Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > U
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 1.10%
2 1 1.10%
3 0 0%
4 2 2.20%
5 0 0%
6 2 2.20%
7 6 6.59%
8 12 13.19%
9 23 25.27%
10 44 48.35%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #31
Banned
 
thedemonhunter's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Medford, OR
Posts: 391
Send a message via MSN to thedemonhunter
Is it really that good? I love Reinventing Your Exit, but I've sampled the rest and it sounds weird ....I think they should be heavier if there's this much screaming.

thedemonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-12-2005, 09:49 PM   #32
I need a bigger car!
 
DKelly's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,263
I don't know. I actually like the way the screaming and the music sound together. It just sounds really good to me.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #33
Drew
 
underoathrocks's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere cool
Posts: 28
UNDEROATHROCKS

Dude I just got They're Only Chasing Safety Bonus Edition. Now I have 3 of their cds THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DON'T AGREE YOU SUCK!
__________________
Examine These, These Beautiful Faces and Keep Singing, Keep Singing Now. - The Devil Wears Prada
underoathrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #34
needs a new avatar
 
Symbiotic's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,076
Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic
that's the kind of stuff to get warned my smods or admin...be respectful of those who don't share your opinion....for the record, yes, they do rock, but watch what you say or leave
__________________
G.F.L.S.F.C.M.


Check out my.....

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2005, 12:05 AM   #35
is back in black
 
Inked in Blood's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2004
Location: Covina, CA
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic
that's the kind of stuff to get warned my smods or admin...be respectful of those who don't share your opinion....for the record, yes, they do rock, but watch what you say or leave
Agreed Underoath rocks but dont go around the site degraing other peoples thoughts towards someone or something.
__________________
You are the one I always wanted
The one I always needed
To share my life with you, only you
I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Inked in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #36
I need a bigger car!
 
DKelly's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked in Blood
Agreed Underoath rocks but dont go around the site degraing other peoples thoughts towards someone or something.

I agree with both of you; there's no need for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslope
e-marriages, on the other hand, are pure comic gold. I will never tire of listening the the soft mewings of 14 year olds in heat.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2005, 12:49 AM   #37
Uff da
 
Muffinly's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
Posts: 467
Forgive me for going against popular opinion, and I'm sorry if I disagree with you all... but I give the album a 2 out of 10.

This album is basically a re-hashing of recent trends with bland songwriting. It just seems to me completely unoriginal. I suppose to those who have not been exposed to this sort of music in the past might disagree, but there is really nothing unique or exciting I here in this band. And yes, I have heard the whole album. I own it. I bought it on a whim, and definitely believe it to be a waste of my money now.

Again, sorry if it sounds harsh. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes the cd, it just seems to me like... a trendy joke. I guess that means I suck.
__________________
-Paul

Bringing <strike>quality</strike> conversation to the internet since 2002.
Muffinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #38
I need a bigger car!
 
DKelly's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinly
Forgive me for going against popular opinion, and I'm sorry if I disagree with you all... but I give the album a 2 out of 10.

This album is basically a re-hashing of recent trends with bland songwriting. It just seems to me completely unoriginal. I suppose to those who have not been exposed to this sort of music in the past might disagree, but there is really nothing unique or exciting I here in this band. And yes, I have heard the whole album. I own it. I bought it on a whim, and definitely believe it to be a waste of my money now.

Again, sorry if it sounds harsh. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes the cd, it just seems to me like... a trendy joke. I guess that means I suck.


No, it's not a problem. I mean, even though I love the CD, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mine is just different than yours.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslope
e-marriages, on the other hand, are pure comic gold. I will never tire of listening the the soft mewings of 14 year olds in heat.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #39
needs a new avatar
 
Symbiotic's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,076
Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic
this is the point we were trying to make....great time to come along and say that you don't think it's great...
__________________
G.F.L.S.F.C.M.


Check out my.....

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 11:36 PM   #40
Registered User
 
ShawnTheNoob's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 196
I like the CD.
May not be the best band in the world but i give a 7 out of 10.
They rock and more importantly they rock for Jesus!
ShawnTheNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:40 PM   #41
Registered User
 

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
great album

the only problem is underoath lost their metaledge

i used to be able to be angry or something and pop in some changing of times and just vent
now, this new cd, with its softer poppier edge seems to have lost its instumental and gained too much vocals.

i say their next album needs to balance both
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2005, 12:39 AM   #42
is back in black
 
Inked in Blood's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2004
Location: Covina, CA
Posts: 3,314
Ya I first heard them when they had the screamo style and then I heard them when they were metal (such as in "The Changing of Times") and I think they were alot better with Dallas Taylor fronting.
__________________
You are the one I always wanted
The one I always needed
To share my life with you, only you
I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Inked in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #43
Curiously Intriguing
 
Benny Hicks's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 3,458
Initially I really liked this band, but I'm starting to be a little weirded out by them. I mean, a lot of their music just isn't heavy and could suitably have any regular pop singer singing and would still sound fitting. I respect their creativity in trying to combine screamo and pop elements, but I'm starting to be turned off by it.
__________________
<center><font size="1">For a fun time, go here.</font>
<table width="100%"><tr><td width="60%"><font size="1">It ain't easy being a
self-perpetuating elite.

</font></td><td width="40%" align="right"><font size="1"><br>Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
- 1 John 2:28 <br />
</font></td></tr></table><br />
Benny Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #44
All Hands on Deck
 
HolyRockJfreak's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Burning Down Neverland
Posts: 1,684
I've heard "Reinventing your exit" and "It's dangerous business walking out your front door" and those songs rock. The music videos for those are also pretty sweet, esp. "Reinventing your exit". Here's the link to see Underoath's "reinventing your exit" and "when the sun sleeps" music videos

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-298001-videos--UnderOath
__________________
<marquee direction="left" scroll delay 500><Scrollamount="1">My favorite bands
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #45
I need a bigger car!
 
DKelly's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRockJfreak
I've heard "Reinventing your exit" and "It's dangerous business walking out your front door" and those songs rock. The music videos for those are also pretty sweet, esp. "Reinventing your exit". Here's the link to see Underoath's "reinventing your exit" and "when the sun sleeps" music videos

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-298001-videos--UnderOath


Those songs are good, but I think my favorites are "Down, Set, Go" and "Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslope
e-marriages, on the other hand, are pure comic gold. I will never tire of listening the the soft mewings of 14 year olds in heat.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2