Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-28-2005, 02:57 PM   #46
happens.

sweeet.. I will hopefully get mom to buy it today.. Thing is, I'm buying the cable from Musiciansfriend, so I might get the bass before the cable.. Thanks for the quick replies..

Now you must battle out who gets what,..

-[R]-ChurchPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #47

Um? I don't think you really need to get just the cable from Musiciansfriend - shippings a beast and will probably cost you a good percentage of what you're paying for the cable.

Just find like a local guitar center or something, you do have one near you right?
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #48
happens.

I called them.. They don't have the monster cable, or ernie ball strap.. Shipping will only be 6..
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #49

you DONT have to get a monster cable.
The peavey cable that came with my bass is holding up to my use, and as for strap, jsut a heads up...the strap pins on the SX is tiny compared to those like the Ibanez basses have...I'd suggest the planet waves locking strap, havn't had to worry about dropping my bass yet...
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #50
happens.

Well, I might be buying the scorpion which would come with a strap, so I might not need to buy one.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #51
happens.

Ok folks, this is what the guy from Dad's work who plays guitar suggests...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/510424/

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/519677/

For an amp, he suggests fender amps, which would cost 180 for 25 watts, or a behringer bx300 or bx600.. I'm not buying the amp right away, because we have another I'll practice on.. but the BX1200 is 150 b-stock on zzounds... so pretty much, is the Squier for 180 + amp and stuff, or the Ibanez pack for 280 with a 10watt amp, or the SX for 120 + a amp I could get 120 watts for 150$... The SX is a good bit cheaper... So pretty much, which of the three do you guys think would be the best buy?
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #52

alrite, first off: you're going to want to give the behringer ones a test run first - aluminum cones instead of paper gives them a brighter sound.

I say go with SX though - Ibanez is good, but a 10 watt amp will get you nowhere (seriously)

The squire is nothing compared to the SX - the SX surpasses the Standard Fender IMO...
Unread 03-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #53

I seriously wouldn't buy that Squier. I've played the ones they send to the store I work at and they're horrible. Bad electronics, weak necks, bad finishes, sharp fret edges, just poor quality all around. The only Fender that I've found that has ground against my SX is an American Standard, an Aerodyne or a highway 1. All of which are five times as expensive. When you buy a Fender you buy just that, a name. Fender's quality control is horrible. If you parents insist to buy a name brand, try Peavey.
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:02 AM   #54
happens.

So we've eliminated the Squier, which guitar alone is better, the Ibanez or the SX?
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #55

I've never played any of the entry level Ibanezs, but I've heard plenty of mixed reviews of them. Construction sie you're looking at Agatis wood with the Ibanez which is some cheap wood they found to construct basses and the SX is Alder which is a wood that is featured in basses with a hefty pricetag.

I've taken my SX into the studio and I know plenty of other guys who have. You really can't understand the quality of these basses untill you get one.
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #56

Go Ibanez.

And you know what? not to sound rude, but shut up and buy the bass already :P - you've waited longer than I have (last spring to this fall I wanted one...:P)
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #57
happens.

It's not my choice when to buy it, my parents are paying, so if it's not convienient to buy it, I obviously can't...
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #58

go with the SX...
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:41 AM   #59
happens.

*sigh* The scorpion isn't on the bass page anymore.. I emailed Rondo asking if they were gonna have more...
Unread 03-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #60

Yeah, that's the thing that kinda gripes me about Rondo. They will get a certain amount of a bass in and once they sell out you can't get them anymore unless they're a super seller. You've got to have the money when you see what you want. They offered a Thunderbird bass that sold out in less than a week.