Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > E
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.04%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 1 2.04%
8 7 14.29%
9 14 28.57%
10 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:23 PM   #16
is back in black

this cd is filled with emotional singing,screaming.and great guitar rifts.awsome band.one of the best cds i heard last year.

I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Inked in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #17
I need a bigger car!

Honestly, I just don't like these guys. My cousin told me to check them out since I'm into Blindside's new sound, so I expected to hear something similar. These guys sound nothing like Blindside and I like Blindside so much more. I guess it's just the screaming on this CD that did it for me. It annoys me so much. So, if someone tells you to check these guys out because they sound like Blindside's newer stuff, don't believe 'em!
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #18
Panic! Your Goin' To Hell

Pretty good cd overall. Its got some pretty cool riffs. Walls and The Pony Tail Parade are the best.

7/10

unbelief NEVER has enough proof
underOATHrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2005, 04:33 AM   #19
is back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by underOATHrcks
Walls and The Pony Tail Parade are the best.7/10
as your voice fades is the best song.imo
I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Inked in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #20
NiceGuyPose

Thumbs up

Emery is possibly the best band out there... I am a regular boardie on thier website... I love "The Note from Which a Chord Is Built" and many others... Their new album is going to be if not better but at least as good... I love these Guys they just fit my style perfectly!!! Emotional is a complete understatement!!! They are vivid and so dynamic I love
Unread 07-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #21

emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyPose
Emery is possibly the best band out there... I am a regular boardie on thier website... I love "The Note from Which a Chord Is Built" and many others... Their new album is going to be if not better but at least as good... I love these Guys they just fit my style perfectly!!! Emotional is a complete understatement!!! They are vivid and so dynamic I love

what is emery like? what is your style of music? i like christain rock and emo/ screamo but do you know o fany bands that are that style but christian?peace to you
melereniles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked in Blood
this cd is filled with emotional singing,screaming.and great guitar rifts.awsome band.one of the best cds i heard last year.
sound s like a good band i like screamo and emo i keeo it in mind
melereniles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #23
I need a bigger car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melereniles
what is emery like? what is your style of music? i like christain rock and emo/ screamo but do you know o fany bands that are that style but christian?peace to you

If I were you, I would go to the Christian Music forum and search for those kind of bands. This isn't really the place to ask those questions.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 02:40 AM   #24

this guys are cool, cooler than Thursday i guess (no offense) this guys got JC man.....
pedro santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #25
sk8lifer

Send a message via AIM to underoath24 Send a message via MSN to underoath24 Send a message via Yahoo to underoath24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyAshes View Post
I heard walls on the new tooth and nail comp. it wasn't something that would normally catch my ear, sometimes a taste of metal stylings in the guitar, heavy hardcore screaming form what seemed to be every band member. Something about it made me have to buy their album, I love it. My favorite band ever. I saw them live in Detroit with mewithoutyou Anberlin and Watashi Wa and their message made me love them even more. Not scared to speak their minds and their fath Emery was by far the band of the night. My favorite band, but that's my oppinion.
Dude. Yeah. AMazing stuff. everything. Toby Morrell and Devin Shelton sound BEYOND amazing together.
lets name a few, shall we?:kids in the way, eleventyseven, nevertheless, flatffot 56, until june, mortal treason, staple, subseven,chasing victory, gasoline heart,house of heroes, last tuesday, the showdown, the almost, maylene and the sons of disaster, relient k, falling for yesterday, michigan wednesday, edison glass, anberlin, the classic crime, dead poetic, discover america, EMERY, farless, FM static, the fold, further seems forever, hawk nelson, jonzetta, the lonely hearts, mae, mewithoutYou, number one gun, project 86, run kid run, showbread, sullivan, UNDEROATH, as cities burn, august burns red, becoming the archtype, destroy the runner, haste the day, inhale exhale, norma jean, the chariot, twelve gauge valentine, extol. mxpx. hundred year storm, the devil wears prada, forever changed, american generals, schmunks for you, common heroes, Falling for Yesterday, My Band "Hung by the Stars" anyone on tooth and nail, solidstate and others, pensive, the paradox! yay!
underoath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #26

They sound incredible. Toby on leads devon on backing, its great.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly View Post
If I were you, I would go to the Christian Music forum and search for those kind of bands. This isn't really the place to ask those questions.
Or just look at Underoath24's sig.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #28

Wow such a good album. Nice to hear something fresh every now and then. I gave it a 9.
guitarwannabe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #29
AKA FHmetalguitarist

10, I could listen to this CD over and over and over.

Check Out My Band
Guitars
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Jackson JS-20
Amp
Line 6 Spider 111 150HD
Pedals
Digitech Metal Master
Stain of Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #30
the hardcore nerd

This is a great CD! This is probably their most melodic CD, but they have enough chaotic parts to make it a classic emery blend of melody/chaos. My favorite songs are "Walls", "By All Accounts", and "Fractions".

10/10
Mr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote