Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-15-2002, 07:34 PM   #76
Guitar geek

Send a message via AIM to BowoW
that has to be one HUUUUUUUUUUGE kit

-jamie

"I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God.. But because I speak the truth, you don't believe me" - John 8:40;45
BowoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-15-2002, 07:50 PM   #77
Crushy McSternum

Yup. I plan to have the wall behind my dream kit COVERED with Coffin-Case stick cases. :kduh:

I'll have about 20-30 cymbals (all of which would be Zildjian), about 7 toms ( :keek: ), around 2-3 snares, and prolly 3 different sized bass's. :keek: :keek:

How's THAT for a dream kit......?

PS,
Oh, and all of the above mentioned DRUMS, would be DW or Mapex.

Now thou hast loved me one whole day,
To-morrow when thou leavest, what wilt thou say ?
Wilt thou then antedate some new-made vow ?
Or say that now
We are not just those persons which we were ?
-Woman's Constancy (John Donne)
H.M. Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 08:32 PM   #78
Guitar geek

Send a message via AIM to BowoW
love the set.. cept the cymbals paiste's ALL THE WAY~ ( oh geez.. im gonna get beat up now right?)

okay.. before u do.. *runs away*

-jamie

"I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God.. But because I speak the truth, you don't believe me" - John 8:40;45
BowoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2002, 09:06 AM   #79
Crushy McSternum

Quote:
Originally posted by BowoW
love the set.. cept the cymbals paiste's ALL THE WAY~ ( oh geez.. im gonna get beat up now right?)

okay.. before u do.. *runs away*
I've never played Paiste....... but I shall still beat you up!! COME BACK HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now thou hast loved me one whole day,
To-morrow when thou leavest, what wilt thou say ?
Wilt thou then antedate some new-made vow ?
Or say that now
We are not just those persons which we were ?
-Woman's Constancy (John Donne)
H.M. Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2002, 02:44 PM   #80

This is my drum kit that I play at my church...uhhh, it's got a snare, a hi-hat, a cowbell, a big tom, a smaller tom, a floor tom, the bassy kicky thingy, a crash cymbal, another crash that's exactly the same as the previous crash, a splash, a smaller splash, a ride, and a seat that's about to fall apart. Oh, and it's got four mics.

I'm not much for specifics, I guess. Well, cuz I really don't know, lol.
Spudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 03:28 PM   #81

Send a message via ICQ to TracyLynn61019 Send a message via AIM to TracyLynn61019
my kit's not much.. but it's mine *grin*

5 piece black pearl export series
16" paiste crash/ride
18" paiste ride
14" (or maybe 15") chamber HH
dw 5000 delta accelerator double bass drum pedal (my latest purchase... which i am VERY happy with *grin*)
cowbell (which came with the set, and has a really nice and rich sound)
tambourine (it's purple. my fav. color *grin*)
various stands (but good ones *smile*)

the original set was purchased used for a VERY decent price!! i just replaced the heads this year... gotta take care of my baby *grin*
Unread 06-28-2002, 11:35 PM   #82
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Send a message via AIM to +Donny
well, i have been switching back and forth between 2 toms and 3, and I think I finally have switched it to 3 for the last time (ID will be happy). Plus, I added my 10 crappy splash back on.
Unread 06-28-2002, 11:43 PM   #83

If i could get any kit i would for sure get an ayotte kit. But they're super expensive.

All this talk about huge kits, a big kit isn't always better. You have to be able to use it, some of the best drummers i've heard play with just a highhat snare and bass, with a tom or a cymbal or two.
Spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2002, 12:17 AM   #84

Send a message via ICQ to TracyLynn61019 Send a message via AIM to TracyLynn61019
Quote:
Originally posted by Spud
All this talk about huge kits, a big kit isn't always better. You have to be able to use it, some of the best drummers i've heard play with just a highhat snare and bass, with a tom or a cymbal or two.
so very true! and actually, if you play with a "bare bones" kit, i think you have a tendency to try new things to get more sounds. at least i find myself doing that. hmph. speaking of 'different sounds', i think i need to add a set of pots and pans to my drum set.... :-D
Unread 06-29-2002, 12:24 AM   #85
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Send a message via AIM to +Donny
a cool practice to do (it also helps you to set up your kit efficiently) is to set just a bass drum and snare in front of you and play. Then add the high hat, then a crash. Then maybe throw in a tom or ride, etc, etc until you have everything.
Unread 06-29-2002, 11:45 AM   #86
You wanna see dry land?

Send a message via AIM to Insane Drummer
yeah some of the best drummers use huge kits... like mike from dream theater.. huge kit.. and then some of the best use tiny kits.. it really depends on the style of music your playing.
Insane Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 12:56 PM   #87
emodrummer186

my set is a pearl forum (cheap) with 12x14 and 16x16 toms, i sold the standard snare it came with and got a pearl maple piccilo snare.my cymbals are right now 14 in. b8pro hats, 18in b8pro crash 20 in. b8pro ride and 18 in. pearl crash/ride.. im upgrading my cymbals to AA and AAX soon so im prolly gonna get a 17 in medium crash and a 19 in. dark crash and i dont know what i want for rides and hi hats, i like my b8pro ride, i just want one with a larger bell on it,,, any suggestions on that? im looking for an emo-ish sounding ride and hats, so if anyone knows what im talkin about help me!
Unread 07-02-2002, 01:19 PM   #88

Bah! I'm starting to see people bash big sets. This is often due to people that haven't the money or the abilty to play such monstrosities. I don't understand you silly people who say small kits are all you need. Big sets mean variety, you can still play the small ensemble with a big set. It gives you the option to do more, which i've always said is the best way to go about becoming a great drummer.
Now, I myself have a huge set, and I do know how to use it. I know my stuff, so don't attempt to be silly on me. ;-)

And yes, Mike Portnoy is my drum God, among others. But I will play with him one day :-D
Veda Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #89

Send a message via AIM to Squirt Send a message via Yahoo to Squirt
My kit ain't the fanciest, but it works for me.
5-piece Percussion Plus (got it for free from a nearly preacher)
Sabian 6" Splash
Camber II 14" Hi-Hats
Zildjian Medium Crash (don't know size)
Pearl Crash (don't know size to that either)
Sabian Molto Symphonic 18" Suspended Cymbal
Avanti 20" Medium Ride
Avanti 15" Hi-Hats (will probably use those for other cymbals)
Cowbell
Hat Trick
Set of Cool Rods, Lightning Rods, Wire Brushes, 808 Rockers, about three pairs of 7A's with wood tip, one pair of 5A nylon tip
I have Remo Soundmaster heads that are probably ten years old (came with the kit) and a new Remo pinstripe on the bass
That's about it-my old kit is a 5-piece Pearl Export that my dad got around the time I was born so it's about 15 years old
That's about it-may not be top-of-the-line but it works for me!
Squirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2002, 07:48 PM   #90
You wanna see dry land?

Send a message via AIM to Insane Drummer
Quote:
Originally posted by Veda Leben
Bah! I'm starting to see people bash big sets. This is often due to people that haven't the money or the abilty to play such monstrosities. I don't understand you silly people who say small kits are all you need. Big sets mean variety, you can still play the small ensemble with a big set. It gives you the option to do more, which i've always said is the best way to go about becoming a great drummer.
Now, I myself have a huge set, and I do know how to use it. I know my stuff, so don't attempt to be silly on me. ;-)

And yes, Mike Portnoy is my drum God, among others. But I will play with him one day :-D
yeah bashing them is wrong the bigger the better... if only i had money enough for a big kit i would have one.... one day i will have a huge kit......... my dream would be a Ayotte maple custom hunter green. with like 2 bass drums 2 snares 4 rack toms 3 floor toms.. and like about 20 sabian cymbal... all HHX and AAX...
And I have been too proud to come in out of the rain
Insane Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote