Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Christian > Life Issues > Ministry, Missions & Leadership
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #1
Eaten by a grue

Mission statement/constitution for Youth Ministry

The Youth ministry at my church is starting to really grow, we had our biggest turnout last night, and the kids are starting to really respond to the worship/study/fun format we've set up... which leads to the inevitable, we need to set up a constitution for our youth ministry, a guideline and set of principles that is adhered to by anyone coming into the ministry in the future.

Has anyone done this before? Is there a good ministry I could start with to look at? I just need some ideas from people that may have already plowed this field.

Thanks!

That's why Jesus would use a 5-10 watt tube combo. Then Jesus can get that nice breakup He likes at a manageable volume. A volume that is somewhat formal but still says I'm here to party. Much like tuxedo t-shirt Jesus.
"If all experienced God in the same way and returned Him an identical worship, the song of the Church triumphant would have no symphony, it would be like an orchestra in which all the instruments played the same note." - C.S. Lewis
niangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
seeking God

My youth groups new youth pastor just set up a new mission statement. I haven't looked over it too much myself, but I'll copy it in here for your veiwing pleasure.

"The Youth Ministry Team has identified five major areas that we hope to challenge a student that attends High Point senior high ministry. It is our hope and desire to see that each graduating senior . . .

1 . . . Has been challenged by their leaders and students to place their faith in Jesus Christ as their savior from sin and Lord of their life.

2. . . Has been loved by the whole Church and is incorporated into the community through worship, service and fellowship with the larger church body of adults.

3 . . . Has a clear understanding of discipleship.* Our goal is that by Ďtrying outí discipleship (through retreats, service projects, mission trips, etc.) students will have a keen understanding of the depth of commitment discipleship requires of them.* It is then our hope that they commit their lives to being disciples of Jesus Christ.

4 . . . Has the tools with which to make decisions about their future from a Christ filled perspective.* That each student would know what it means to hear from God, listen to His voice, and discern Godís will for their lives.

5 . . . Is literate in, and able to reach people of the world.* It is the goal of the ministry that each student would love the world while being able to responsibly and clearly communicate the Gospel to unsaved friends and family."

That said, a big emphasis of the Sr. high ministry, that I really agree with, is getting the teens involved with the church as a whole. The unity of the church is essential, and the benefits to the teens and the rest of the church body is evident.

Last edited by georgeo; 03-07-2004 at 06:16 PM.
georgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #3
Eaten by a grue

Good stuff, thanks gorgeo.
That's why Jesus would use a 5-10 watt tube combo. Then Jesus can get that nice breakup He likes at a manageable volume. A volume that is somewhat formal but still says I'm here to party. Much like tuxedo t-shirt Jesus.
"If all experienced God in the same way and returned Him an identical worship, the song of the Church triumphant would have no symphony, it would be like an orchestra in which all the instruments played the same note." - C.S. Lewis
niangelo is offline   Reply With Quote