Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2004, 10:52 PM   #76
need a job in Rapid City

I would imagnie that the ethernet cables would get plugged into a hub on stage somewhere adn then go to the soundboard computer. The beauty that I see in it is that the computers give the sound guy many more options over what he can do with the soundboard. And wouldn't you jst have 128 1/4 inch cables anyway?

bpeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-26-2004, 11:27 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeltzer
I would imagnie that the ethernet cables would get plugged into a hub on stage somewhere adn then go to the soundboard computer. The beauty that I see in it is that the computers give the sound guy many more options over what he can do with the soundboard. And wouldn't you jst have 128 1/4 inch cables anyway?
Well, the thing I was focusing on was being wireless, mainly because that is the one drawback to MIDI - you have to stand in one place, or general area. IOW, you're tethered by a cable. Well, with ethernet being able to go wireless, that would have finally solved the problem, but now that MaGIC runs off of phantom power and no batteries, then regardless of ethernet's possibilities, you're still tethered by a cable. No prob in a studio, but that sucks live.

Also, even if I wasn't loading my Utah with all the stuff I'm loading it with, I still don't know where I would fit an 5" x 7" motherboard. Nor do I know where you would fit one in a Strat, or a Tele, or even a PRS. Especially not an Iby. Nor an SG for that matter. I think an LP is the only guitar you can fit it in, unless the guitar is especifically designed for it.

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 08:39 AM   #78
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat
Also, even if I wasn't loading my Utah with all the stuff I'm loading it with, I still don't know where I would fit an 5" x 7" motherboard. Nor do I know where you would fit one in a Strat, or a Tele, or even a PRS. Especially not an Iby. Nor an SG for that matter. I think an LP is the only guitar you can fit it in, unless the guitar is especifically designed for it.
Even if you do put it in the LP... That's a ton of wood to cut out! Lets just see how small they can eventually make that thing.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 08:43 AM   #79
need a job in Rapid City

Well don't worry about that, in a few years the size of that motherboard should be down considerably the way thiungs just get smaller and faster with computers. It seems like it would work quite well for drums, keyboards and other instruments that don't need to move around though. I'm just thinking about how everything's going computers and digital these days, so I'm sure there will be advantages to taking live music and recording digital.
bpeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainer123
Even if you do put it in the LP... That's a ton of wood to cut out! Lets just see how small they can eventually make that thing.
Totally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeltzer
Well don't worry about that, in a few years the size of that motherboard should be down considerably the way thiungs just get smaller and faster with computers. It seems like it would work quite well for drums, keyboards and other instruments that don't need to move around though. I'm just thinking about how everything's going computers and digital these days, so I'm sure there will be advantages to taking live music and recording digital.
Well, yeah, I think it's an exciting new technology, but not for guitars just yet. Still, looking forward to seeing what develops.

Not only all that, but as the unit gets smaller, it will be easier to power with batteries, and we're back to wireless.

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote