Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-09-2004, 02:59 PM   #16
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul59
If I'm not mistaken Ed Roman Guitars have replacement necks for the Ibanez RG's. He's not the greatist guy to deal with but he does have a lot of good stuff.

you can get aftermarket... ...but what I encountered 3 times was "replacements" with either the wrong scale length, or the wrong width at the body junction, and there is no way to get a factory replacement. (not even by trade)

My Life.
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-11-2004, 08:29 PM   #17
used to like punk a lot.

OLP Axis (cheaper version of the music man)

$150-$250 (i think)

Pros: decent tone, simple controls, thin neck (comfortable to play), lightweight, cheap
Cons: the wammy bar can sometimes be a pain for beginners, but i had one on my first guitar, and it worked out alright.

the guitar has a bolt on neck (i consider this a con but it's really personal preferance i guess), two humbuckers (again, personal preference)

i dont really know a whole lot about these guitars, but i helped my friend pick out a first guitar. we found one of these, and i was really impressed with the quality you get for the really low price. right now i play a gibson les paul, but i would even consider buying one of these as a back up guitar and possibly upgrading it at some point. you get a lot more than you pay for.

Unread 09-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #18
Dedicated

Send a message via MSN to Dream_Theater
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRocker
OLP Axis (cheaper version of the music man)

$150-$250 (i think)

Pros: decent tone, simple controls, thin neck (comfortable to play), lightweight, cheap
Cons: the wammy bar can sometimes be a pain for beginners, but i had one on my first guitar, and it worked out alright.

the guitar has a bolt on neck (i consider this a con but it's really personal preferance i guess), two humbuckers (again, personal preference)

i dont really know a whole lot about these guitars, but i helped my friend pick out a first guitar. we found one of these, and i was really impressed with the quality you get for the really low price. right now i play a gibson les paul, but i would even consider buying one of these as a back up guitar and possibly upgrading it at some point. you get a lot more than you pay for.
+1 the OLP ( bc rich ) are great value ... and on the subject of evil ed check out it his cool modified OLP for $650
  • "We install an original hardened steel Floyd Rose Tremolo. That's actually much better than the original Ernie Ball Gotoh model.
  • We install a pair of Seymour Duncan Black Back pickups which also decimate the stock Dimarzios still in use at the Ernie Ball factory.
  • We file the frets and sand the neck ever so slightly, but it offers a vast improvement over the stock OLP guitar.
  • And finally we remove the inexpensive plastic nut. Then we install a hardened Floyd Rose locking nut that keeps this guitar in great tune. This hardened nut is also a better piece of merchandise than Ernie Ball uses on his original Axis Model. "
" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual evil in high places " Ephesians 6:12 - King James

Unread 09-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #19
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Try as much as you can not to account personal preference. For example, a thin necks are just personal preference, bolt-on vs. set vs. neck thru, single coil vs. humbucker, trem vs. no trem, are all personal preference.

Unread 09-12-2004, 11:10 PM   #20
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
Dean: EVO XM $100(online) $150(local shop)
Pros: Good price, solid body, plays good, good fretwork(on the one I played)
Cons: satin finsh(neck and body),
I really can't think of any thing else bad on the guitar that isn't a personal pref, like it's light, Dean electronics ans things like that.
Unread 09-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #21

I have a really high price range now, I was wondering, I know you suggested it, but I just want to make sure if its a really good guitar, I am looking for the best guitar, under $700-$800 dollars, this ine os $499 on musiciansfriend.com.

Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition -- $499

I didn't post a link, cause they never work.
Unread 09-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #22
used to like punk a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender101
I have a really high price range now, I was wondering, I know you suggested it, but I just want to make sure if its a really good guitar, I am looking for the best guitar, under $700-$800 dollars, this ine os $499 on musiciansfriend.com.

Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition -- $499

I didn't post a link, cause they never work.
if you're gonna be spending that much on a guitar, dont take somebody's advice for what you should get, unless they're talking about reliability. as far as sound and playability goes, you should make your own decision so you're not dissappointed. go to a music store and play some guitars and see what you like.

Unread 09-20-2004, 11:00 PM   #23

Quote:
if you're gonna be spending that much on a guitar, dont take somebody's advice . . . you should make your own decision so you're not dissappointed. go to a music store and play some guitars and see what you like.
wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:07 AM   #24
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
If the Schecter listed above is the same one I'm thinking about is a Musician's Friend limited edition. So you can't go and play that one, but it's it not the one I'm thinking about then playing it would help you with seeing if you like the guitar.
Unread 09-21-2004, 08:36 PM   #25
used to like punk a lot.

well if you really want the limited edition one, play some similar shecters to at least get a feel for them first.

Unread 09-21-2004, 09:47 PM   #26
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
if you're gonna be spending that much on a guitar, dont take somebody's advice for what you should get, unless they're talking about reliability. as far as sound and playability goes, you should make your own decision so you're not dissappointed. go to a music store and play some guitars and see what you like.
If you're gonna be spending that much money on a guitar, you'd better be listening to what peple are telling you. For a beginner, they'll probably have no idea what to look for in a guitar, except some vague idea of what they want their guitar to look like. Now, if a beginner goes to a music store, tries out a bunch of guitars, and gets the one that they think is gonna satisfy them, but they, in all actuality, had no idea of what to look for in a guitar in terms of what kinda sound they're really going for, they're prolly gonna get disappointed.

A beginner should ask people their advice, and try to find an experienced player what they think would be the best guitar suited to them. The experienced guy, in all likelihood, won't attempt to mislead the person into getting a guitar that they wouldn't want. A beginner should probably ask 2 or more experienced players (experienced) their opinion. Especially if they're spending a lot. If they go out by themselves, what's gonna stop them from getting a guitar that just looks good. To them it'll sound like all the other guitars in the store, and they won't know much about playability because they can't play very well. They might just naively purchase a Fender Strat, when really, they'd be best off with an SG.

Unread 09-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #27
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat
wait for it . . . wait for it . . .
^^ there it went

------------------------------
My new and improved blog! Go there.... now.
Unread 09-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #28
used to like punk a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
If you're gonna be spending that much money on a guitar, you'd better be listening to what peple are telling you. For a beginner, they'll probably have no idea what to look for in a guitar, except some vague idea of what they want their guitar to look like. Now, if a beginner goes to a music store, tries out a bunch of guitars, and gets the one that they think is gonna satisfy them, but they, in all actuality, had no idea of what to look for in a guitar in terms of what kinda sound they're really going for, they're prolly gonna get disappointed.

A beginner should ask people their advice, and try to find an experienced player what they think would be the best guitar suited to them. The experienced guy, in all likelihood, won't attempt to mislead the person into getting a guitar that they wouldn't want. A beginner should probably ask 2 or more experienced players (experienced) their opinion. Especially if they're spending a lot. If they go out by themselves, what's gonna stop them from getting a guitar that just looks good. To them it'll sound like all the other guitars in the store, and they won't know much about playability because they can't play very well. They might just naively purchase a Fender Strat, when really, they'd be best off with an SG.
true, i can see your point. but i'm also assuming that someone new to the guitar isn't going to fork out 800 bucks on one.

Unread 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #29

If you are a beginner, get the guitar in my sig, (a Paul Stanley Sovereign Special Electric Guitar) Its an awsome guitar, and only $160 on musiciansfriend.com!

Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special Electric Guitar

Last edited by __Silvertone__; 09-22-2004 at 01:36 PM. Reason: I had to tell the truth about the coolest guitar ever!
Unread 09-27-2004, 07:34 AM   #30
Plays Guitar

Send a message via Skype™ to Jjesus Freak
Ahh! silvertone! hahaha. Those are a joke. And that guitar is so fragile they usually come with the ends chiped of because of shipping. Buy something better. Like a epiphone.

I'm going out to play, call it whatever you want.

"Man will never reach the moon regardless of all future scientific advances." -- Dr. Lee DeForest, Inventor of TV
Closed Thread