Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Introduce Yourself!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-14-2001, 04:06 PM   #1

hey I'm new

Hey,I'm new to this site and new to this music.I play mostly fingerpicking stuff,and am looking for some new tabs.I play a Gibson Classic nylon string most of the time,and I need some help finding tab that would be suitable.Any melodic pretty song.Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert LaVallee
robertlaval@yahoo.com

robertlaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-15-2001, 08:25 PM   #2

Hey Robert? How's it going? Do you play a lot of classical then? That is awesome, I really want to play like that. My goal is to learn a lot of different styles, and combine them. At least that is one of my goals. Anyway, welcome, I'm a newb here too.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2001, 08:37 PM   #3

Re: hey I'm new

Quote:
Originally posted by robertlaval
Hey,I'm new to this site and new to this music.I play mostly fingerpicking stuff,and am looking for some new tabs.I play a Gibson Classic nylon string most of the time,and I need some help finding tab that would be suitable.Any melodic pretty song.Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert LaVallee
robertlaval@yahoo.com
Hi Robert,
I'm not sure if there are many tabs on this site for classical guitar, but one place you might want to check out is wholenote.com
When you go there click on lessons, and then you'll see a lot of different styles of music. Included there is classical.

Basically the site has tabs for many different songs, but of course the tab is useless inless you know how the song goes. Well, with each song there is a midi file that you can play at different speeds (you can slow it down or speed it up), so you can hear how each note of the song is played, and then you follow along with the tab. I've found it very useful for learning fingerpicking stuff.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Peace and grace in Christ,

Tim

He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit. Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive."

Proverbs 17:27-28
trhoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2001, 03:07 PM   #4
Unregistered

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the reply.Whole Note had a lot of good lessons,but I'm looking for something like White Lion's "When the Children Cry".It doesn't have to be classical or nylon string.I have an electric and an acoustic 12 string(although finger picking is hard on the 12 string).Any suggestions are appreciated.
thanks,
Robert