Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:42 PM   #16

If you're wanting to play down tuned rock, ashdown might not be your thing. It's a very round, UK kind of sound. Nice, but probably not what you're looking for... As for the ampeg suggestion, I just got an ampeg rig, and all I can say so far is WOW... It might be what you're looking for, great clean sounding stuff, and other stuff if you want it. SWR or GK might be good for you...

But an ashdown would be awesome too.

Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:43 PM   #17
!MUDVAYNE FAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visirale
If you're wanting to play down tuned rock, ashdown might not be your thing. It's a very round, UK kind of sound. Nice, but probably not what you're looking for... As for the ampeg suggestion, I just got an ampeg rig, and all I can say so far is WOW... It might be what you're looking for, great clean sounding stuff, and other stuff if you want it. SWR or GK might be good for you...

But an ashdown would be awesome too.
ill look into that right now then...
ill post my results
Powerman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #18
!MUDVAYNE FAN!

one problem with all of the Ampeg is that all the ones that are good cost around $700 and i don't have that much...that's is why the Ashdown got my attention because i could buy it for $500...

another thing...what do you mean by a UK sound...give me some bands...
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #19
!MUDVAYNE FAN!

also another thing that got my attention to the Ashdown was that it had a
5-band EQ and all the Ampeg around my price range have a 3-band EQ...i would at least like a 4-band EQ though...
Unread 01-22-2004, 06:43 PM   #20

Quote:

say ashleigh what kinda bass and amp do u have?
*sigh* a not very good Ibanez bass and a cheapo 16 watt amp. Im gonna get a job in september and work for a year so hopefully i will be upgrading.

Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 06:45 PM   #21

Quote:
another thing...what do you mean by a UK sound...give me some bands...
U2, Delirious ?

Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #22
Keep rockin for the kids.

ampeg is still good though
Unread 01-23-2004, 06:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman5000
What does the bassest from Mudvayne (Ryan) play as an amp?
Well, according to ampeg he uses ampeg gear.. so there's a start.
Unread 01-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #24
!MUDVAYNE FAN!

Question ...

I have about $500 bucks saved up...I want an Ampeg...but they're so expensive...the best one I found was for $450...click here to see it. Also, I thought of getting this Ampeg...because this is really what I want right here ...

I'm probley going to get a job REAL soon to help pay for it, because I thought about getting a job for some time...

can anybody give some advice on this?
Unread 01-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #25

The Ampeg BA115 Tilt Back Bass Combo Amplifier is a good little amp. My friend plays one in praise band here in college and it gets loud enough to get the job done, plus it's light enough to carry with one hand versus needing two guys to lift my 4x10 cab. I'm not sure if the model with the tweeter horn is worth an extra 200 dollars. I'd stick to the single 15" for now. It's a good amp that you can use for at least 2 years, in the meantime you can save up for a nice big rig (4x10 cab or whatever) and sell off your 15" later on. If I remember correctly the Ampeg BA115 Tilt Back Bass Combo Amplifier has headphone-out so you can practice all you want without making people call the police! Hope that helps.

Last edited by Brim; 01-25-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2004, 06:45 PM   #26
heeeey brother

I dont know about any Ampeg from personal experiance, but I do know lots of awsome rockers play Ampeg amps. For example, Shavo Odadjain (System of a Down), Gene Simmons (KISS), Ryan Martinie (MudVayne, not listed on site, but I have heard he does play them), Mark Hoppus (Blink 182, not a great rocker....at all....but I like the bass sound), Les Claypool (Primus), Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, solo), Sting (The Police, solo), Paul Gray (Slipknot) and many other bassists. I personaly think thats one of the best lines of people you could get.
But like any company, Ampeg can put out crap, so be carefull.
Micahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 07:21 PM   #27
!MUDVAYNE FAN!

I just found this cabinet and head...I read some really good ratings on the head...and I thought I should buy a 15" and get the low bass sound with the tweeter instead of 2 speakers for the clean sound...plus the head can handle some expansions...so it sounds good to me....

Click here to see the cabinet.

Click here to see the head.

I have heard some good things about Hartke and this has NO TAX AND NO SHIPPING CHARGES so the price with come to be $550! Right there for me
Then, later on I'll by some double speakers to expand to the single to give the amp the low sound and the clean...then once I earn some money I'll buy some Ampeg cabs to add to the head...cause one guy said he was running two SWR's and one Fender...

Can this Hartke get good low end sound like Mudvayne?
Unread 01-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #28
!MUDVAYNE FAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman5000
I just found this cabinet and head...I read some really good ratings on the head...and I thought I should buy a 15" and get the low bass sound with the tweeter instead of 2 speakers for the clean sound...plus the head can handle some expansions...so it sounds good to me....

Click here to see the cabinet.

Click here to see the head.

I have heard some good things about Hartke and this has NO TAX AND NO SHIPPING CHARGES so the price with come to be $550! Right there for me
Then, later on I'll by some double speakers to expand to the single to give the amp the low sound and the clean...then once I earn some money I'll buy some Ampeg cabs to add to the head...cause one guy said he was running two SWR's and one Fender...

Can this Hartke get good low end sound like Mudvayne?
So how is this amp?
Unread 01-28-2004, 07:20 PM   #29

Hartke might not be the sound you're looking for. Wait.. I'm thinking aluminum cone... You listed the cheaper paper cone, more traditional kind of speaker... I still think you should look into a 2x10. It'd be more tonally versatile, because they lack no low end, and they'd be a lot more punchy. The 1x15 might be too boomy.
Unread 01-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #30
band geek extrordinaire

Send a message via AIM to Luthen_Inadon Send a message via MSN to Luthen_Inadon
I have asked around and have been told that if I can get my hands on a Randall amp (which I can) to go for it
Luthen_Inadon is offline   Reply With Quote