Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > CGR Members' Art, Music & Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-10-2005, 04:18 AM   #16
intentionally left blank.

Send a message via AIM to hapa_angel Send a message via MSN to hapa_angel Send a message via Yahoo to hapa_angel
Bumping once more.

Someone, tear into this post. PLEEEEZ. Or I won't post much more for awhile. I still want critiques on it and I'm holding out on the newer stuff so I can get feedback on that.

where every step i took in faith betrayed me
and led me from my home
Oh yeah, I had an account on imood.com
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to hapa_angel Send a message via MSN to hapa_angel Send a message via Yahoo to hapa_angel
New song. "Deep." Right-click, save as. Lyrics are here.
and led me from my home
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #18

So I figured I should bump this. You know, just because.

Oh, and if people haven't noticed, I swapped out The One That Got Away on Myspace for a new rerecording of it. I did it in one shot a month or so ago, with the crappiest little pc mic. It doesn't sound too bad, considering. I need new strings badly so I haven't done any recordings of new stuff lately. I might at least try to squeeze some piano work in before I go home next Friday, and then I can finish the rest later.
and led me from my home
Unread 12-08-2005, 03:39 AM   #19
2 Legit 2 Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa_angel
So I figured I should bump this. You know, just because.

Oh, and if people haven't noticed, I swapped out The One That Got Away on Myspace for a new rerecording of it. I did it in one shot a month or so ago, with the crappiest little pc mic. It doesn't sound too bad, considering. I need new strings badly so I haven't done any recordings of new stuff lately. I might at least try to squeeze some piano work in before I go home next Friday, and then I can finish the rest later.
HEY PFOD! No resurrecting old threads!!!!!

I'm just kidding!!!
to make school party rocking.u need to have right kind of rocking band which rocks you.and makes you move.the party should be unforgettable..........
Unread 04-14-2006, 04:23 AM   #20

So um.

I have new songs. Two of 'em, to be specific. No new recordings, though. I've spent the evening (and some of the night) fighting with this new computer. Apparently my dad didn't set my account with sufficient admin privileges to use my microphone.

Eh, okay, I'll type 'em out for you...

there. Now go and rip into them before I make my dad fix this compy so I can record.
and led me from my home
Unread 05-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #21

I have a rerecording of Disappeared up in my blog. It's the first full song I've done on this new computer, with the new Audacity. I toyed with some of the functions and found stuff that works, although I could really stand to add to that barebones song like crazy.

Anyway. Link to post up above.
and led me from my home
Unread 05-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #22
to begin again

Send a message via AIM to fiveminuteplan Send a message via MSN to fiveminuteplan Send a message via Yahoo to fiveminuteplan
It sounds good. I think this is the best recording I've heard of you yet, there's no background noise. This is one of your better songs, too. The vocals also seem improved.

Have you ever considered getting Fruity Loops and doing an electronica\pop thing?
Unread 05-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #23
It's been awhile

Good job Rach. I agree with FMP, no background noise, and improved vocals.
Unread 05-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnminuteplan
It sounds good. I think this is the best recording I've heard of you yet, there's no background noise. This is one of your better songs, too. The vocals also seem improved.
Ahaha. Oh, for objectivity. My voice felt shaky while I was recording that, and I can distinctly hear the shakiness. I don't feel like that was a very good recording, personally. I'm sure it's just that I'm my harshest critic, though. Thanks.

I don't know HOW there managed to be no bg noise this time. I tried to do a recording just tonight and the noise was back. I think it's the computer or the lights in this room that are creating some sort of feedback that the mic is picking up. I really don't get it.

Quote:
Have you ever considered getting Fruity Loops and doing an electronica\pop thing?
Toucan Sam is kinda annoying.

If you mean you wanted to write a crossover song and needed a vocalist, hey, I'm up for it. Otherwise... well. I have yet to write anything electronica-y and I really don't anticipate attempting to do that anytime soon. So, not likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
Good job Rach. I agree with FMP, no background noise, and improved vocals.
Schmanx.
and led me from my home
Unread 05-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #25
to begin again

Send a message via AIM to fiveminuteplan Send a message via MSN to fiveminuteplan Send a message via Yahoo to fiveminuteplan
I'm not talking about me writing a song, you could make any one of your songs electonica. It's actually really easy. There is some really cool Japanese stuff like that. It's good music. I don't really know of much in America, besides like Frou Frou and The Postal Service. Mae incorporates electronica, although it's usually underneath a bunch of guitars.

I think you should just try it; it can be really fun. Fruity Loops is easy to use. It also allows you to make really high quality recordings with little to no knowledge. The only thing you'd need a mic for is your voice. You've got a good sense of melody, so you could set up some really cool sequencer type things and make them bubble up from the background and so forth. It would also seperate you from the plethora of guitar\piano based female singer\songwriters out there.

Just a suggestion, it's your music.
Unread 05-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveminutejohn
I'm not talking about me writing a song, you could make any one of your songs electonica. It's actually really easy. There is some really cool Japanese stuff like that. It's good music. I don't really know of much in America, besides like Frou Frou and The Postal Service. Mae incorporates electronica, although it's usually underneath a bunch of guitars.

I think you should just try it; it can be really fun.
Hmmmm.

Quote:
It would also seperate you from the plethora of guitar\piano based female singer\songwriters out there.
Well see, that's the thing... I want to be in that very sea of guitar-and-piano-female-singer-songwriters, but stand out and apart from them by what I specifically have to offer. I know it might not sound like it when my music is as bare-bones as it is, but I promise I have more in mind for my work than I can adequately put forth without the proper resources.

The last song I posted is really unique to anything else I've written, and I can say that about pretty much all of my best songs. I don't write in quite the same style for very long, and it's not even about finding a voice. It's just that that's how I write. It's all over the board. And I feel like that is one of my defining characteristics: that I don't simply stick to one exact formula and churn out as much junk as I can with that formula.

That being said, I can see what you're talking about as maybe a b-side project for a song or two. But beyond that, I don't see myself seriously getting into anything like this. It just doesn't really interest me, and isn't a direction I particularly want my music to go into.
and led me from my home
Closed Thread