Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > E
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.04%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 1 2.04%
8 7 14.29%
9 14 28.57%
10 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:58 PM   #1

Emery - The Weaks End

Tracks
1. Walls
2. The Ponytail Parades
3. Disguising Mistakes with Goodbyes
4. By All Accounts (Today was a Disaster)
5. Fractions
6. The Note From Which a Chord is Built
7. Bloodless
8. Under Serious Attack
9. As Your Voice Fades
10. The Secret

For more on Emery, click here.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-25-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Johnny Ashes

Send a message via AIM to JohnnyAshes
Thumbs up Emery = Amazing

I heard walls on the new tooth and nail comp. it wasn't something that would normally catch my ear, sometimes a taste of metal stylings in the guitar, heavy hardcore screaming form what seemed to be every band member. Something about it made me have to buy their album, I love it. My favorite band ever. I saw them live in Detroit with mewithoutyou Anberlin and Watashi Wa and their message made me love them even more. Not scared to speak their minds and their fath Emery was by far the band of the night. My favorite band, but that's my oppinion.
JohnnyAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 04:15 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Flext Send a message via MSN to Flext
i first heard walls on the Nail Vol. 1 cd. i'm usualy not into screamo music but for some reason i really like the song. so i bought the cd and was completly blown away. Every song was poetic and musical, both instrumental and vocal. their style is hard to explain. it is poetic and emotional but it contails hard rock and screaming. they are a truly unique band and i believe they will go far. i would recomend this CD to everyone.
Flext is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 11:52 AM   #4
....emochild here

Send a message via AIM to renegadedesign
Talking Emo At Its Best

Being the big Thursday fan I am, when I heard someone saying how much Emery sounded like Thursday, I knew I had to get the album. It is amazing! I love this album and I have to say they've become one of my top 3 favorite bands overnight. Anyone can enjoy this album, but I would especially recommend it to Thursday fans.
renegadedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2004, 07:54 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to scrufidog Send a message via MSN to scrufidog Send a message via Yahoo to scrufidog
Emotional music being my favorite genre, but never finding a Christian band that actually captured it, I gave up searching. Then one day I see a band on SteelRoots TV, a band called Emery, the video for "Walls". My first thought is, wow, yet another screamo band, but I keep watching because I'm waiting for the #1 on the countdown. As I listen, I find the best Emo band ever. It took me forever to find the cd, but now I've got it and it's the best. It's also opened my ears to the screaming sounds of Underoath and Dead Poetic, while also reminding me of the emotions of Further Seems Forever and a new band, Number One Gun. Check out those bands if you like Emery!
scrufidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #6
ROHRgurl05

yeah I agree w/you they r awesome!!! I like Dead Poetic n UnderOATH also. they all are hardcore!!! Another good band is the Good Guys or History of Our Presence. There not that big of bands but there good christian screamo music. go Texas!!!
Unread 10-10-2004, 08:17 PM   #7

Rick James music

I first heard emery on the tooth and nail comp...it was walls..I was hooked. The music is extremely emotional and they are great muscians. Their music is lyrical guinues. If you like this you'll love Subseven..check em out...and keep postin tabs for emery.i started one so keepem comin..I love everyone...clew
clew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
RK rocks!

Send a message via AIM to sk8boarder37198 Send a message via MSN to sk8boarder37198
sweet band but i think that they need to fire their keyboardest. The band is too big and he dose nothing at all. with just walls was the only track I would buy this CD. 8/10
Unread 12-04-2004, 08:15 AM   #9
What?

Send a message via AIM to G.E. Thorpe Send a message via MSN to G.E. Thorpe
Love this band I listen to thier cd all the time. This is emo going pretty good!

UM IS THIS THING ON? OH YEAH my name is :
GEGEGE

This thing below (if you click on it) will take you to where you can listen to my msuic if you wish.
CPF ROCKS...
IS my favorite SMILEY
G.E. Thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2004, 02:28 PM   #10

Emery Rocks!

Yeah, this cd is awesome. They're pretty unique and appeal to people w/a variety of tastes. I like their harder stuff as well as the more melodic, like "Fractions." I can't wait until they record another album. I have some of their old stuff and some of it is even better than what made the album.

I also like Thursday-good to see some others dign them here as well.
dumpysinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:42 PM   #11
nerd.

good stuff. i agree with all said above and highly recommend the record. 'fractions' is my favorite song. the lyrics are good, the instruments sound superb, and as always, the vocals are excellent.

"let the walls have their say"

"it's good to see you. i missed you last night. that's such a lovely color. it goes with your eyes. before we fall asleep i just wanted to say, this all seems so easy, but there are choices to make"

9/10
whatchamacallme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #12
knows so little

got this cd for christmas and i must say its most excellent. emery and underoath became my favorite bands overnight. they're awesome. this cd is excellent. i'd say the vocals are the best part of this band, but the guitars sound so darn good that i cant decide which is better. get the album!

"Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the lesson that we should learn.... If at first you dont succeed... blame your parents." - Yakko
Shaneathin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #13
happens.

I love Emery, so awesome..
-[R]-ChurchPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #14

i love emery!and their live show was awsome.my favorite song is ponytail parades.they're so funny.
Unread 02-14-2005, 11:51 PM   #15
emerysmyname

Emery is cool

wow! Emery rocks and its my middle name no lies. i love there album if you dont got it, get it, its good. well my favorite song is got to be either fractions or as your voice fades. as a person who knows musical instruments cause i play one Emerys music is unbelievable. whoever says christian music cant be good should listen to this band. late.