Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #166
needs a new avatar

Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic
are you trying to get the thread closed?!?!?!

request for mods: instead of closing, can posts of direct attack just be deleted?

Check out my.....

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #167
needs a new avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACk120 View Post
That's not selfish floomy, for some people (my wife and I in particular) that is the reality. Kids do help make life interesting.

the voice of one who knows

As for getting married at 19, not crazy if you're ready. I got married at 20, and I have been married 22 years. Was I young, Yes. Was I crazy (well I am crazy, but...), No, because I was ready.

Symbiotic, congratulations and enjoy the ride
i'm sure it will be one heck of a ride....i've been with this girl for 4 years, and we've been through as much(if not more) as some married couple i think....there has been a lot of pressure and stress put oin us that helped us mature to the point we are at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by floomy
SYMBIOTIC: you call me crazy? you are getting wed at 19!?
and you want kids to keep your life from being boring, now if thats not selfish, what is?
you have no idea how many times i've heard peoiple say i'm crazy....it doesn't even phase me anymore(well, it never really did)

Check out my.....

Unread 07-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #168
exo
A Provocative Title

Send a message via AIM to exo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
are you trying to get the thread closed?!?!?!

request for mods: instead of closing, can posts of direct attack just be deleted?
No, I'm not. I'm trying to expose a troll. I don't take this poster seriously for one second. Way too over-the-top.

And if he/she is for real, then we can be on our way and ignore them anyway. Enough has been said to him/her already.

"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the rock eternal." Isaiah 26:4

Jesus is my Guild Leader.
exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #169
]-(*(+|=<>!<>=|+)*)-[

Quote:
James 11,
very interesting reading, and I really wish you the best.
Which James 11? There are five of them.

From the NASB Version
1:11
For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.
2:11
For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
3:11
Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?
4:11
Do not speak against one another, brethren He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.
5:11
We count those blessed who endured You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
Unread 07-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #170

Send a message via AIM to jengoesup
Quote:
i'm sure it will be one heck of a ride....i've been with this girl for 4 years, and we've been through as much(if not more) as some married couple i think....there has been a lot of pressure and stress put oin us that helped us mature to the point we are at...

you have no idea how many times i've heard peoiple say i'm crazy....it doesn't even phase me anymore(well, it never really did)
Congratulations! I don't think you're crazy at all (then again, I'm only 16. So some people might stamp with the popular stereotype that I think anything can happen, the possibilities are limitless...) Do you guys have a date set yet?

As for the thread topic, well I think I want kids someday, definitely. My friends think I'm crazy when I say I want kids and I'm only 16, but maybe I'm just a forward thinking person I think the opportunity that God gives us to raise children, to be responsible for them, to guide them and watch them grow, to love them, to sit them on your lap, is going to be an unforgettable experience. As are all the nasty bits ("What IS that in your diaper????" *high-pitched scream*) .
jengoesup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #171
My US Army Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Genius View Post
Which James 11? There are five of them.

From the NASB Version
1:11
For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.
2:11
For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
3:11
Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?
4:11
Do not speak against one another, brethren He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.
5:11
We count those blessed who endured You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:

Greetings.

Greetings to y'all!!! used it because my name is James
James11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #172
Corporal Springbok

Send a message via MSN to Grasshopper359
Quote:
Wow, seems quite a lot of you do want kids, mostly women I guess.
Nope. Mostly men.

Quote:
Isnt being independent with no ties wonderful?
I find it highly overrated, personally. And I don't think that I'm alone. But yet I am alone. So terribly alone. (That was a joke, by the way)

Quote:
To hold a little wonder in my arms that needed me would make me vomit, really.
I seriously doubt that it would make you physically sick. I really do.

Quote:
I would gladly pay not to ever have kids shouting Daddys Home when I got back from work! good god, I want peace after work!
If I guaranteed that you'd never have to hear kids shouting "Daddy's home!" after work, how much would you gladly pay me?

Quote:
Having said all this, I do love dogs,especially puppies, but I could easily shove that in the kennels when I go away.
And, at least a dog is a good burglar alarm, so theres a reason to have it.
You love dogs so much, you'll "shove that in the kennels" when you go away?

Quote:
SYMBIOTIC: you call me crazy? you are getting wed at 19!?
First of all, he didn't call you crazy. He said that he found your one particular statement RE: men not giving in to women's talk of their biological clocks ticking, crazy and insulting towards men. It's not the same thing as calling you crazy. And in passing, I'd call the particular statement in question stupid and presuppositional. You're suggesting that men only have children because women nag them into it, which is silly and ignorant.

Secondly, yes, he's getting married at 19. So what? Explain something for me, if you will: for him to pursue his dreams in life makes him crazy, but for you to pursue what you want isn't? So basically, if I understand this, somebody who wants something other than what you want is crazy? Don't you think that this is just a wee bit presumptuous?

Quote:
and you want kids to keep your life from being boring, now if thats not selfish, what is?
Quote:
I have worked most of my life and now want to spend my money on ME! not on a kid/s. Sure you can understand this?
This is. Especially the capitalised ME! part.

Quote:
BUT why not just enjoy ALL of my life! even when I am older!
As is this. Just out of curiosity, why do you think that it's not possible to enjoy life and have children too? I like peanut butter, and I like jam, so what's to stop me from putting them together? People do it all the time.

You have your desires, and you are entitled to them. Others have their desires, to which they are also entitled. You may not understand the those of others, and they may not understand yours, but that doesn't make either one wrong. It simply means that everybody wants different things in life.

http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7720&dateline=1208032422
Grasshopper359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #173
]-(*(+|=<>!<>=|+)*)-[

Quote:
Originally Posted by James11
Greetings to y'all!!! used it because my name is James
Well, I feel stupid now; at least I know it was addressing someone in particular in this case.
Unread 07-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #174
needs a new avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper359 View Post
First of all, he didn't call you crazy. He said that he found your one particular statement RE: men not giving in to women's talk of their biological clocks ticking, crazy and insulting towards men. It's not the same thing as calling you crazy. And in passing, I'd call the particular statement in question stupid and presuppositional. You're suggesting that men only have children because women nag them into it, which is silly and ignorant.
i'm suggesting that men only have kids becuase women nag them into it?....sorry kyle...you totally lost me with this post....i have no idea where you are getting this....and i wasn't calling his "biological time clock" thing crazy....it was the notion that many men don't want children that i though crazy...i know so many men who want children....maybe i'm not making sense anymore...i don't think i am....i'm too confused now...

Check out my.....

Unread 07-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #175
is faith smiling!

I'm looking forward to having children. My wedding will be next year, and it probably won't be for several (3-4) more years till we have kids. I haven't really talked to my fiancee about it much, but we both want to have children.

I like the idea of having 3. Any more and you need a bigger car.
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #176
nix

I would suggest talking about it before you get married
nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #177
is faith smiling!

We have talked about it to the extent of: We both want kids, about 3 sounds good, in about 3 or 4 years. I think that is really all we need to talk about for now.
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #178
needs a new avatar

2 gonna be our number...1 ends up spoiled(sorry to any only children out there), and 3 just takes too much work...not enough time left for yourselves

Check out my.....

Unread 07-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #179
]-(*(+|=<>!<>=|+)*)-[

I like big families. Six or seven is what I'd prefer.
Unread 07-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #180
Corporal Springbok

Send a message via MSN to Grasshopper359
Quote:
i'm suggesting that men only have kids becuase women nag them into it?....sorry kyle...you totally lost me with this post....i have no idea where you are getting this....and i wasn't calling his "biological time clock" thing crazy....it was the notion that many men don't want children that i though crazy...i know so many men who want children....maybe i'm not making sense anymore...i don't think i am....i'm too confused now...
Silly Joel, posts are for floomies.

Floomy said that men shouldn't give into women's talk of their biological clocks ticking, and that they should stand up for themselves. You said that you found what he was saying crazy and insulting towards men (I took that to mean the part about men having children because women complained about their biological clocks ticking). Floomy said that you called him crazy, and then called you crazy for getting married at 19. I said, "No, Joel didn't call YOU crazy, he called your statement crazy. It's not the same thing." And then I went on to explain what I thought of floomy's statement. Floomy was the one ostensibly suggesting that men only have children because women pressure them with with the biological clock tick-talk. Which I called silly and ignorant. Clear? Good. Dismissed. Run along, now. Left, right, left, right, left right. You've a wedding to prepare for, now haven't you?

http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7720&dateline=1208032422
Grasshopper359 is offline   Reply With Quote