Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-01-2002, 01:07 AM   #16
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Send a message via AIM to +Donny
i got rid of one mounted tom, so now I have one mounted tom and one floor tom, mt set is getting very confined, i can reach everything very easy now

Unread 01-02-2002, 09:03 PM   #17

Well now, where should we start...

Cymbals

4 Sabian Crashed 16" to 18" in front
3 Sabian Splashes 6" to 10"
2 Sabian Chinas at opposite sides 17" to 18"
1 Sabian Mini-China 12" with a 10" Splash underneath for tight, quick attacks
2 Sabian Splashes Stacked for cripser, tight attacks
Sabian Fast Hats
Zildjian 20" Ride
1 Sabian Bell Disc

Drums - Tama Starclassic (Sizes, don't care to check)

3 roto-toms
4 rack toms
2 floor toms
4 Octobans
2 LP Timbales
2 LP Timbalitos
Pearl, Black Nickle, Chad Smith signature Snare
2 Bass drums (working on third)

Hardware

2 DW 5000 Pedals
1st Chair Throne (mmm)
Pro Mark 5B drum sticks
Gibraltar Rack system
Cymbal Yarn tip Mallets
Remo Pin-Stripe Drum Skins

Miscellaneous

12 Snapple Bottles
Turkish Cymbals
and a "No Dog Poop Here" Street sign

I also have an Electric Drumset to play when people get mad about my Acoustic set. I'm working on making a new set.

Veda Leben

Last edited by Insane Drummer; 02-14-2002 at 10:31 PM.
Veda Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2002, 10:41 AM   #18
A fan of the lemer[sic]

wow, now that is impressive

wait a minute..

i already knew you had that set, just not that detailed description
Unread 01-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #19

Hahahaha, there yah go Donny :-D
Unread 01-03-2002, 12:27 PM   #20
Unregistered

Someone's working on their own [insert color here] Monster!
Unread 01-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #21

HAHAHA LOL! Go you dude! Very nice call. But I'm sorry to say, I haven't a Purple Monster like "some" people. But it is black :-) And quite dusty. Haven't played in a while. But nice call!

Veda Leben
Unread 01-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #22
You wanna see dry land?

Send a message via AIM to Insane Drummer
DANG Veda think you got enough stuff!!!! do you got a picture of that set i wanna see it....
Insane Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2002, 02:14 PM   #23

I have only old pics of it, when it wasn't QUITE as large. I moved and added the latin stuff from the sale of our house. But it's been my experience that you can never hane "too much". There are always more sounds to explore, and more rhythms to invent and perfect. The latin section helps a lot with that, as does my "Urban Section" of the set. (Which is still growing).

There are people out there that will say, "Awe, here's too much. All you need are the basics to be a great drummer." They also say crap like, "Those with big sets normaly don't take the time to perfect the smaller, more important part of the kit." This is true for SLAYER style players. But the more sounds you add, the more unique you and your sound becomes. Secondly, within the big set IS the small set, so don't try to pull that crap on me.

It's funny, I'm not even famous and I'm talking like it. But I WILL make Modern Drummer! Hehe, even though a lot of horrible drummers are listed in there.

Veda Leben
Unread 01-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #24
A fan of the lemer[sic]

i like the smaller set, well MY set, because im used to it, if I got on Veda's set, i wouldn't know what to do, im sure if I gradually add on, i could use it effectively, but i dont have the $$ or the interest, i am fine with my 2-3 crash, 2 ride, 1 splash set(soon a double bass pedal and possibly a china)
Unread 01-03-2002, 04:34 PM   #25

Hehe, it comes in time Don, don't worry. You're style may not require all the bells and whistles. But then again, who's to stop you from adding something new to your style? And yeah, money is a pain in the butt. I'm at a stand still right now.

When I started playing I had one crash and one hi-hat. When I added a second crash, I said to myself, "Whoa! When do I hit this one? How could I incorporate it?"

That's the problem, developing through the eveolution of your kit size. But it's for the better. People like a unique, new style. My opinion anyway. That, and I wanna be great in every aspect of the instrument. Specially with the band I'm in. We play Egypitian style (forgot to add to my list, I have Wind Chimes as well), African every once in a while, and even though my band won't play the latin style, I'd add the percussion part in anyway...Basically Prog, which is many different moods. And I can explore all the moods on my set. Thus, alowing more freedom. Once again, that's my aproach to drumming. Anyone else?

Veda Leben
Unread 01-03-2002, 08:52 PM   #26
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Quote:
That's the problem, developing through the eveolution of your kit size.

AAAAHHH

i hate that word

and i dont NEED much else for the style my band is.

I like funk the best for just jammin on my own though
Unread 01-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #27

Well that's what i'm saying. You can still play your style, but also incorporate new sounds as well...Evolution!
Unread 01-03-2002, 10:15 PM   #28

The only really bad thing about a huge kit is that if you want to take the whole thing with you, it's a pain to haul. There's something to be said for a four-piece kit and a double bass pedal!

Anyhoo, sounds like a cool set. I plan on having Starclassics myself. I love TAMA!
Drumin4thecross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2002, 10:57 PM   #29
A fan of the lemer[sic]

POTTYMOUTH!!

he said it again
Unread 01-04-2002, 01:14 AM   #30

Yeah, I've had a history totin' my kit around. And it is a pain in the butt, however, my friends act as helpers. They help build and help take down my set. So what takes 2 hours as one person, is 15 minutes with 3. Plus, it's all worth it in the end. And yes, there is something to be said for that. I hapen to be playing on a small electric set for the time being, 2 toms, a ride, crash, mini-china, snare, hi-hat, double pedal, what have you, and you can do a lot with it. But I feel enormous amounts of limitations on me, makes me mad to but it gently. But, it's all in the evolution of your style

Oh, and yes. Starclassic is quite the very cool set. And might I suggest, if you like pricey with quality, the Starclassic Maple. The Preformer is cool, but it's Birch. yuck. You should either get the SC Maple, or the Artstar Custom. Two quality sets. Yes TAMA RULES. Second best, in my book, is Mapex. Then Ludwig and blah blah blah.

Veda Leben

Last edited by Insane Drummer; 02-14-2002 at 10:45 PM.