Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #76
Imaginative Dreamer
 
Kaii's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2012
Location: philippines
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybabyboy View Post
working at home, and do something about IT

who why alone ? its more fun working with team bro.!

by the way what are you working? are you a developer?

XD

__________________
Quote:
"When the LORD say go, how can we say no?"
Kaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #77
Registered User
 

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5
i love to a good developer and it was my dream to become a good one and i am working as a developer in a firm. but it is not enough for me so i have to learn a lot.
Alexenderbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #78
Registered User
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 26,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Being paid to exist. Twenty bucks an hour.
Holy crap. That is almost exactly what I do, 8 years later. Even pegged the pay. Wow.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #79
assistant regional mgr.
 
Dwight Schrute's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 5,551
honestly my dream job is the one I'm in right now. I have no plans of going anywhere for a long long time - they may have to haul my dead carcass from my comfy office chair.
Dwight Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #80
Mr. Kvorkomiskinovichlich
 
Frank1234's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,283
Programmer.
Musician.
Architect.
Sound Engineer.

One of the above. In no particular order.
Will repost with updates when I think of more.
Frank1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #81
Administrator
Administrator
 
Pauler's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,099
paid
i think it would be so fun to have anthony bourdain's job or one of the top gear guys
__________________
We are none of us infallible--not even the youngest of us.
- WH Thompson
Pauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #82
Registered User
 
Brian Krashpad's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 123
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post

I'd like to be lead singer/guitarist/songwriter in a rock band that didn't suck.
I already am this!



However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
If I could make a living through music, I would be thrilled.
I sure don't make a living at it.

Oh well, still great fun and very therapeutic.



So my answer to the OP is, all I want is to be able to quit my day job and make a living with my band.
__________________
Brian Krashpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #83
is still learning...
 
TunerSteve's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2006
Location: The Heartland
Posts: 1,429
My dream job would be PGA touring golf pro. Traveling the world, playing on the best courses, out in the beautiful weather and making enough money to live well. That would be a dream.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #84
Lieutenant Commander
 
slap_j's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2002
Location: the U.S.
Posts: 21,818
You know that Gary Wright song, Dream Weaver? I want to be a dream weaver. Not sure how it works but I'm sure there is on the job training.
__________________

A d A s t r a P e r A l a s P o r c i
slap_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #85
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,786
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap_j
You know that Gary Wright song, Dream Weaver? I want to be a dream weaver. Not sure how it works but I'm sure there is on the job training.
People used to sing that song to my dad, back in the day.
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #86
Gone
 
Ted Logan's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 9,167
My dream job is to pastor a mid-sized church that plants churches and focuses on evangelism, mission, and discipleship. Since it's a dream, the church is somewhere in western Europe. A mid-sized church that multiplies in western Europe also implies that a revival is going on.
__________________
broccolifish at SoundCloud - synthpop and chiptunes I've made

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!


Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #87
The Story Teller
 
Caged Love's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Anywhere but the city
Posts: 755
My dream job would to be an apologist. I think that it would be sweet to be able to defend the Christian faith with logic and passion, and hopefully make a difference in people's lives.
__________________
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" ó Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #88
Okagesama de genki desu
 
metropolis4's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Aurora, Not just a place...
Posts: 2,570
My dream job would be a guardian ad litem. I wish so badly now that I would have gone to law school. Tough now with a wife and 2 yr old, but I'm thinking about it.
__________________
Is bold the right word?
metropolis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #89
Registered User
 
Brian Krashpad's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 123
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis4 View Post
My dream job would be a guardian ad litem. I wish so badly now that I would have gone to law school. Tough now with a wife and 2 yr old, but I'm thinking about it.
In some states layperson volunteers can be guardians ad litem. This is true here in Florida; locally, here in Gainesville, there is a training program for such volunteers.
__________________
Brian Krashpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #90
Okagesama de genki desu
 
metropolis4's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Aurora, Not just a place...
Posts: 2,570
Interesting. Here in Colorado you have to be a lawyer to be one. There are volunteers as well, but they are called CASA's and it's a little different. They're more like advocates than legal representatives
__________________
Is bold the right word?
metropolis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2