Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > R
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 5 2.45%
2 0 0%
3 1 0.49%
4 2 0.98%
5 0 0%
6 4 1.96%
7 9 4.41%
8 19 9.31%
9 55 26.96%
10 109 53.43%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #76
WARNING:Major Jesus Freak

This is definitely Relient K's best work so far. The album as a whole has more substance and maturity than the previous albums, the music is tight and Matt's voice is better than ever. No complaints here, this is my favourite cd at the moment, and is going to be hard to beat!

Unread 01-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #77
onfireformanila

Ack really? I didn't really care for it because he does the growlish sort of aggravated voice thing... its really strange... I like his voice on the other cds... but I love Let It All Out.
Without You for a day

Cause here I go again
Talking 'bout the rain
And mulling over things that won't live past today

Not so long ago, a man from Galilee
Fed thousands with His bread and His theology
And the truth He spoke quickly became the joke
Of educated, self-inflated Pharisees like me
EvenThen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2005, 12:27 AM   #78
Lost and Alone !

Send a message via ICQ to jonathon.p Send a message via AIM to jonathon.p Send a message via MSN to jonathon.p Send a message via Yahoo to jonathon.p
Cool

Ya Know relient k Is My Favorite band ever.allways has been allways will be
I Mean They rock I Loved "Anatomy" and "Two Lefts" but "mmhmm" Is My Favorite I Haven't found a track I Don't Like My favorite is probally
'Be my escape' the only thing I didn't like was there was no goof off song at the end but I still gave it a 10 I would have gave it more if they would let me O Ya relient k is the best band no matter what other people think
Opie's Blog
JBanana's Blog
jonathon.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #79
Katierscccc

Thumbs up wow.

This cd far receeded my expectations! It decived me at first- I was to sure inits potential but after really listening to it, I love it! If you dont already own this amazing cd, go to the nearest store and buy it... now!
Unread 01-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #80
By the Beard of Zeus!

Send a message via MSN to supahfly23
Quote:
EvenThen said- Ack really? I didn't really care for it because he does the growlish sort of aggravated voice thing
hey, just to clarify, that's the lead vocalist from The Showdown, not Matt. I thought that was a new way that RK was trying to give thier sound a little more edge to it, but your right, at first listen i thought that Matt had taken some hardcore lessons.

Awesome cd. Like most cd's of excellence, this one hit me at first listen and kept growing on me. Better that "Two Lefts..." maybe lyrically, and i'm still trying to decide if i like it better than "anatomy" (always one of my favorites) but still a very strong cd, both musically and lyrically. I really like the addition of the piano in the mix and "Let it all out" is just amazing.
Unread 01-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #81
ICE

Send a message via AIM to RockerDud3 Send a message via MSN to RockerDud3
Awsome C-D, I like the one song "Be My Escape" I give it a 10

I recommend this c-d to all,
RockerDud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:01 PM   #82
rkfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Jedi

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. These are quite possibly the best lyrics to come from mainstream Christian music since The Beautiful Letdown. As ABAC mentioned, most of the music is much more punk than it is emo. I also thought this with just the couple of singles they released on PureVolume, but hearing the album as a whole makes me see that it is very much punk.

And have you ever actually SEEN them live? I saw them at a concert that was being run by Newsong, and they were only allowed to play three songs. That short set was by FAR the highlight of the evening, even beating out Audio A. Really, I fail to see any of your points whatsoever.

Dude, i am totally agreeing with you. I dunno who this Epaphrus weirdo is but i'd have to say that if i ever saw him face to face and knew him to be "epaphrus" i would have to use some unhappy words. relient k is totally my favorite band and i'd have to agree with that jonathon dude who wrote in one of the earlier reviews above, too. he had my thoughts down pat.
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #83

Send a message via AIM to 12StonesDude Send a message via Yahoo to 12StonesDude
I was amzed by this cd in more than one way. The guitars are excellent, but for the first time, there is true emotion in the lyrics. Matt is truy singing from his soul now, and it shows, personal experiences, anger, sadness, it all shines on this record, I give it a 9.

How can I be loved by the one, who conquers all I am, my soul, waits for you.-Sick of CHange

Simple Pleasures long forsaken, now you just keep making the same mistakes, and nothing makes sense to you now, you pop the pills all one by one, you might as well be holding a loaded gun, cuz it destroys all you know.-SeventyTimesSeven-my band

They say I'm rare, if being rare is Loving God, life, and being naturally happy, then that is a sad statement.
12StonesDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #84
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
MODS: If you delete a thread, please enter a reason. Then, when other mods like me come along, they don't have to look at the post to figure out why it was deleted. Thanks.

Anyhow, I give this Cd an 8. It has been in my CD player for days. I have not heard a Christian CD this solid since The Beautiful Letdown.
Unread 02-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #85

RELIENT K ROCKS... This is by far there best cd!! I mean theres alot of powerful guitar riffs, and blow your head off power chords... THEY ROCK
Unread 02-13-2005, 02:51 AM   #86
The Peoples Republic, CO

I just lost respect for each and every one of you... (j/k... or am i?)

semi-related question
by the way, why does relient K attract so many fanboys??
anathema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #87
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Hmm... I spoke a bit soon. I have decided that the CD is not as solid as my initial impression, mostly because a few of the songs have become severely annoying to me. Like... the beginning of "I So Hate Consequences". Ugh. I'd give it a 7, because there are a few songs I absolutely love.
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:25 PM   #88

THis is the most desgusting cd I have heard in my life.
Just kidding. This is the awesomest CD EVER. Relient K has had some awesome CD's, but I think what makes this CD so much better is the fact that they seem to be more serious than before, and they seem more sincere.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2005, 09:38 PM   #89
Hello!

Send a message via AIM to Timberwolf
I gave it a 10. It's a great CD.

"They didn't die from cold without, but they died from cold within" - August Burns Reds pretty sick...

"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith."
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2005, 10:42 PM   #90
What?

Send a message via AIM to G.E. Thorpe Send a message via MSN to G.E. Thorpe

UM IS THIS THING ON? OH YEAH my name is :
GEGEGE

This thing below (if you click on it) will take you to where you can listen to my msuic if you wish.
CPF ROCKS...
IS my favorite SMILEY
G.E. Thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote