Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Other CGR Stuff > CCM News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2004, 12:51 AM   #1

Newsboys, Rebecca St. James Announce Fall Adoration: The Tour

EMI CMG /Sparrow Records' internationally renowned band, newsboys, and acclaimed artist, Rebecca St. James, announce the fall extension of its critically acclaimed "Adoration: The Tour."

Featuring special guest Todd Agnew, the tour supports newsboys' RIAA certified Gold release and fastest selling album to date, Adoration: The Worship Album. The tour begins Nov. 4 in Fairfax, VA (Washington D.C.) and visits 16 key cities across the nation. Target, one of the country's leading retailers, has signed on to sponsor Adoration: The Tour, providing significant exposure on both a local and national level.

Selling out 29 of 34 markets during the spring, responses from numerous fans that have experienced the concerts nationwide is building anticipation for this fall's tour. From renewed commitments to church and family to overall life changes, here are just a few comments posted at www.newsboys.com by concert attendees:

Trish writes, "God was so powerful there. Especially, I felt [Him] when Peter spoke the Word. I know faith isn't always about feelings, but this was a time where God made His presence known in a mighty way."

"What was amazing was watching the kids," Kim says. "It occurred to me how awesome God is and how He knows how to touch the lives of young people today through powerful worship. Their generation is a generation of music lovers and I was overwhelmed by the joy I saw on the faces of so many of them."

Sarah adds, "I know that it was meant for me to be there that night… I have been struggling for a long time with faith, and letting go and letting God deal with things His way, in my marriage, in my relationships, and in my personal walk with the Lord, feeling lost and not knowing which way to turn. I can't explain what happened that night, but there was definitely a change inside!"

Prior to the launch of Adoration: The Tour, newsboys will release on Nov. 2 its highly anticipated studio album, devotion. The four-time GRAMMY nominated band has sold more than five million units, produced five Gold-certified albums and recorded 23 No. 1 radio hits. In addition to attracting national media attention at such outlets as Newsweek, ESPN II, USA Today, CNN and CBS Sunday Morning, newsboys was named by a CCM magazine fan poll as "Artist of the Year" this year and was honored with Christian Retailing's "Retailer's Choice Award" in July. For more information on newsboys and upcoming tour dates, visit www.newsboys.com.

Co-headlining the tour with newsboys is Grammy Award winning Rebecca St. James. Joining Adoration: The Tour in support of her highly applauded album, Live Worship: Blessed Be Your Name, she is additionally preparing for the Nov. 1 release of SHE (Tyndale), a book described as a "rubber meets the road guide" for life as a 21st century Christian woman. With records sales greater than 2.5 million and a career nine No. 1 Christian radio singles, St. James was named CCM Magazine's "2004 Favorite Female Artist" and garnered ChristianMusicToday's Reader's Choice Award for "Best Female Artist 2003." She has also been named as one of the top 50 evangelists under the age of 40 by Christianity Today, the most influential woman in Christian music by Crosswalk.com and has topped fan polls for Amazon.com, Campus Life, Release Magazine, KLOVE and AIR1, among others. St. James appearances this year include Fox News Magazine, Fox & Friends First and Hannity & Colmes, among others. For more information on Rebecca St. James, visit www.rsjames.com.

Signature voiced Todd Agnew joins newsboys' Adoration: The Tour after headlining World Vision's national "In the Name of Love Tour" earlier this fall. Released July, 2003 and with sales exceeding 100,000 units, Agnew's Grace Like Rain has generated two No. 1 Christian CHR radio hits, "This Fragile Breath (The Thunder Song)" and its title cut. Moreover, Agnew this year garnered four Gospel Music Award (Dove) nominations, including "New Artist of the Year," was recently named Worship Leader Magazine's "Breakthrough Artist of the Year" and was a runner-up in Campus Life Magazine's reader poll for "New Artist of the Year." For more information on Todd Agnew, visit www.gracelikerain.com and www.ardentrecords.com.

Brentwood, Tennessee-based EMI CMG Label Group is comprised of the Forefront, Sparrow and worshiptogether labels and is a division of the EMI Christian Music Group. EMI Christian Music Group is the world's largest Christian music organization and includes EMI CMG Distribution and EMI CMG Publishing in addition to EMI CMG Label Group. It is part of EMI Group, the world's largest independent music company whose other U.S. labels include Angel, Astralwerks, Blue Note, Capitol, Capitol Nashville, EMI Latin, Narada and Virgin Records.

For more information on the Newsboys, click here.

Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links