Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #1

Arrow Help adjusting my humbuckers

Hey ive been messing with the string height and humbucker height lately on my lp. I want to have a good clean sound with one of my pickups, but still be able to rock without having to much feedback or muddiness. What should i do. I lowered my strings and got too much feedback. Should i raise my strings and lower my pickups or what... i dont know. HELP!

x1jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
Are you who you wanna be?

Send a message via AIM to SwitchfootRulz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1jackson
Hey ive been messing with the string height and humbucker height lately on my lp. I want to have a good clean sound with one of my pickups, but still be able to rock without having to much feedback or muddiness. What should i do. I lowered my strings and got too much feedback. Should i raise my strings and lower my pickups or what... i dont know. HELP!
1) your amp deals with this issue overall
2) to make the sound "hotter" raise the pickups, and vice versa for a "dimmer" sound
3) only adjust the strings to your personal preference of height, doesnt really affect the sound (besides fret buzz, just dont get them too low)
SwitchfootRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1jackson
Keep your strings where they are. The only adjustment needed, really, is the pickup. It actually sounds like you're using too much gain on yout amp. Lay off on the gain a bit. Get your strings to where they are for a good action over the fretboard, and adjust the pickups so that they're not too close to the strings, but not too far away. Fret the low E on the 22nd fret, and adjust the neck pickup so it's touching the string, and then lower it about 2/16 of an inch. Then lower the bridge so that the output matches.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote