Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-31-2004, 12:30 PM   #16
AM Radio Music Listening

Send a message via AIM to Unicorn Mustang
Sadly the 6128's the only one waning into my price range (unless one of the other ones you mentioned goes below that price, b/c I haven't looked into all those models). ....and (idiot question, prepare) what's a mud switch?

Would you Fender benders say that the SRV Sig. is designed to be played slower, while the '62 allows for faster playing (well...at least makes playing faster easier, certainly you can shred on both....maybe...)

Cheers!

Unicorn Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-31-2004, 12:45 PM   #17
hope is the bravest thing

Send a message via AIM to aiwahead Send a message via Yahoo to aiwahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Mustang
Sadly the 6128's the only one waning into my price range (unless one of the other ones you mentioned goes below that price, b/c I haven't looked into all those models). ....and (idiot question, prepare) what's a mud switch?
Cheers!
Im honestly not sure the differentiations between price in the different models, but a quick froogle search gave me a price between a couple of the models between 1700 and 2200. I belive the Fancy 6128 special edition is 2500.

The elliot easton model, however, is 2300, and if you ask me, its the best buy.

A mud switch is a tone switch.. Called a mud switch because the default position gives essentially a tone knob normalized (no effect on the pickups), the upper setting is a 'deeper' sound, as a knob backed off all the way, and the lower setting being a 'shallow' sound leant more to treble.

Also, check ebay if you're willing to do so.. Its a bit of a stretch though with such an expensive guit. But you can find a few used Duo jets usually, and even an EE model once in a while (And even a white penguin once in a blue moon selling for the price of a new duo jet). Carefull of anything from the 70s and early 80s though, baldwin era gretsches are notoriously horrid. Pre fender are much better, but the creme de la creme of moderns [your price range ] has to be post-FMIC take over, the quality control skyrocketed when Fender took over.
Unread 08-31-2004, 01:46 PM   #18
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Mustang
Would you Fender benders say that the SRV Sig. is designed to be played slower, while the '62 allows for faster playing (well...at least makes playing faster easier, certainly you can shred on both....maybe...)

Cheers!
Radius doesn't necessarily equate to speed. It is more of a preference and comfort issue. I prefer the flatter radius myself (larger radius number), but that's just me. Also, the SRV uses Texas Specials which are hotter than the Vintage. Since they are two different types of Strats, it becomes a matter of preference.
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote