland, No One Really Wins
lumpycustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #33
Registered User
 
kidross's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Alabama(but i aint no redneck)
Posts: 12
Send a message via AIM to kidross
I got the Hawk Nelson cd for christmas last year but never listened to it, last month i saqw it in my closet and listened to it, now its my favorite cd. They have to make another.
Favorite tracks
1. California
2. Letters to the President
3. THings we go through
__________________
I'm so hip i can barely even see over mmy pelvis.

You are so unhip its a wonder why your butts dont fall off.
kidross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #34
The Math
 
Wesley7777's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,944
I give this Cd a 5. Its somewhere in the middle at some points i think hey this could be good. then they go and ruin that with some really dumb song. i wish there lyrics were a little more mature, sometimes they try then others they lose it. Musicians ship is what really seems to hurt me
Wesley7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #35
Registered User
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Lincoln,NE
Posts: 44
Cool New Cd!!

Hawk Nelson has a new cd coming out in April. It's called "Smile...It's the End of the World" I can't wait!!!!
RELIENTKFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #36
Registered User
 

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3
i love hawk nelson i have seen them in concert it was awsome [SIZhawk nelson rocks
homie for him is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #37
Banned
 
fallinguprawks's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Gilbert Arizona (next to Dave)
Posts: 3,116
Agreed. Listen to them, then Relient K or Blink 182. Their style is a complete copy of other bands. When you're an original band, the objective is to write original music with a new style, and to change the music scene.
fallinguprawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #38
(or 3+4=7)
 

Joined: Aug 2005
Location: West Linn, Oregon
Posts: 929
Send a message via AIM to Gsus_Rawks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallinguprawks
Agreed. Listen to them, then Relient K or Blink 182. Their style is a complete copy of other bands. When you're an original band, the objective is to write original music with a new style, and to change the music scene.
They really don't sound like RK or B182. Mabye a bit like old RK, but not Blink 182. Blink and new RK is crap, HN, I think sounds alot better...

But they are the same genre, so they cant sound too different...

test
__________________
Gsus_Rawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #39
I need a bigger car!
 
DKelly's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus_Rawks
They really don't sound like RK or B182. Mabye a bit like old RK, but not Blink 182. Blink and new RK is crap, HN, I think sounds alot better...

But they are the same genre, so they cant sound too different...

test


OK, then compare them to Good Charlotte and New Found Glory. There's not much of a difference.


Simply put, Hawk Nelson isn't an original band. True, I do listen to a few, a FEW, of their songs on occasion, but they are not anything new.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslope
e-marriages, on the other hand, are pure comic gold. I will never tire of listening the the soft mewings of 14 year olds in heat.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:53 PM   #40
som1 send me priv. messag
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario/Canada
Posts: 11
Standin up for Hawk

Hey! Quit dogging on Hawk! What do you expect from a new band?
I bought Letters to the President and loved it + they have a new one coming out April 4th and I'll probably buy it too. True, they are the whole pop rock but in my opinion they are better than most and they can probably rock better than any of you too so give em a break.

Peace~
playitloud#7
playitloud#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #41
I need a bigger car!
 
DKelly's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,263
I'm not dogging them. I'm simply stating facts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslope
e-marriages, on the other hand, are pure comic gold. I will never tire of listening the the soft mewings of 14 year olds in heat.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #42
som1 send me priv. messag
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario/Canada
Posts: 11
Still defending Hawk

Yah, but it all depends what kind of music you like I guess. I like the guys and I think they had a killer start. With Trev Mcnevan coaching his younger brother I think they can really blaze a new trail for pop rock.
playitloud#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #43
Yes
 
Only Alive's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2004
Location: B'ham, WA
Posts: 2,477
Send a message via AIM to Only Alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by playitloud#7
Hey! Quit dogging on Hawk! What do you expect from a new band?
I bought Letters to the President and loved it + they have a new one coming out April 4th and I'll probably buy it too. True, they are the whole pop rock but in my opinion they are better than most and they can probably rock better than any of you too so give em a break.

Peace~
playitloud#7
Are you serious? "What do you expect from a new band"? So, because it's their debut album, it's ok if it sucks? And it's ok if it's just a copy of what everyone else does?

-Nick
Only Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #44
som1 send me priv. messag
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario/Canada
Posts: 11
Gotta start somewhere.
playitloud#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #45
som1 send me priv. messag
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario/Canada
Posts: 11
Love it!

Hey this cd was great I bought it last summer and I'm looking forward to their next one. I agree with taco bell guy, I don't know why everyone always slams Hawk jus cuz they sound like some of the other secular bands. I think they are pretty cool!
playitloud#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2