Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you smash guitars?
Yes 1 1.47%
No 4 5.88%
Are you crazy? 26 38.24%
Just call me Pete Townshend! 0 0%
Guitars are instruments, not baseball bats! 19 27.94%
I'd like to smash one... 16 23.53%
I've done it, and look upon it most regretfully. 0 0%
I r livng in cave. 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2004, 09:50 PM   #91
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_hunter
i dont see anything wrong with smashing guitars, regardless how expensive it is. its their guitar, their money, if they want to waste 1k or up on a stage, that is their issue.

the only thing i would think is bad is if after they smash it they throw it into the crowd, that could be dangerous. other then that, if you want to smash your axe, do it.
When I say throw I mean find a person and get their attention and toss it to them. Like if you ever see Paul Stanley throw his guitar it gets tossed to the front row while bend over. The toss is a good 2.5-3 foot. My self I didn't mean sling it in to a crowd because it common since that throwing a 5-6lb peice of wood will hurt someone.

lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-10-2004, 09:59 PM   #92
Is back!

Send a message via AIM to rock_guitar1990 Send a message via MSN to rock_guitar1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul59
When I say throw I mean find a person and get their attention and toss it to them. Like if you ever see Paul Stanley throw his guitar it gets tossed to the front row while bend over. The toss is a good 2.5-3 foot. My self I didn't mean sling it in to a crowd because it common since that throwing a 5-6lb peice of wood will hurt someone.
phew. i thought u meant like, lug it into the audience like something courtney love would do.

Frank-n-Furter, it's all over
Your mission is a failure, your lifestyle's too extreme
I'm your new commander, you now are my prisoner
We return to Transylvania, prepare the transit beam!
rock_guitar1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 06:25 AM   #93
does not look like this

Location: (lo-ka-shun) n. That which is located; a tract of land designated in place
Send a message via AIM to someone13
"BUY! TAKE! BREAK! THROW IT AWAY!, BUY! TAKE! BREAK! THROW IT AWAY!, THROW IT AWAY!, THROW IT AWAY!, THROW IT AWAY!" FIF - The End is Near

But the Bass down, one time, bass down, snap the neck now, drum-set smash it. Kick the kick drum, one time kick it, smash them, break them, Break UP!!!.........Put the Geetah, One time geetah, through the speaker, splintered, broken, throw the horns down, one time, horns down, smash them, break them break UP!!!"

FIF - See The Flames Begin to crawl
Unread 09-11-2004, 07:08 AM   #94
This Mortal Frame..

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Hunter
actually my comment wasnt refering to the weight of the guitar, but to the jagged edges you get when you smash wood. but i guess getting hit with something heavy would hurt really bad to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
It's indisputable, though, that it has absolutely nothing to do with either copulation or defecation.
Demon_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 07:58 AM   #95
Ba da ba ba ba

On the G3 Live in Denver dvd Yngwie does something really lame. At the end of his set, he messes around with some weird noises, then he hands his main guitar to his guitar tech. The tech then gives him some backup guitar and Yngwie proceeds to smash it. This just came off as the "Look at me!" shock value that ApparentlyNothing has been talking about.
-Kenny
Kenny C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 08:19 AM   #96
Is back!

Send a message via AIM to rock_guitar1990 Send a message via MSN to rock_guitar1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C.
On the G3 Live in Denver dvd Yngwie does something really lame. At the end of his set, he messes around with some weird noises, then he hands his main guitar to his guitar tech. The tech then gives him some backup guitar and Yngwie proceeds to smash it. This just came off as the "Look at me!" shock value that ApparentlyNothing has been talking about.
-Kenny
that is really lame.

Unread 09-11-2004, 12:10 PM   #97
does not look like this

Location: (lo-ka-shun) n. That which is located; a tract of land designated in place
I don't really see smashing it on stage. (Especially as someone has said before if you're in a christian band) You might break something I just smashed this peice of junk with no pick-ups or bridge or ANYTHING on it on the front porch for the fun of it. But now that I think about it I don't really see a point in it....

I was just kidding about being destructive, you'll find I fool around maybe a little to much.

Also this is as good a time as any to tell you I don't really care about your opinion about me wether it's good or bad. It doesn't really matter to me at all if you think I'm some stupid 13 yr old punk who picks his nose and goes around smashing things. I'll never see 99% of the people on this board until we all get taken anyway, and we'll all be perfect there.

(btw - I'm 15 not 13..)
Unread 09-11-2004, 10:04 PM   #98
Is back!

heres an example of someone smashing a cheap guitar...notice the expensive-looking guitars in the background...well i guess thats a bass...

here is the same guy plyaing an expensive guitar...i guess it just goes to show u that people do buy cheap guitars for the sole purpose of smashing them.

by the way i have no clue woh these people are...

Unread 09-12-2004, 01:14 PM   #99
does not look like this

i don't believe thats a bass. It has a vibrato cover on the back.
Unread 09-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #100
Is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone13
i don't believe thats a bass. It has a vibrato cover on the back.
not the guitar hes smashing, thats a strat, but the bass sitting in the background...

Unread 09-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #101
does not look like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_guitar1990
not the guitar hes smashing, thats a strat, but the bass sitting in the background...
oh, I see sorry!
Unread 09-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #102
Is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone13
oh, I see sorry!
its alright.

Unread 09-12-2004, 11:14 PM   #103
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
That looks more like a Samick to me, but my moniter isn't at it's best. And I know that is a bass in the pic but they do make basses with tremlos.
lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2004, 09:30 AM   #104
Dedicated

Send a message via MSN to Dream_Theater
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_guitar1990
heres an example of someone smashing a cheap guitar...notice the expensive-looking guitars in the background...well i guess thats a bass...

here is the same guy plyaing an expensive guitar...i guess it just goes to show u that people do buy cheap guitars for the sole purpose of smashing them.
Thats about where any respect, admiration and reverence I might have had for that guy went out the window.
" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual evil in high places " Ephesians 6:12 - King James

Dream_Theater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #105
I love the lil' tacos...

Send a message via AIM to stratguitarist Send a message via MSN to stratguitarist Send a message via Yahoo to stratguitarist
okay, if anyone threw a guitar at me while iw as in the crowd, i would sue them. [/QUOTE]

ya, that would hurt , but i was talking about like tossing it, not throwing it at someone, cause i mean, who's not gonna be watching you if your playing in a concert, its not like your gonna catch someone off guard, plus most likely your gonna be throwing it after like an awesome solo or something, so people will be paying attention to you.