Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #121
Jc
Has a new view on life

Send a message via AIM to Jc
My Sweetie and I have discussed kids. We decided that once we're married we'll have 3 kids. We've even started picking names just because it's fun.

Unread 07-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #122

Send a message via AIM to thomaspg70
I want 2 kids.
thomaspg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #123
The Dutchman

Send a message via AIM to SageMenno
My brother has stated on numerous occasions that he WILL NOT have any children, and Dad always calls him selfish. I dunno what to think about that.

I personally would love to have kids. I really don't know how many I will have. Perhaps as many as I can adequately provide for.
SageMenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #124

I am totally astounded!

good luck to all of you.

Jack120.
Yeah, you are correct, of course kids are a way for your legacy to be passed on, without them. it just ends, right. so what?

Its just the responsibilty of having kids that makes me feel sick, having to give them attention all the time, not to mention the money!

Tell me, you have a kid, 6 months old, and you wanna go down the pub, or out with the lads, you cant just leave it, right?

also, if you are out down the pub or away somewhere, or at work, and the kid becomes really ill back home, you would feel obliged to return to be with it, right?

Well, I wouldnt return, not at if at work, so, me having a kid would be selfish.

having a plant is too much responsibility for me.

I know 10 things from the few men I know who have had kids have.

1. they are never down the pub.
2. they cant afford to do the things they used to
3. they are constantly worried when the kid is not well
4. their hair becomes greyer and less
5. they get no proper sleep
6. they cant go out with the lads because the missus has gone out, and they have to look after it.
7. anytime they do ANYTHING they have to arrange a baby sitter
8. they go on holidays which suit the kid, not themselves
9. they are tired all the time
10. they just aint one o the lads anymore.

People who say " I dont know what we used to do in our lives before we had kids" are people who had no life to start off with.

I am now off down the pub for a pint, and I think I will book meself a holiday while I am out, I have no worries or cares in the world, and happy.
I will come home when I wish, and when I get home, I will have no screaming kid shouting Daddy Daddy(which makes me feel like vomiting) and wanting attention, I will switch on the TV and watch the football, heaven.
floomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #125
Dragon of Spirit

floomy, you seriously have to be one of the most selfish, juvenile, immature people I've ever seen, met or read a message from. And that's saying something because I work with children of all ages. (Including Jr. High school boys).

I'm 24 years old, married and currently am raising my 12 year old brother-in-law with my wife. Sure, it can be trying at times, but I wouldn't pass it up for anything. I can't wait until my wife and I get to have a child of our own. The inconveniences you listed (and obviously that's all your self-seeking mind seems to understand) are more than outweighed by the joy that child will bring to you. Just working with kids has brought so much joy to my life, I can't wait to have my own with my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floomy
My parents told me, enjoy your life first, then when you are older, have kids, BUT why not just enjoy ALL of my life! even when I am older!

Men shouldnt give in to women talking about their biological clock ticking, dont be sucked in, stand up for yourselves say NO WAY, and enjoy your life.
You were obviously fed a barrel of snake-oil when you were younger. I suggest you not peddle it here.
Possible side effects of Chris' presence may include but are not limited to: dry skin, irritability, excessive hair growth, excessive hair loss, death, rash, water retention, nausea, dizziness, de-evolutionary process, general malaise, gingivitis, migraines, demonic possession, giddiness, bad spellllling, levitation, and being unable to have a membership with CGR. Be sure not to operate any heavy machinery for at least 4 hours after visiting CGR while Chris has been present.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 02:03 AM   #126
Not Kosher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floomy View Post
I am totally astounded!

good luck to all of you.

Jack120.
Yeah, you are correct, of course kids are a way for your legacy to be passed on, without them. it just ends, right. so what?

Its just the responsibilty of having kids that makes me feel sick, having to give them attention all the time, not to mention the money!

Tell me, you have a kid, 6 months old, and you wanna go down the pub, or out with the lads, you cant just leave it, right?

also, if you are out down the pub or away somewhere, or at work, and the kid becomes really ill back home, you would feel obliged to return to be with it, right?

Well, I wouldnt return, not at if at work, so, me having a kid would be selfish.

6. they cant go out with the lads because the missus has gone out, and they have to look after it.

People who say " I dont know what we used to do in our lives before we had kids" are people who had no life to start off with.

I am now off down the pub for a pint, and I think I will book meself a holiday while I am out, I have no worries or cares in the world, and happy.
I will come home when I wish, and when I get home, I will have no screaming kid shouting Daddy Daddy(which makes me feel like vomiting) and wanting attention, I will switch on the TV and watch the football, heaven.
Thank God you're not reproducing.
tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #127
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Wow, seems quite a lot of you do want kids, mostly women I guess.
Best of luck to you all.

I have worked most of my life and now want to spend my money on ME! not on a kid/s. Sure you can understand this?
infact, I wouldnt have kids even if I was paid.
If I heard a girlfriend of mine was pregnant, I would be devastated.
If heard I was infertile I would be the happiest man on earth, really.

I am sure most men would agree with me, come on, be honest.

My parents told me, enjoy your life first, then when you are older, have kids, BUT why not just enjoy ALL of my life! even when I am older!

I am not against people who have/want kids. if thats what you want, fine, I just cant think of ANY reasons to have them, and 1000 not to!

Men shouldnt give in to women talking about their biological clock ticking, dont be sucked in, stand up for yourselves say NO WAY, and enjoy your life.
I am sure that most men wouldn't agree with you. I know men who have reached the later part of their lives living just the way you describe and they are overcome by a feeling of emptiness that they can't explain.

I agree that not everyone should have children....based only on the attitude you have displayed here....you are definitely one of them. I enjoy my life to the FULLEST and I have three children. Don't assume life ends at marriage and parenthood. I would suggest that it doesn't even begin until then.

I agree....there are thousands of reasons not to have kids....and most of them are selfish.

I don't look down on people who choose to childless....don't make it sound like those of us who do live a less than desirable life. It's just not true.

Hebrews 12:14-15 (NLT)
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #128
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
I am totally astounded!

good luck to all of you.

Jack120.

No....I'm the one who is astounded. Why would anyone want to live the life you just described?

I've got news for you....the hair thing will happen to you even if you spend all your time in the pub with your lads. Get used to it.

I guess it's a good thing your father didn't hold the same views you do....eh?

Unread 07-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #129

Quote:
I am totally astounded!

good luck to all of you.

Jack120.

Its fine not to want kids, but the way you put it is terrible.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Last edited by Leboman; 07-04-2006 at 10:27 AM.
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #130
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Okay....we don't need to resort to personal attacks. I think this thread may have served its purpose.

clopsed

Unread 07-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #131
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Tell you what....here is a pardon....for the moment. Let's keep this discussion civil. It wasn't any one post that bothered me....the tone of the thread was taking a nasty turn.

I'll keep my eye on it.

Let's all play nice.

Unread 07-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #132

, wow that skips out the whole bunch of "stuff" i said.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #133
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlessdog View Post
, wow that skips out the whole bunch of "stuff" i said.
What can I say?

Unread 07-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #134

Sorry Everyone
My thread was never meant to upset anyone.
My best friend has two kids, I have none, and never will, thank God!. but I am closer to my friend than anyone, because we are both doing exactly as we wish, only problem is, I dont understand why he has kids, and he doesnt understand why I dont have kids!
But we are both very similar! mad eh!?

if you want kids, go for it
I would never entertain them, BUT thats me, so I am really the same as you lot reading this, I guess?
you want them, you have them, I dont want them, I dont want them!
same!

sorry if I upset anyone, doing as you wish is the best and most healthy thing, and most punk thing.

Hope you all understand?
floomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #135
intentionally left blank.

Send a message via AIM to hapa_angel Send a message via MSN to hapa_angel Send a message via Yahoo to hapa_angel
Quote:

What's with the fascination with the pub? I completely don't understand this. Do you never hang out with your family or friends in your place or theirs?

American Football is indeed heaven. But I can watch that at home, with my fiance, and when we have kids we will teach them all about the game so they can share in it, too. I don't see the need to be at a pub all the time. That doesn't sound like a very fulfilling life to me, kids or no.

(And before I get lambasted as being anti-drink, I don't mind alcohol one bit. Art and I have some vodka in the fridge right now.)

Quote:
Sorry Everyone
My thread was never meant to upset anyone.
My best friend has two kids, I have none, and never will, thank God!.
Thank God indeed, as Julia (tropicana) put it.

Quote:
if you want kids, go for it
I would never entertain them, BUT thats me, so I am really the same as you lot reading this, I guess?
you want them, you have them, I dont want them, I dont want them!
same!

sorry if I upset anyone, doing as you wish is the best and most healthy thing, and most punk thing.
Actually, doing as God wills is better and healthier by far. He knows us better than we know ourselves, and to follow our own desires in complete contrast to His will is to say that we are better than Him. No, not everyone should get married and have kids. However, living selfishly is not the most productive use of our lives.
where every step i took in faith betrayed me
and led me from my home
Oh yeah, I had an account on imood.com
hapa_angel is offline   Reply With Quote