Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > W
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 8.33%
7 0 0%
8 1 8.33%
9 4 33.33%
10 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #1

Webb, Derek - I See Things Upside Down

Tracks
1. I Want A Broken Heart
2. Better Than Wine
3. The Strong, The Tempted & The Weak
4. Reputation
5. I Repent
6. Medication
7. We Come To You
8. T-Shirts
9. Ballad In Plain Red
10. Nothing Is Ever Enough
11. Lover Part 2
12. What Is Not Love

For more on Derek Webb, click here.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
Hope you guessed my name

I've had this for... well, let's just say since before INOTOF wanted me to. It is amazing. 10/10
Unread 11-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
The People's

I like it, but I think it's missing some of the punch of She Must and Shall Go Free, partly do to the production and partly do to the subject matter. Still, the lyrics are fantastic and the music is fantastic also. While it might eventually get a 10 in my mind, right now it's a 9.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2004, 12:16 PM   #4
Loner in the Lone Star

Send a message via AIM to Frok
This album is a very different style from "She must and Shall go Free." It's taking me a little while to get used to it but I am finding that I like it more and more and time I listen to it. I gave it a 9 also, but it could become a 10.
Unread 12-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #5
titles are stupid

Wow! I love this CD. Definitely a 10. Every time I listen to it, I like it more. I got it today, and the first time I listened it was ok. After the fifth time now it has more than grown on me. The lyrics are great (as expected) and the musical style is awesome and extremely unique. Derek Webb is truly one of the most gifted songwriters on the face of the earth.
"The music that matters to me is the music that insists on the transcendent; that sounds like muddy feet and outstretched arms. If you are what you eat, then this is the stuff I want to feed on. Music has that other-worldly ability to nourish the spirit and enlarge the soul. I'm done with the flimsy cynic seeking to hide himself in the steel armor of pseudo-intellectual babble. I want to hear a voice that sings from the ache of hope and love. I want to feel the swinging of fists through the resistance and despair. In the words of Bruce Cockburn, 'got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight'. Amen."
-Matthew Perryman Jones

legionbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2004, 12:27 AM   #6
i'm for true love

i am totally a derek webb fan! i don't understand why so many of my friends don't like him, cuz I really think he is cool! his lyrics are amazing, and the new album has the coolest, most unique music! a total 10!
shawnothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2005, 03:48 PM   #7
cvlspaz

Send a message via MSN to cvlspaz
derek webb is simply the best

derek webb is just the best songwriter i've ever listened to. amazing lyrics that are thought provoking and direct without being cheesy. musically, he pushes the boundaries of what is popular. he is truly and artist sold out on God and not afraid to tell it like it is, and that is great to see. he's not afraid to expose the fact that Christians aren't perfect including himself. in accepting that, we are expressing our utter need for Christ and He is exalted. i'm so glad that this message can be found in cd stores today.
cvlspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
Banned

This album is dead good, Derek Webb has always been a great songwriter in my eyes since I first started listening to Caedmons Call about 2 or 3 years ago now.

The only reason that I gave this album an 8 is because it's one of those that you can't listen to the whole of it because after about 8 or 9 tracks of it, it starts to get on your nerves a bit, but that's just my opinion.

Apart from that one negative statement this album is dead good.
jesusismydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote