Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #16
Guitar, AND Bass.

Send a message via AIM to Carvin AE185 Send a message via MSN to Carvin AE185 Send a message via Yahoo to Carvin AE185
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruveguy
I come so close to buying a Carvin AE185, but I found my Washburn HB-35 at a pawn shop and, after trading in my crappy, bottom line Epiphone Les Paul, I got it for under $300. It's a sweet guitar and I just couldn't pass that up.

How do the Fishman pickups sound on it? Is it a convincing acoustic tone, or is it obvious that it's coming out of an electric guitar? The dual outputs and fishman pickups made that guitar really tempting.

Ben
It's not going to get an awesome Taylor or Martin sound, but it gets a pretty good sound. It's actually an awesome sound. blending it in with the electric pickups is cool if you're amp will let it sound good (PAs work!), because it gets a semi-acoustic sound. It's an awesome blending situation.

If you can't hear Him or keep thinking He's telling you the wrong things, chances are you are not listening to God. Don't forget to cast demons away from you. Because people don't spend much time talking about them anymore, doesn't mean they've disappeared from between the last days of the bible being written, and today. That's a dangerous and stupid notion.
Carvin AE185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-28-2004, 02:43 PM   #17
human, wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchord
I'm looking for a twelve string hollow bodied electric,but can't come anywhere close to afford a Ric.I'm looking at a Dean right now,around $400,anybody know another affordable twelve string hollow bodied guitar for under $ 500? The Dean is the only one I've seen recently.
I'm not good enough to play a 12 string but I had one of the guys at the guitar store play a Dean 12 string hollow body and was quit impressed. I may not play that well but I know a good sound when I hear it. I did buy my son a Dean performer for Christmas and for the money I think we got a very good guitar.
rkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2004, 04:55 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to gchord
Thanks,Lee,I appreciate the message,but I'm just looking now,BTW,what kind of guitar do you have? Solid or hollow body? I'm looking for the Ricenbaker sound without paying the price.However,if the price is right......
Let me know!
gchord is offline   Reply With Quote