Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Interchangable pickups... Cool...

Check out Murcurio Guitars. They have this crazy interchagable pickup system.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...o-Guitars.html

http://www.mercurioguitars.com

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
I ♥ her

Send a message via AIM to texandawg1288
very nice guitars, you can get alot of different sounds with that

MYSPACE

I'm not American; I'm Texan
My blog is open again.

texandawg1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

i saw that the other day on hc. the idea has been around for a while but i don't remember anyone taking it to this level before. it's a good idea i think (although not for me). i wonder how quick changes can take place though, and how practical it is. maybe good for studio but not for stage. i dunno. also, it sure uglifies the back of the guitar.
Unread 08-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #4
I'm on a horse.

Well, it's not really like the backs of most guitars are that pretty anyways. I also think that this system was meant for the stage, to have pickup changes done as quickly and easily as possible, without having another guitar. I don't think it'd be something that I'd be going for, but it's still a good idea.

Unread 08-26-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
distance is not doable

Send a message via AIM to Casey
On Ugliness: What do you do when you don't want to use one of the pickup slots(holes?)? It would seem you're left with a gaping hole in the face of your guitar. Otherwise - enlighten me

Case
Unread 08-26-2004, 03:29 PM   #6
This Mortal Frame..

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Hunter
i think its a sweet lookin guitar. besides, this seems like it would save money on instalation for those who cant change them on their own.

how much does that sucker cost tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
It's indisputable, though, that it has absolutely nothing to do with either copulation or defecation.
Demon_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2004, 04:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_hunter
i think its a sweet lookin guitar. besides, this seems like it would save money on instalation for those who cant change them on their own.

how much does that sucker cost tho?
As far as saving money for those who can't change one, I guess you would have to see what they want for one of their "modules" .
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2004, 06:37 PM   #8
This Mortal Frame..

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Hunter
real super expensive huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
It's indisputable, though, that it has absolutely nothing to do with either copulation or defecation.
Demon_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #9
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainer123
Well, it's not really like the backs of most guitars are that pretty anyways. I also think that this system was meant for the stage, to have pickup changes done as quickly and easily as possible, without having another guitar. I don't think it'd be something that I'd be going for, but it's still a good idea.
ah man, lots and lots of guitars have pretty backs, but of course not all of them...i'm not convinced you could change the pickups as quick as you could change guitars (although i didn't see them make that claim). you'd probably have to take the guitar off to put in the pickup, put it in, then put it back on.
so i don't think using this guitar would have any advantages there. the only advantage could be bringing fewer guitars with you. but then again, different guitars sound different. so even with changing pickups you're not going to get the tonal properties of another wood, nut, neck material, etc. only the qualities of the changed pickup.
Unread 08-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #10
I'm on a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg7
ah man, lots and lots of guitars have pretty backs, but of course not all of them...i'm not convinced you could change the pickups as quick as you could change guitars (although i didn't see them make that claim). you'd probably have to take the guitar off to put in the pickup, put it in, then put it back on.
so i don't think using this guitar would have any advantages there. the only advantage could be bringing fewer guitars with you. but then again, different guitars sound different. so even with changing pickups you're not going to get the tonal properties of another wood, nut, neck material, etc. only the qualities of the changed pickup.
I don't think you necessarily have to take the guitar off as much as you can flip it on the back while still wearing it, and stick in a new pickup. And I agree with you fully about how it doesn't change the tonal properties of the guitar, but rather, the voicing, but still, that can have a dramatic effect on the tone. The downside I see to the system is the cost. The guitar is expensive, and the pickups are going to be very expensive, too.

Unread 08-27-2004, 01:17 PM   #11
Servant

Wouldn't it be easier, not to mention cooler, to play different guitars on every song if need be instead of playing guitar tech between songs? Maybe I'm just geting old.
Unread 08-27-2004, 11:22 PM   #12
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
I would just stick with EMG's switching system if I used them. EMG should also invent a quick change pickup ring.
lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote