Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #1

g-vox ready?

Looking at a Strat on Ebay; seller says it's "g-vox" ready. Is that like the current "Roland ready" models? If so, what does that mean to someone that has no interest in using that capability? It'll still work normally, right?

Unread 01-25-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinker
Looking at a Strat on Ebay; seller says it's "g-vox" ready. Is that like the current "Roland ready" models? If so, what does that mean to someone that has no interest in using that capability? It'll still work normally, right?
Yep, that's a synth ready (more correctly, MIDI) guitar. G-VOX and Roland aren't truly the same thing, and I'm not too versed on the compatibility of the two...

G-VOX went under. Roland is still around, obviously. Some folks have said the G-VOX stuff wasn't very good and that the Roland stuff is much better. I have no idea either way, other than the fact that I've seen folks play a Roland whilst gigging and never seen a G-VOX.

Makes no difference if you don't use it, I believe you can plug it in normally.

Given the added expense implicit in a MIDI setup you're probably not going to use, you might consider just looking for a guitar without it or for one that's Roland-ready if you decide to use a synth later.
PacerX is offline   Reply With Quote