Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > N
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 9.52%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 4.76%
6 2 9.52%
7 2 9.52%
8 4 19.05%
9 4 19.05%
10 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #1

Newsboys - Devotion

Tracks
1. Devotion
2. I Love Your Ways
3. Presence
4. Strong Tower
5. God of Nations
6. Blessed Be Your Name
7. The Orphan
8. Landslide Of Love
9. Name Above All Names
10. When The Tears Fall

For more on the Newsboys, click here.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-17-2004, 11:55 PM   #2

I like the cd personally I think it's better than Adoration, but I like old school Newsboys more.
SickSuitFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2005, 02:50 AM   #3
likes pleasant suprises

I was left a little saddened after listening to Newsboy's "Devotion". Musically i found it very boring, and it was missing something around the mid-range. Being a keyboardist, I enjoyed how a lot of the songs were keyboard driven, and i also enjoyed the lyrics to some of the song. But that is all i liked about this album... i was dissapointed... i liked "Adoration" much more.
smhatahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Be cool. Choose Jesus.

I loved the "Adoration" album and thought "Devotion" would be the same but the songs they chose (with a few exceptions) just didn't sound right coming from the Newsboys. I do have the Cd and do like the title track, blessed be your name, and presence though.

Man on Fire Ministries 2005
www.xanga.com/crosseyed04
crosseyed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #5

Why all the slamming?

Guys, guys, guys!
Being so hard on this CD! I gave it an 8. 4 points for stepping out of their comfort zone, because it wasn't what they've been doing a lot. But, there were some great songs. I would say that it is a good buy, but don't rush out and pay too much for it.

In Christ,
4 The Lord
4 The Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
Jesus Christ is the Man

Send a message via AIM to Ajwsalem
Dude this is one of my favorite CD's they've made so far and the Newsboys are pretty good to begin with.
Ajwsalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
Banned

i don't mean to offend anybody, cuz this is just my personal opinion, but this cd is the most aweful cd i've ever listened to. it's too mellow for my taste and it has the most unorigional lyrics i've ever heard. what made me hate this cd so much is that the newsboys broke away from their hard rock music and origional music, which, for me, made the newsboys the newsboys. if you take away that, you're left with another worship band (we already have plenty of those). i would only reccomend this cd to k-love listeners. not to bash newsboys- i mean, i used to like them in the good old days of "take me to your leader" and "thrive". i'm sorry, but this cd's not for me
audioafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #8
Poster Boy for G.A.S

Send a message via AIM to Joseiy
Haha guys you can stop fighting about this awesome cd.
The Newsboys are an amzing band. You have to give them that. They have been around for 15+ years .I personally liked it. You cant expect them to do the same thing the whoel time.
Can you?

I thought I had GAS...I'm nominating you for the official poster boy.
Electric Guitars Fender Highway One Telecaster
Amps Vox AC15 W/ Jensen Modtone, Crate V50
Effects Korg Pitchblack, SBN BDAB ,SBN Lil Eagle, EHX Holy Grail