Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo View Post
I think floomy is a classic troll trying to get you all riled up. I give it a 3/10.
I like how you called floomy an 'it.'

Futan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #152
Auntie Becky

Send a message via AIM to Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight View Post
oh my gosh... that link was so... so... horrible!!!

heh.. anyways.. I don't know if i want kids or not.. i'd be nice.. but too painful,... and i may ruin thier lives.. i mean.. what if i'm just making another person that'll be in pain and then go to hell?? i don't know.
Unread 07-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #153
Nobody Greater 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
oh my gosh... that link was so... so... horrible!!!

heh.. anyways.. I don't know if i want kids or not.. i may ruin thier lives.. i mean.. what if i'm just making another person that'll be in pain and then go to hell?? i don't know.
Yeah, I've got a solution for kids like that and it aint a condom .
Six inches of extension cord (cut to length and carried with you of course) applied once to backside (right there at place of tantrum) works wonders, believe me.

Becky, the fact that your thinking that means you'll probably be a better parent than you think. The key to good parenting is simply "God, I don't know what I'm doing. Help me", which I have prayed in some form every day for the last 20+ years (the age of my oldest).

Possibly found, but while we're waiting we'll just be a W.I.P. (Work In Progress).
JACk120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #154
exo
A Provocative Title

Send a message via AIM to exo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACk120 View Post
Six inches of extension cord (cut to length and carried with you of course) applied once to backside (right there at place of tantrum) works wonders, believe me.

Becky, the fact that your thinking that means you'll probably be a better parent than you think. The key to good parenting is simply "God, I don't know what I'm doing. Help me", which I have prayed in some form every day for the last 20+ years (the age of my oldest).
We have recently been trying something when our 3 year old throws a tantrum... we completely and utterly ignore it. We act as if she is invisible. It's actually working quite well. Not until she acts normally do we pay her any attention.

"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the rock eternal." Isaiah 26:4

Jesus is my Guild Leader.
exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #155
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACk120 View Post

Hey, you're from Brooklyn. I don't see many people from there often. I used to go up there all the time around Christmas time to help out with Metro Ministries to wrap gifts, stuff stockings, pass them out and even some turkeys. Don't suppose your affiliated with them at all, are you?
Lightknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #156
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by floomy View Post
Kids stink
Kids cost a fortune
Kids need attention
kids need responsibilty
kids cost money
kids are dirty
kids break things
kids are dependent

Cheers.
So do most of the drunks staggering out of the pubs every night.

Hebrews 12:14-15 (NLT)
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 03:35 AM   #157
The Dutchman

Send a message via AIM to SageMenno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Modlin View Post

Gepwnt! You, sir, are smooth.

Anyway..

Sometimes, I find myself wanting a big family, as in four or more kids. Other times, I think I'd rather have a smaller family, or around two kids. I suppose it doesn't help that I have absolutely no idea what God or I want me to do with my life, and I'm about to be a sophomore in college.
SageMenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #158
My US Army Soldier

I have six kids.. its a His and Hers thing. When my wife and I got married she already had 4 kids and I have 2. Together it is quite a large family. Yes they stink (especially the teenagers... JUST KIDDING!!!) Yes they cost a fortune.. But thank God for handme downs and kids that appriciate it (by the way.. we have 5 girls and one boy.. the boy being the youngest). Yes they need attention.. but then again.. dont we all? Yes, they need responsibility.. and that comes with time, When my first was born I thought I wasnt ready to be a father, I wasnt responsible enough.. but when you hold that little wonder in your hands and realize "this little one NEEDS me" the responsibility kicks in.( I hope this is the truth in most cases!!) Yes Kids cost money.. but so does owning a car.. a house.. a cd player... you learn to adapt. Yes.. Kids are dirty.. but just like anything else.. a bath will do wonders!!!.. oh yea... and time limits on getting their room clean!!! Yes kids break things... thats why you wait to buy the good stuff untill they are old enough to go out on their own. And, Yes Kids are dependant. But that doenst change much no matter how old you are. Im not saying that I am still dependant on my mom... But I know that when my father was still alive, I was dependand on him... we all still need teaching.. heck.. im dependant on God.. my Father.. and always will.. what would it be like if he had said.. aww.. I dont want kids?? We wouldnt be!

Its really not that bad having kids.. heck I find it to be fun! and no I dont have the "best" kids.. oh.. by no means. One example, my oldest (who is now 20) was out with her friends one night... about 9 pm I get a call from a police officer, she was at a hotel with some friends of hers and some other people that she should have not been hanging around with and was drunk.... BUT... I remember the time we went to Knotts Berry Farm and it was just her and me and we had a blast together. Or even just sitting in front of the TV watching our favorite shows with her head on my lap and me just running my fingers through her hair.
I guess Love out weighs all the negativities about having kids. There is nothing like coming home from a long days work and having your kids come running outside to meet you,screaming "DADDY'S HOME!!!!!!!"
I wouldnt change that for anything!
James11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #159
needs a new avatar

Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic
Quote:
Wow, seems quite a lot of you do want kids, mostly women I guess.
Best of luck to you all.

I have worked most of my life and now want to spend my money on ME! not on a kid/s. Sure you can understand this?
infact, I wouldnt have kids even if I was paid.
If I heard a girlfriend of mine was pregnant, I would be devastated.
If heard I was infertile I would be the happiest man on earth, really.

I am sure most men would agree with me, come on, be honest.

My parents told me, enjoy your life first, then when you are older, have kids, BUT why not just enjoy ALL of my life! even when I am older!

I am not against people who have/want kids. if thats what you want, fine, I just cant think of ANY reasons to have them, and 1000 not to!

Men shouldnt give in to women talking about their biological clock ticking, dont be sucked in, stand up for yourselves say NO WAY, and enjoy your life.
personally, i think what you say is crazy, and slightly insulting to men....the way you say that most men don't like kids...i have loved kids my whole life....i love kids now...i am getting married at the age of 19(wedding set for Dec 31, this year), and me and Nadine talk a lot about having kids...we look forward to it...it won't be for many, many years yet...i have to finish my apprenticeship(which i have only just started), and she wants to finish university....and then we'll want to travel some i'm sure.....so, i can see it being 7 or 8 years until we have them...but right now i'm realizing that to not have kids, the only thing in life is work and wife(which amount to the same...jk)....i don't like the idea of everything being the same everyday...kids will definately keep things changing....i think that's why i want kids....to keep life dynamic, not static...

Check out my.....

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #160
needs a new avatar

Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Modlin

BURN!

Check out my.....

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #161

James 11,
very interesting reading, and I really wish you the best.

But I still cant grasp what you mean.
Isnt being independent with no ties wonderful?
To hold a little wonder in my arms that needed me would make me vomit, really.
I would gladly pay not to ever have kids shouting Daddys Home when I got back from work! good god, I want peace after work!

Having said all this, I do love dogs,especially puppies, but I could easily shove that in the kennels when I go away.
And, at least a dog is a good burglar alarm, so theres a reason to have it.

SYMBIOTIC: you call me crazy? you are getting wed at 19!?
and you want kids to keep your life from being boring, now if thats not selfish, what is?
floomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #162
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
James 11,

I would gladly pay not to ever have kids shouting Daddys Home when I got back from work! good god, I want peace after work!

Having said all this, I do love dogs,especially puppies, but I could easily shove that in the kennels when I go away.

and you want kids to keep your life from being boring, now if thats not selfish, what is?

This may be the last post in this thread if the personal attacks and insults continue. I'm not pointing fingers (yet) but if you have engaged in that type of posting...I'm talking to you.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. I don't diss you because of yours...I'm glad that you realize you don't want kids and shouldn't have any. I also understand why most of the people in here are totally mortified by what you say.

Having your child call out, "Daddy" is one of the greatest things I have ever experienced. To me, there's nothing more peaceful than sitting down on the couch with my children...they make all the BS in the world seem worth it.

To me, being "independent with no ties" is lonely. Some of us are wired to WANT relationships and family...some of us aren't. I don't believe for one minute that you want to spend the rest of your life alone...maybe you do...but I don't buy it.

You find joy in living for yourself. It's good that you have decided to not get married and have a family because, by your own admission, you'd suck at it. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with those of us who do. On the same token...others should respect your opinion even if we vehemently disagree with it.

Hebrews 12:14-15 (NLT)
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #163
There. That's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Modlin View Post
This may be the last post in this thread if the personal attacks and insults continue. I'm not pointing fingers (yet) but if you have engaged in that type of posting...I'm talking to you.
Thank you for speaking up, Lee. I am adding some additional punctuation. !
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #164
Nobody Greater 2011

Quote:
SYMBIOTIC: you call me crazy? you are getting wed at 19!? and you want kids to keep your life from being boring, now if thats not selfish, what is?
That's not selfish floomy, for some people (my wife and I in particular) that is the reality. Kids do help make life interesting.

the voice of one who knows

As for getting married at 19, not crazy if you're ready. I got married at 20, and I have been married 22 years. Was I young, Yes. Was I crazy (well I am crazy, but...), No, because I was ready.

Symbiotic, congratulations and enjoy the ride

Possibly found, but while we're waiting we'll just be a W.I.P. (Work In Progress).
JACk120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #165
exo
A Provocative Title

Send a message via AIM to exo
Quote:
James 11,

I give this one a 5/10. It's starting to sound a little more realistic and not so over-the-top-I'm-a-total-jerk (I mean, it likes puppies!). And it's trying to use a little bit of argumentation and logic to keep things going.

Don't feed the troll.

"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the rock eternal." Isaiah 26:4

Jesus is my Guild Leader.
exo is offline   Reply With Quote