Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #91
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
it would make more since if it was done to CBS Strats. The methods behind thae maddness is alway cool things to learn. It could have offerd a different tone than the standard rosewood maple neck combo.

lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-23-2004, 10:23 PM   #92
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul59
it would make more since if it was done to CBS Strats. The methods behind thae maddness is alway cool things to learn. It could have offerd a different tone than the standard rosewood maple neck combo.
Well, if you construct a neck differently then it had been made, it's almost always gonna sound different... Well, they still seem popular today, so something must've gone right...

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2004, 09:30 PM   #93
distance is not doable

Send a message via AIM to Casey
A new topic but still relative to the title of the thread:
I'm getting a mim strat! I actually like it stock, but from reading chesh's and rainer's posts, I can't wait to hotrod this baby. I'm so excited !! My Youth Pastor bought it on the youth budget, and nobody used it, so I'm gonna buy it for $225! Be expecting to see alot of questions from me soon.
Unread 02-24-2004, 09:36 PM   #94
übergeek

Cool beans Casey. MIM is a great value.

Acoustics: 2003 Taylor 855ce-LTD L1 (Brazilian), 1993 Taylor 810, 2005 Taylor K4 preamp, 2006 ESP XTone PA1 (Sunburst)
Electrics: 2007 ESP Vintage Plus Distressed, 1998 Fender AmDx Fat Stratocaster (Black with EMG SAV + SPC kit), 1997 PRS CE24 (Ruby), 2006 ESP LTD EC-1000s (Sunburst)

Amps: Orange Rockerverb 50 Head and PPC212 cab

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi
trpullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #95
Skynyrd Gomer

Send a message via AIM to lespaul59 Send a message via Yahoo to lespaul59
I hope to be at least laying away a Strat next week. My local shop has one I want and if I like it I'm gonna get them to hold it for me. Then I'm gonna hotrod it that way I want it.
lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:07 PM   #96
I'm on a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey
A new topic but still relative to the title of the thread:
I'm getting a mim strat! I actually like it stock, but from reading chesh's and rainer's posts, I can't wait to hotrod this baby. I'm so excited !! My Youth Pastor bought it on the youth budget, and nobody used it, so I'm gonna buy it for $225! Be expecting to see alot of questions from me soon.
HOT ROD! HOT ROD! I can't wait to hot rod my LP...

Unread 02-25-2004, 06:04 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainer123
HOT ROD! HOT ROD! I can't wait to hot rod my LP...
I've created a monster . . .

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #98
I'm on a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat
I've created a monster . . .
Since when am I your creation? Check this out:

Quote:
I actually like it stock, but from reading chesh's and rainer's posts, I can't wait to hotrod this baby. I'm so excited !! My Youth Pastor bought it on the youth budget, and nobody used it, so I'm gonna buy it for $225! Be expecting to see alot of questions from me soon.
I think we've created a monster...

(At least all the questions will keep me from getting bored... )

Unread 02-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #99

Quote:
Since when am I your creation?
Well, yeah, if you want to get all technical . . .

Quote:
Check this out: I think we've created a monster...
Well, since when was he our creation!?!

Quote:
At least all the questions will keep me from getting bored... )
You!?! Get bored!?! Perish the thought!

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2004, 09:15 PM   #100
distance is not doable

Send a message via AIM to Casey
I can go ahead and start asking questions, a recent problem I found is that tuning the guitar....well, It causes the guitar to go out of tune.

I had this problem with my very first guitar, a mimic-cheapo-worse-than-Squier strat. I use .10s, so heavy strings are not the problem, a weak tremolo is obviously the problem. My youth pastor suggested getting the music people to add a spring to the trem to give it more tension, he also suggested getting it glued down and just living with out it, but I don't want to do that. So that wraps up my first question, answer away!

Casey

*Edit* This really is a recent problem, I've been playing the guitar for about a year and it's never done it, or at least not this bad.
Unread 03-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #101
I'm on a horse.

Either get new trem springs or put in a trem block.

Unread 03-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #102
übergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey
I can go ahead and start asking questions, a recent problem I found is that tuning the guitar....well, It causes the guitar to go out of tune.

I had this problem with my very first guitar, a mimic-cheapo-worse-than-Squier strat. I use .10s, so heavy strings are not the problem, a weak tremolo is obviously the problem. My youth pastor suggested getting the music people to add a spring to the trem to give it more tension, he also suggested getting it glued down and just living with out it, but I don't want to do that. So that wraps up my first question, answer away!

Casey

*Edit* This really is a recent problem, I've been playing the guitar for about a year and it's never done it, or at least not this bad.
Couple dumb questions to start.

1) are the strings new? old strings are a pain to keep in tune.
2) did the problem start after you went to .010s?

I would consider an extra spring in the trem cavity BUT you will want to make sure that it is all set up so the trem still floats. Don't let them talk you into blocking the trem. If set up properly, a Strat trem WILL hold tune in all but the most extreme trem moves.

Acoustics: 2003 Taylor 855ce-LTD L1 (Brazilian), 1993 Taylor 810, 2005 Taylor K4 preamp, 2006 ESP XTone PA1 (Sunburst)
Electrics: 2007 ESP Vintage Plus Distressed, 1998 Fender AmDx Fat Stratocaster (Black with EMG SAV + SPC kit), 1997 PRS CE24 (Ruby), 2006 ESP LTD EC-1000s (Sunburst)

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi
Unread 03-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #103
I'm on a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpullen
Couple dumb questions to start.

1) are the strings new? old strings are a pain to keep in tune.
2) did the problem start after you went to .010s?

I would consider an extra spring in the trem cavity BUT you will want to make sure that it is all set up so the trem still floats. Don't let them talk you into blocking the trem. If set up properly, a Strat trem WILL hold tune in all but the most extreme trem moves.
You probably know more about this then I do, but could the cheapness of the guitar have any affect on how it gets thrown out of tune when using the trem?

Unread 03-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #104
übergeek

Quote:
You probably know more about this then I do, but could the cheapness of the guitar have any affect on how it gets thrown out of tune when using the trem?
He was saying that it used to stay in tune....so I would guess no. If it had never stayed in tune, then I would agree.

Unread 03-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #105
I'm on a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpullen
He was saying that it used to stay in tune....so I would guess no. If it had never stayed in tune, then I would agree.
OK, cool.