Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > R
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 5 2.45%
2 0 0%
3 1 0.49%
4 2 0.98%
5 0 0%
6 4 1.96%
7 9 4.41%
8 19 9.31%
9 55 26.96%
10 109 53.43%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-12-2004, 08:08 AM   #31
through the cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by laetus
Relient K has a special set of songs that they place on every cd. The lyrics they usually put on their songs are hilarious and deep. The music is astounding and the talent shown is amazing.

However, their new cd, mmhmm, is a HUGE disapointment. Every time i listen to the Cd i become very sad because it contains nothing of what 'is' Relient K. It doesn't sound like Relient K. I was hoping to listen to an entertainingly lifting Cd over and over again, boy was I wrong. If i wasn't so lazy id rannk the cd a 4 only because Relient k is so awesome.
I couldn't disagree more.

there songs are funny, not hilarious. the opposite of deep. talent only mediorcre. music is NOT astounding.

mmhmm is their BEST album by far. if you want to dis maturity, go ahead. maturity rules the coop.

Matt4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #32

yea right

You call that maturity. No its not maturity i call it posing. They have run out of gas. I call it conforming because they are just like everyon else.
laetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 03:34 PM   #33

Quote:
You call that maturity. No its not maturity i call it posing. They have run out of gas. I call it conforming because they are just like everyon else.

Yeah, I am slowly becoming a programmer. I am such a sell-out, becoming like all of those other computer programmers out there.

Your argument makes NO sense at all.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 03:47 PM   #34
Your car crash eyes...

Quote:
How are they conforming? Because they are serious? I guess I'm listening to a bunch of conformist bands! I must burn my CD collection, while doing my prayer rituals for doing these Satanic/demonic/occultic actions! I must do this quickly!!
Unread 11-12-2004, 06:25 PM   #35

i guess im in a conservative forum

im sorry for voicing my opinions.
laetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #36
Your car crash eyes...

The problem is, you're not backing up your statements. Please backup your opinions.
Unread 11-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #37
RK rocks!

Send a message via AIM to sk8boarder37198 Send a message via MSN to sk8boarder37198
This is a great Cd. I do hat the pop stuff they put in it but with "Life after death and taxes" and "I So Hate Consequences" it gets a 8/10
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #38
Guitars are cool

I just got picked this up yesterday. It pales in comparison alongside the CDs I bought with it, but in it's own right, I'd say this is RK's best work. Definately as step in the right direction for them. Ever since I heard "Failure..." I always thought they would be best suited as a sort of emo rock sort of direction. I'd say they pretty much achieved that this time around. "Failure II" really sold me on the album. That was the first song I listened to after I got it. Most of the CD is really catchy and well done.

Also I thought the hidden track was nifty this time around. Cool place to hide it at.

Overall. 8.2. Solid Release, and definately RK's best so far. (I accidentially punched 7 on the poll, so... yeah...)
Unread 11-15-2004, 03:47 AM   #39

Could a mod split half of this thread over to CPF? Someone needs to. This is not a "review thread" anymore.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2004, 11:31 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemOfAJon
Could a mod split half of this thread over to CPF? Someone needs to. This is not a "review thread" anymore.

~Jon
I am handling it, friend Jon.

Added in - Don't do that again, guys. This thread is a review thread on what you thought about MmHmm. Not about what you think of Relient K, what your mother thinks of Relient K, or how you want to marry Theissan. I don't want to hear another word about it.
Unread 11-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #41
Be a Simple Kinda Man

Send a message via AIM to RockOn28
So before I picked up the CD, I had heard that this album was more mature than "Two lefts..." I was suprised at how much more mature this album is. The thing that suprised me the most was that, for a mainstream release, it was a very Christian-oriented CD. Yes it has some goofy tracks, but for the most part, it's very serious. I'm amazed at how good this CD is. After "Two Lefts..." I doubted that they could make an album as good as Anatomy. This is better than anatomy. I just hope that people like my youth pastor who had given up on them will give this CD a chance.

RockOn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #42

*Renny* - You need to stop this. I am about to report you to the administrative staff.
Unread 11-18-2004, 09:17 AM   #43
through the cross

here's my actual review of the CD:

I have listened through a few times now so i feel i can give an accurate one. Compared to the other RK albums, I love this one! Compared to much better artists (like the ones in my sig) it's not much. but yeah, the other RK albums usually are about 2 serious songs, 4 serious/silly songs, and 10 goofy either songs or fill-ins ("the scrambled eggs and cinamon toast...mmm delicious!"). This album is more like 2 goofy songs, 4 serious/silly songs and 8 serious songs. It's great!

I especially like Be My Escape, High of 75, More Than Useless, The One I'm Waiting For, and Let it All Out. I've always said they need to use more piano. That adds a nice touch.

And let's face it: My Girl's Ex-Boyfriend is bound to be the next Sadie Hawkins Dance/Mood Rings... so they haven't got rid of that tradition.

Definetly a step up in the world for these guys...
Matt4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #44
Be a Simple Kinda Man

Send a message via AIM to RockOn28
One thing I have noticed so far is that most of us, if not all, have put Let It All Out as one of our favorites on the CD. I think it's pretty cool that so many of us can agree that it is a great song.

RockOn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #45
I ♥ her

Send a message via AIM to texandawg1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn28
One thing I have noticed so far is that most of us, if not all, have put Let It All Out as one of our favorites on the CD. I think it's pretty cool that so many of us can agree that it is a great song.
Let it all out I don't think is as good as When I go down, that is a very good song.

MYSPACE

I'm not American; I'm Texan
My blog is open again.

texandawg1288 is offline   Reply With Quote