Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-19-2004, 06:38 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoforester
Hey Noshoes I also have a Cort Curbow, mines a 6 string and I only paid around $550 and that included the case. You got ripped off on the price, but I agree, I've had mine for about 5 years and have had no problems with it and still love the way it sounds.
Ha, I paid 550 and got case, US bartolini pickups, and a set up by Mr. Curbow.

But I wouldn't reccomend it, unless you really like a cutting midrange sound. Even when mids are cut all the way down, they're still very hearable...

Ampeg stuff can be found cheap. Look for it used. Or even better, find a store that's getting rid of its ampeg stuff. I got my 810 brand new for 700 bucks.

Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-19-2004, 01:39 PM   #32

i odnt know who it wa that said gibson is all for the looks but man are you high or something i have a '77 gibson artist rd bass and that bass kicks butt. i agree that fenders used to be realy good basses so if you hae an old one good for you. but the new fenders are just slapped together in a factory somewhere in east china so if you want to play that kinda bass go ahead, no offense those are just my opinions
BassHead88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #33

personally I think my bass is the best I've played...but thats just me...and I can't play fenders because I'm in love with Ibanez necks...
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2004, 02:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead88
i agree that fenders used to be realy good basses so if you hae an old one good for you. but the new fenders are just slapped together in a factory somewhere in east china so if you want to play that kinda bass go ahead, no offense those are just my opinions

If this is true why do 50% of people play Fenders? Ask any producer and they'll tell you that a Fender bass is one of THE best basses you can record with. There is a reason Fender's still around. They're not some cliche company. They deliver good products for relativly good prices. Refering to the "just slapped together in a factory somewhere in east china" comment, that would be Squier, not Fender. The only Fenders you can buy are made in--Mexico, Japan, and the US, not "china."
Unread 12-20-2004, 01:55 PM   #35
Angry Japanese Shredder

Talking What do you think about my Bass Guitar?

Hi to all forum members!
I am new here, I have a concern about a bass guitar that I am going to purchase soon. I have tested a Lakland 55-02 Deluxe Cherry Sunburst 5-string bass guitar and it SOUNDED like PIANO-CLARITY. But For $1250 do you think its sound can be a competition to all other brands?

I don't like Fenders, Ibanez, Dean, Rickenbacker, and Music Man, because I used to own these, they don't have the funky tone that has a little pinch of nasal-sound texture. No Offense to all who own these basses. It's just that they're overpriced and they have a mediocre sound.

It (Lakland 55-02 Deluxe) is going to be plugged through a 30' Cobalt Cable (5.6Ohms< 1000ft), to a Carvin Red Line 1000 Series. (1000W w/ 4x12'' and 1x18'')

Sorry to brag, but I want to be clear.

Thank you for taking your time and your patience to read my posting.

God Bless
virtuosogitaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2004, 02:12 PM   #36

Nice virtuosogitaist ! I love Laklands, they're great basses. Make sure you post some pics of it when you get it.

Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #37
My other car is a Roscoe

Send a message via AIM to BassmanA440
My favorites are Tobias and Roscoe. (As much as I hate Fender, I'll have to breakdown and get one. A lot of these so called sound men have boards with Fender presets, and they sit there wining and moaning about how they can't get a descent sound - Lazy bums!)
BassmanA440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #38

ya i used to work in a music store and we had to put on "Made in USA" stckers over the "Made in China" imprints on most of the Fenders...not all but most....and i dont hate fenders its just i dont like how they are over-rated in some cases....just to clarify no offense but i dont like them
Unread 12-21-2004, 10:38 PM   #39

You should check out theperfectbass.com.

They specialize in highend basses such as Modulus, Roscoe and MTD. They also have REALLY good pricing...worth shotting them and email or giving them a call...all of the prices listed on the website are the lowest prices they are allowed to POST on the web, but the sell their gear for cheaper.

My bass player just bought a Roscoe LG3005 for under $2000. Another friend of mine custom ordered a Roscoe fretless from them...save a TON of cash!

Peace,
Mark
Woltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #40
My name is really Zebulon

Send a message via AIM to Bassman1185 Send a message via Yahoo to Bassman1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead88
ya i used to work in a music store and we had to put on "Made in USA" stckers over the "Made in China" imprints on most of the Fenders...not all but most....and i dont hate fenders its just i dont like how they are over-rated in some cases....just to clarify no offense but i dont like them
Ok, WHEN did you do that? That seems really, really unethical. If you're buying a MIA Fender, you actually expect it to be made in America.
Bassman1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #41

this summer i worked at a store called "LA music" and i was MADE to do it...not because i wanted to and not because i thought it was cool or funny...if i wante to keep my job there (which i did) they made me do it...listen like i said i hope there isnt any hard feelings i just dont like fenders that much....now dont get me wrong id take a fender if it was given to me but i wouldnt by one...i just dont trust them after i got ripped off with one once before
Unread 12-23-2004, 12:49 AM   #42

Ok, I'm sorry, but I going to have to call BS on covering up the "Made in xxxx" on the Fenders. The "made in America" is actually under a coat of finish. Also, there is no "sticker" on the basses that tell where they're made. It's a deal. The only way you could cover it up would be strip the finish off the headstock and redo it.

Please feel free to prove me wrong, but this sounds like BS to me.
Unread 12-23-2004, 12:54 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by beav2k2
Ok, I'm sorry, but I going to have to call BS on covering up the "Made in xxxx" on the Fenders. The "made in America" is actually under a coat of finish. Also, there is no "sticker" on the basses that tell where they're made. It's a deal. The only way you could cover it up would be strip the finish off the headstock and redo it.

Please feel free to prove me wrong, but this sounds like BS to me.
I was just about to say the same thing
Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #44

...Plus the serial numbers for the MiM start with M...
Woltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #45

I know if I had the $1750, I wouldn't waste any time getting to my local GC and buying a 5 string MM Bongo. They are some of the ugliest basses ever made, but once I picked one up and played it, I no longer cared about how it looked! I've alway been a big fan of the MM Stingray, and the Bongo sounds like a 'Ray on steroids. It's very deep and tight sounding with incredible note definition, even on the low B. It was also one of the most confortable basses I ever played.

Peace!
groover is offline   Reply With Quote