Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-12-2004, 10:57 AM   #1

Hava listen

Howdy all!
Here's something I would love you to listen to. It is me singing a song from Les Miserables.. comments (good and bad) are welcomed!

The Sheep Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #2
Moo.

Send a message via MSN to _maranatha
Not to shabby! Keep it up, you have the potential.. what is your history in singing?
It is obvious that you are not a soprano though..
Watch where you breath.. there are some places where you should pratice better breath control..
-Rhonda.
Gladly for aye we adore Him.
_maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #3
power chord hater

K, i'm listening to it now. Whoa, nevermind...it just kinda cuts off there doesn't it, haha. Ok, anyway here's my two cents.

1) As stated, you're not a soprano. Which isn't neccisarily a bad thing. I'm not a soprano either and thus far i've lived a pretty content life. However, you may want to find a song that better reflects your voice.
2) When posting something on here it's really hard to get a decent critique when you sing with a cd. Your (and everyone's) voice acts differently when you sing along with a cd instead of singing solo. Instead of being encouraged by the extra help you wind up being dependent on it, and that comes through in your voice.
3) You've got some really good vowels in there and you enunciate really well. Keep that up, most people suck at that! Umm, your vibrato sounds really forced. It sounds like your trying to mimic the chick singing instead of being yourself. Just let your vibrato be. Sing and if it comes, it comes. Don't force it.
4) You seemed to stay on pitch pretty well. Although your voice is definately undersupported. Your breathing is ok, but make sure to pay attention to where you breath. I'm not sure if you cut out cuz you couldn't hit the notes or if you just had to sneak a breath. It can be hard to tell when to breath during this kinda song, but since you have the cd handy, do what she does! I'm sure she's had a little training along the way somewhere.

That's about all i've got for now. Post some more stuff so we can really get a feel for your voice and what it's capable of. I sense that you're probably better than this recording. You held back a lot and, as stated, you're a non-soprano singing a soprano solo. Try something more in your range, and do it w/out a cd. Whether it be w/ a piano or guitar or something backing you up or even a capella. Just give us a taste of what that voice can do!
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote