Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #16
distance is not doable

Send a message via AIM to Casey
Absolutely not Christian. You can see their "fruits" on any of the behind the scenes videos. DT, I sent you a PM.

Case

Unread 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #17
Sexier than Dr. Worm

Send a message via MSN to Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey
Absolutely not Christian. You can see their "fruits" on any of the behind the scenes videos.
Really now?

Galatians 5
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
(ESV)

Praytell, which of the former fruits did they show, and which of the latter fruits did they show lack of? Or are you really being presumptuous enough as to judge the state of their hearts by legalistic, extrabiblical standards?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2004, 01:32 PM   #18
distance is not doable

...eh, Maybe lack of goodness... and lack of self-control. I didn't get a Christ-like image. But perhaps I'm wrong to be presumptuous without knowing them personally... perhaps. Just thought I was answering a question.

Case

John Petrucci of Dream Theater in the process of building his EB guitar.

http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/artists/jp_proto.html

Last edited by thesteve; 03-15-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2004, 03:08 PM   #19
Dedicated

Send a message via MSN to Dream_Theater
The following was confirmed by Jordan Rudess on his message board, in a post made by one of the members asking about JR's religion.

James LaBrie - Christian

James has said in many interviews that he is Christian, and actively practices the religion. There is a (no longer available) interview from HM Magazine that had him talk in-depth about his beliefs, and the lyrical meaning of the song Blind Faith, with the interviewer and John Petrucci.

John Myung - Christian

This is as much confirmation as we can get: he said in an interview once that Jesus is his biggest influence in life. Anyone with more information please con$act us.*
John Petrucci - Catholic

In the above mentioned interview with James, he stated that he is a catholic and actively practices the religion. This is also evident in some of his songs, particularly Scarred and Voices.

Mike Portnoy - Jewish

In a Ytsejam.com "10 Quick Ones" interview, Mike said that he is Jewish, but doesn't practice the religion. Jordan Rudess also confirmed this in the message board post mentioned above.

Jordan Rudess - Jewish

In the message board post above, Jordan s$ated th!t he is Jewish... see the comments belo' for so-e more information.

[%rl="htt ://www.dtfaq.com/"]dtfaq.com[/url]

More vids

John Petrucci "lie" solo

and I know its not guitar I just love Portnoys solos
" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual evil in high places " Ephesians 6:12 - King James

Last edited by thesteve; 03-15-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Dream_Theater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #20

i am a real christian!!!

www.joeydahlia.com

there are some real christian shred video's also..

take care and god bless
Unread 08-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarjulia
.....hmmm...... I don't think so, but this is not the forum to discuss that. If anybody has an answer to my question I'll be glad to hear it. Thank you.
You don't think their talent is God-Given? Well, what, it's Satan-Given? Or completely their own?, which then begs the question of whether talent is ever truly God-Given or simply a function of our own work.

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #22
Dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat
You don't think their talent is God-Given? Well, what, it's Satan-Given? Or completely their own?, which then begs the question of whether talent is ever truly God-Given or simply a function of our own work.

Chesh
Both.
" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual evil in high places " Ephesians 6:12 - King James

Unread 08-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Theater
Both.
Both God-Given and Satan-Given, or both God-Given and a function of our own work?

I fully align with the second one, but that wasn't what I was referring to. I was simply rebutting Cesar's challange. I didn't know if he was asserting that the listed artists were spawns of satan or some such assurdity.

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
Unread 08-06-2004, 12:42 PM   #24
Dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat
Both God-Given and Satan-Given, or both God-Given and a function of our own work?

I fully align with the second one, but that wasn't what I was referring to. I was simply rebutting Cesar's challange. I didn't know if he was asserting that the listed artists were spawns of satan or some such assurdity.

Chesh
The latter. Nothing good is of Satan, but our God given abilites can of course be misused thats where the devil comes in.

Unread 08-06-2004, 09:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Theater
The latter. Nothing good is of Satan, but our God given abilites can of course be misused thats where the devil comes in.
Well, yeah, pretty much. The part I was challenging was Cesar in that he seemed to be questioning whether the talent of said guitarists was God-Given or not, as if to perhaps imply something else, possibly as nefarious as "Satan-Given", given the fact that he first asked if any of these guitarists were Christian and then suggesting some sort of causal relationship between that and their efficacy with guitar.

Chesh

Unread 08-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to TBHockey
I think the Super Mario on Piano was the best. (the guitar one was dumb, and he/she was off beat a lot)

The metal players have skill i will admit, but it's not only speed which shows skill. Dave Gilmour plays much slower than those guys, yet his solos have a lot more feeling in them..not to mention creativty. Then there is Alex Lifeson (who gets next to no credit) but he is incredible. La Villa Stangiato...Mission.. etc. Rush is without question the most creative band i have ever heard.
oh yeah.. ANyone ever hear Neil Peert's "Rythm Method"??
Unread 09-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #27
distance is not doable

JP Demoing "Not Even Slinky" Strings A step backwards in String Technology?

Case
Unread 10-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #28

Great Instrumental Guitar Videos

I got this off of HC

http://www.guitarplayer.de/band/video_clips.html

Gotta love these guys
I'm partial to the vid clubbing but that's me.

Edit: Whoops didn't notice you had a thread for this thanks for the move

Last edited by Ginosko; 10-01-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Ginosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:48 AM   #29
distance is not doable

why did this get un-stickied?
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:12 AM   #30
My famlily

hmmm, was wondering that myself.

« 7-string | NGD »