Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Site Issues & Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to guyforGod
"cheap posting"

so does anyone else think that the idea of a post being "cheap" is a litte.... well, juvenile? Why does it really matter if there is any sort of real meaning in the thread? It just seems rather silly to over-moderate the forums and judge what is "cheap" and what isn't.

guyforGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
New Lylebook

Send a message via AIM to Lyle Send a message via MSN to Lyle
the moderators are not over zealous on what should go and stay (in fact, they need to be a little tighter if anything). Then Cheap post Forum was deleted on the grounds stated by Luke, not making this an alternitive. The Mods will follow the guidelines for their forums as is set down in the Rules of Conduct and Moderator Guidelines: Both being laid down by the admins of Christian Guitar Resources.
These rules state that any such cheap post is to be removed.... Period.
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyforGod
so does anyone else think that the idea of a post being "cheap" is a litte....well, juvenile?
Cheap posting is juvenile, yes.

Quote:
Why does it really matter if there is any sort of real meaning in the thread?
To keep some form of order. I don't want to hang around at a message board riddled with short, conversational posts. Of course, this is not about what I want or don't want. But the reason mods delete cheap posts is for that reason, for there to be some order and be rid of short, conversational posts that could just as easily go in a PM or IM.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
Follows trends...

Did you delete my post Jon? Did you at least laugh when you saw it? Or was it just funny to me? If cheap posts like my last one were allowed I would hate to have to read through these boards...
SmileAndFollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2004, 08:57 PM   #5

Yeah, I did. I personally didn't get it, but that's probably because I'm not all-knowing.

And I agree, if cheap posts like your last one were allowed, I would hate to have to read through these boards.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 05:58 PM   #6
does not look like this

Location: (lo-ka-shun) n. That which is located; a tract of land designated in place
Send a message via AIM to someone13
Quote:
so does anyone else think that the idea of a post being "cheap" is a litte.... well, juvenile? Why does it really matter if there is any sort of real meaning in the thread? It just seems rather silly to over-moderate the forums and judge what is "cheap" and what isn't.
thank u 4 saying what I was thinking (oops is that cheap?!?!?!)
lol j/k
hey does n e one know what the abbreviation A.K.A means?????
Unread 02-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #7
I am Canadian!

Send a message via MSN to Saxophone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxophone
also known as.

Saxophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #8
yea they go wild

Send a message via AIM to Jake the Snake Send a message via MSN to Jake the Snake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake the Snake
I wouldn't classify cheap posting as juvinile(sp?)

I would say it was a good way to have fun. Though some of use abused our ability to have fun. *is not pointing fingers. Toes rather*
Unread 02-04-2004, 08:05 PM   #9
JT

Quote:
I hung out on the JOCGT/CGN boards before that site folded. Toward the end, there were a couple folks who thought it was crucially important that every forum had at least 5 active threads, or something. They would post useless things in useful threads to accomplish this. For example, I recently asked a question in the Theory forum. These folks would respond with something like, "I have no idea, but I hope you find an answer!!!!!!" That got really obnoxious after a while. Then there were the folks who would post in every thread as fast as they could because they thought it was neat to have a high post count. OK, I admit it...I did that when they first put post counts in there. A couple of us wondered if anything special happened when you hit 100 or 1000 or something. I actually had a JavaScript written to auto-post for me, but somebody (I think he's posted here as N. or nnnnn a few times) beat me to it.

OK, storytime done.
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2004, 02:25 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to cryingsouls
ok, maybe oneday someone will create a whole message board esspecially for the use of chatting with friends, no post counts, no rivalry with the posts so no need to post cheaply unless its fun. that would be good (chaos at times) but good lolz, but I don't think this would be good in CGR, its here to accomplish a goal, to post anything on the way would be kind of tedious.

~I wonder if anyone will ever quote me~
Random Face
cryingsouls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None