Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > F
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 4 33.33%
9 5 41.67%
10 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #1

Further Seems Forever - Hide Nothing

Tracks
1. Light Up Ahead
2. Hide Nothing
3. Already Gone
4. Like Someone You Know
5. Make It a Part
6. All Rise
7. Call on the Life
8. Lead the Way
9. Bleed
10. For All We Know

For more on Further Seems Forever, click here.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
I chose this prison...

Send a message via AIM to shinemdm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Tracks
1. Light Up Ahead
2. Hide Nothing
3. Already Gone
4. Like Someone You Know
5. Make It a Part
6. All Rise
7. Call on the Life
8. Lead the Way
9. Bleed
10. For All We Know

For more on Further Seems Forever, click here.
I picked up this cd a couple of days after it came out from Best Buy, and wow I was impressed. I didn't really like too much of the older FSF stuff, but after hearing Light Up Ahead on purevolume I had to buy it.

My favorite tracks are "Light Up Ahead", "Like Someone You Know", and "For All We Know", the latter being an awesome inspiring acoustic song. The entire cd is absolutely amazing, and really the only song that I thought was mediocre was "Make It a Part/All Rise" (they're 2 connected tracks that is basically one song).

FSF' songwriting skills have gotten better with each album, I think. John has an amazing voice. The only thing that I didn't really like about the album as a whole was that most of the ten songs are under 3 minutes in length, but that is easily gotten over once you listen to the album all the way through. I gave it a 9.

Max

American girls all weather and noise
Playing the changes for all of the boys
Holding a candle up to my hand
Making it feel so incredible" - Counting Crows

"And all these bad dreams, I'll wake up to the light
And when I can't see, I'll wake up to Your eyes
Wake me up....there's a light up ahead, there's a light up ahead" - Further Seems Forever

"I could feel it go down
Bittersweet I could taste in my mouth
Silver lining the clouds
Oh, and I, I wish that I could work it out" - Coldplay

"In the fight between my heart and mind
No one really wins this time
No one really wins this time
In the endless fight of grace and pride
I don't want to win this time
I don't want to win this time" - Copeland
shinemdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
thistledown

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinemdm
I picked up this cd a couple of days after it came out from Best Buy, and wow I was impressed. I didn't really like too much of the older FSF stuff, but after hearing Light Up Ahead on purevolume I had to buy it.

My favorite tracks are "Light Up Ahead", "Like Someone You Know", and "For All We Know", the latter being an awesome inspiring acoustic song. The entire cd is absolutely amazing, and really the only song that I thought was mediocre was "Make It a Part/All Rise" (they're 2 connected tracks that is basically one song).

FSF' songwriting skills have gotten better with each album, I think. John has an amazing voice. The only thing that I didn't really like about the album as a whole was that most of the ten songs are under 3 minutes in length, but that is easily gotten over once you listen to the album all the way through. I gave it a 9.

Max
That statement right there is one of the reasons that I love this album so much, even with how short it is. I want to use Light Up Ahead as a prelude for worship at youth group sometime.
Unread 02-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #4

I gave it a nine. One of my favorite releases of 2004, by far. But it does fall short in several areas, such as album length, and variety in the songs. But I really love it. A lot..
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
All Hands on Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I gave it a nine. One of my favorite releases of 2004, by far. But it does fall short in several areas, such as album length, and variety in the songs. But I really love it. A lot..
Yeah it's pretty sweet. It's a real peaceful cd that still rocks. I play it a lot when I'm stressed.

I got the cd because I heard "Light Up Ahead" and thought it was sweet. I found "Hide Nothing" was even better song. Then "Already Gone" is sad, but great and peaceful. "Like Someone you know" is another good rocker.

Then another fav on the cd is "Make it a Part" which is an excellent song that leads right into All rise and is like a connected song (which reminds me of Toby Mac, but anyway.). "Lead the Way" is another great song.

This is an excellent cd, and if you didn't like FSF's old stuff this is probably worth a try.

Great stuff.
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
All Hands on Deck

Just to add some more, this cd really helps me when I'm feeling down and stressed, songs like "Light Up Ahead", "Hide Nothing", "Make it a Part/All Rise", and even "Already Gone" (which is kind of sad but really peaceful) just really help me feel better. And even just how the music is made it is really peaceful and offers a lot of hope and it just rocks!
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
As a longtime Sensefield fan, I bought this album already expecting to hear Bunch's vocals. So much of the vocal patterns make me think of Sensefield (which makes sense), but the band is just amazing on this one.

Interestingly, on first listen I wasn't that impressed with it...but after multiple listens the album just kept getting better. It's easily my second favorite album (sorry Jason Gleason, I'm just not a fan)...I gave TMID a 9 and HTSAF a 6...Hide Nothing gets a solid 8 from me.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #8

This is a good Album, I love Jon Bunch's vocals, and their backed by solid instrumentation. It gets an eight from me too.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote