Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > R
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 5 2.45%
2 0 0%
3 1 0.49%
4 2 0.98%
5 0 0%
6 4 1.96%
7 9 4.41%
8 19 9.31%
9 55 26.96%
10 109 53.43%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #121
Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C.
I give it a 6. I don't really have much to say about it either. Some songs a decent (High of 75, Be My Escape, When I Go Down) but the rest are subpar. I don't agree with all the little fanboys who give this album and all the other Relient K albums 10's. These aren't "10" albums.
-Kenny
It's easily a 10 album, and I'm not a fanboy. I don't like RK that much.

beau99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-23-2005, 07:48 PM   #122

I used to like Relient K back in grade 10 but then I think my music tastes matured and I didn't really listen to them anymore. But the other day, I found an old CD that I had burned (I've since given up burning) and I popped it into my computer only to find some relient K on it. The songs brought back some good memories from high school. Well, I went on to my downloading software just so I could see what they sounded like now. I came across 'Be My Escape' and it was a perfect song for what I am going through now and the lyrics really spoke to me. Anyways, to make a long story short, I think I may buy the CD just for that song.
OneHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2005, 07:55 PM   #123
Banned

Yesh you should totally buy this cd If you liked RK but their music isn't mature enough for you, you would like MMHMM. Matt's writing has totally matured. It's like, almost a different band. While many of the songs on this cd have their newer, more mature sound, they retain their younger sounding punk rock band feel in a few of the tracks. Good for any RK fan The new person in the band sings in some of the songs, and his voice is really good. Possibly as good as Matt's, only in a different way. Right now I'm listening to "When I Go Down". This would be really good for a solo.....
fallinguprawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2005, 08:10 PM   #124

I like how they worked piano into the songs. I respect any band that has a piano.
Unread 10-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #125
Banned

I respect any band that uses piano right. Not all bands that use piano make it sound cool. Switchfoot does, like in "On Fire". And yes, RK uses piano well
Unread 10-23-2005, 08:23 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallinguprawks
I respect any band that uses piano right. Not all bands that use piano make it sound cool. Switchfoot does, like in "On Fire". And yes, RK uses piano well
I've never really heard any bands that have bad piano.
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #127
jbutterfly_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenThen
Ack really? I didn't really care for it because he does the growlish sort of aggravated voice thing... its really strange... I like his voice on the other cds... but I love Let It All Out.
On the little poem type things below your message, what are the first and the last one's from? I know that the middle one is from one of casting crowns songs, i think it's Here I Go Again. Casting Crowns is one of my favorite bands. Also you say that Matt has the growlish sort of aggrivated voice thing goin on, I don't really think so unless that on a song that I haven't listened to lately.
Unread 11-16-2005, 03:24 PM   #128
cant wait for superman!

Send a message via AIM to KingdomHeart44 Send a message via Yahoo to KingdomHeart44
best Relient K yet....
KingdomHeart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #129
All Hands on Deck

This cd rocks! I've been listening to some of their songs on purevolume.com/relientk and it's just great. Some of my favs are "Be My Escape", "The One I'm Waiting For", "Who I am Hates Who I've Been", and "More than Useless".
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #130

this CD showed a different side of Relient K, not so much pop/punk that was present in their first 2 CDs. I enjoyed this CD, best songs being "The One I'm Waiting For", "This Week the Trend", and "High of 75"
hockeyfreak30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #131
might be a giant

I think Be My Escape is the best song. I listen to it over and over. It's because the part of the song "I've been housing all this doubt..." flows so perfectly. Great album too.
powerchordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #132
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHope
I've never really heard any bands that have bad piano.
It can be overused in some music....
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
best Relient K yet....
Absolutely
Quote:
This cd rocks! I've been listening to some of their songs on purevolume.com/relientk and it's just great. Some of my favs are "Be My Escape", "The One I'm Waiting For", "Who I am Hates Who I've Been", and "More than Useless".
Yes, and all the tracks are good "When I Go Down" has to be my favorite because it's so much fun to sing along with. I sure hope they make a background track to that song. My second choice for a background track off that cd would be "Be My Escape"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak30
this CD showed a different side of Relient K, not so much pop/punk that was present in their first 2 CDs. I enjoyed this CD, best songs being "The One I'm Waiting For", "This Week the Trend", and "High of 75"
That's funny, because those are some of the songs that most kept their older "pop/punk" feel

And yeah, I'm enjoying their newer, more "mature" sound Matt's vocals have improved, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerchordguy
I think Be My Escape is the best song. I listen to it over and over. It's because the part of the song "I've been housing all this doubt..." flows so perfectly. Great album too.
That's a great song Have you heard the acoustic version? I think I like it slightly better. Both versions are awesome.
Unread 01-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #133
I'm the family wuss

The CD is AWESOME! I acctually love Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet Rock version better than acoustic when I like soft music better. Adding alot of Piano really pushed Relient K songs up on my favorites list!!!
raised4praise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #134
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Hauck
Yeah, it's a great album.

I get to see RK tonight and it's gona be awesome to hear them play these songs!
Hauck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #135
RYANISM©

this is definitely relientk's greatest work so far

and check out my youtube!
xbox live gamertag = ryanxxxx

i play call of duty 4, halo 3, and guitar hero 3
lets play
ryanxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote