Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Other CGR Stuff > CCM News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #1

Third Day/Steven Curtis Chapman/MercyMe Perform "I See Love" From The Passion: Songs

Award-winning and multi-million selling artists, Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman and MercyMe recently collaborated on "I See Love," the first track on The Passion of the Christ: Songs released on Lost Keyword Records and in partnership with Provident Label Group for marketing to Christian retail. The three artists will perform the song Thursday, Sept. 2 on NBC's Tonight Show
with Jay Leno.

Artists inspired by Mel Gibson's epic film The Passion of the Christ have banded together for The Passion of the Christ: Songs. The album features newly recorded original songs sparked by the experience of seeing the film, and features the diverse lineup which includes tracks by former Creed singer Scott Stapp; Lauryn Hill; P.O.D.; Kirk Franklin featuring Yolanda Adams; Brad Paisley & Sara Evans; Third Day/Steven Curtis Chapman/Mercy Me; MxPx featuring Mark Hoppus; Charlotte Church and others.

The collection will also serve as the inaugural release for Lost Keyword Records, an imprint which will be marketed and promoted by Wind-up Records. Provident will handle marketing and distribution in the CBA marketplace and BMG through the secular market. The album will be released on August 31st, the same day the film's much anticipated DVD arrives at retail.

For further information on Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman or MercyMe, please visit their respective websites: www.ThirdDay.com, www.StevenCurtisChapman.com, www.MercyMe.org. Additional information can also be found at: www.PassionSongs.com.

The Passion of the Christ: Songs features twelve newly recorded original songs. In running order they are:

Third Day/Steven Curtis Chapman/Mercy Me "I See Love"
Scott Stapp "Relearn Love"
P.O.D. "Truly Amazing"
Brad Paisley and Sara Evans "New Again"
Big Dismal "Rainy Day"
Lauryn Hill "The Passion"
Kirk Franklin (Featuring Yolanda Adams) "How Many Lashes"
MxPx (Featuring Mark Hoppus) "The Empire"
Charlotte Church "Finding My Own Way"
BeBe Winans and Angie Stone "Miracle of Love"
Dan Lavery "To Give Love"
Big Dismal "Reason I Live"