Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 3 4.29%
8 10 14.29%
9 11 15.71%
10 46 65.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2004, 02:49 AM   #1
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Casting Crowns - Casting Crowns

Tracks
1. What If His People Prayed
2. If We Are The Body
3. Voice Of Truth
4. Who Am I
5. American Dream
6. Here I Go Again
7. Praise With Dance
8. Glory
9. So Much More

For more on Casting Crowns, click here.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Peace Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to sheep Send a message via Yahoo to sheep
I REALLY love this cd. These guys are intelligent, faithful, and very talented. They started out as a worship band and have expanded beyond your regular GCD worship song to include their many talents. Not to mention, their songs' messages are VERY powerful. "If We Are The Body" makes you think about your actions as a Christian. "What if His People Prayed" reminds you of the power of prayer. "Voice of Truth" and "Who Am I" reminds us of how precious we are to the Lord, and how He gives us everything we need. "Here I Go Again" (which is presently in my signature) is a prayer that i'm sure every Christian can relate to about the fears of witnessing to friends. Missing from the track list above is "Your Love is Extravagant," a song by Darrell Evans. It seems to be stuck there at the end as a little reminder to them and us about where they came from, not to forget their roots as a worship band. And the song they chose for that message is a powerful one. I highly suggest this cd for anyone who loves worship and acoustic rock.

If Jesus didn't side with the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, Priests, Romans, Kings, etc, what makes you think that He will side with your political party? Think about it.

Thought for the moment/day/week/month or so...

Why do people have "Power of Pride" and "Proud to be an American" bumperstickers? Proverbs 16:18

*Please keep Mike in your prayers folks. Thanks!*
sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
through the cross

Thumbs up

A very good CD. My only complaint is that it's much too short. But all the great songs make up for it. "What If His People Prayed" & "If We Are The Body" & "American Dream" are songs with a message that needs to get out! "Voice Of Truth" is a totally awesome song about our faith in God. "Who Am I" is one of my 5 fave songs ever written. Very powerful. "Here I Go Again" is a song describing the trials of trying to witness to a close friend. Tracks 7-10 is like a miniature worship service. The best of these songs is definetly track 9, "Life Of Praise". Praising God for all the right reasons, and seeking to live a LIFE of worship is what this song is all about. Art forgot to mention the last track "Your Love Is Extravagant" which is a cover for the Darrel Evans song. An amazing intimate portrait of a close relationship to God. All in all, this CD is definetly a breath of fresh air and a must buy!
Matt4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:08 PM   #4
Certified Jesus Freak

incredible CD!

This is one of the best CDs I ever listened to, and it is hands-down the best debut album I've ever heard. Casting Crowns is incredibly talented, with rich, melodious vocals, rocking instrumentation, and incrediblly powerful lyrics. I love how their lyrics are really in your face, up-front, but not in an agressive way- take "If We Are The Body", for example. That is a frank appraisal of the effectiveness of the church, and Casting Crowns does not mince words there, or on the opening song, "What If His People Prayed". "Who Am I" is a stirring song that ponders thwe incredible love of God. "American Dream" criticizes the consumerism of American society. "Life Of Praise" is an awesome praise song destined to become a classic. And the list goes on. This band is amazing. They are destined for greatness, because of their incredible talent and fearless lyrical style. Go Casting Crowns!

My Rating: 11/10 - one of the best albums I've ever listened to
My Verdict: If you haven't already, go out and buy their album right now. From their rocking "American Dream" and "What If His People Prayed", to their softer "Here I Go Again" and "Your Love Is Extravagant", they have something for every musical taste, in enough quantity for everyone to love their album. I'm more of a rock person myself, and I love their album. My mother is practically anti-rock, and she loves their album too. Go and buy it.
Philippians 4:13

OFFICIAL CARD-CARRYING CERTIFIED JESUS FREAK

AND PROUD OF IT!
Brendini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2004, 10:33 PM   #5

I actually just bought this CD today, and I'd have to say that it's already leapfrogged all but two albums, becoming my third favorite of all time. #1 is Offerings 2 by Third Day, and #2 is "Adoration" by Newsboys, if you wondered.
Contrabajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2004, 01:31 AM   #6
the ghost at your side

Send a message via MSN to Opie
There are few CD's I'll just give a 10...I don't feel like I gave them a 10 I feel like they earned it...This CD is beautiful...ITs beautifully made and a wonderful asset to any christian music fan's CD collection...My band is performing What If His People Prayed at camp this summer...Its going to be wonderful...I bought the CD and rushed to learn Who Am I on the piano...I absolutely love the messages and I give them a perfect 10 because not only do the promote God in a way many fail to but they also make you think about life and situations you go through...so go buy it...you really want to even if you don't know that you want to...!
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:43 PM   #7
Forever Praising the Lord

awesome cd, they were a great newly discovered band, who made a great appearence at Creation Fest in PA last week

and now i pray
that when you reach down your hands
you touch the heart of something amazing
dReAmIn4EvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #8

Casting Crowns

I'm listening to this CD as I write this... It's simply awesome! Everytime I listen to it I'm reminded of how Christ expects me to live. Other songs remind me of just how great God is and bring me into an attitude of worship.
jbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
Forever Praising the Lord

awesome cd and awesome band...i saw them at creation fest this year...they are amazing and deff have God working thru them..i mean the singer is dislexic(however thats spelled) and he cant read music yet he writes the lyrics and plays guitar awesome!
I'm seein them november 28th with steven curtis chapman and chris tomlin..that will b AMAZING!

and now i pray
that when you reach down your hands
you touch the heart of something amazing
dReAmIn4EvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #10

Who am I is a Awesome SONG.
guitarmonkey<>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #11

Thumbs up

Our drummer gave the guitarist and myself (bass) the 6 song DVD/CD release of Casting Crowns, last Sunday after P&W. So later that night Tina (God's gift to me) and I lay down on the couches, fire up the DVD and watch ALL of it.

We were both in tears (joy and conviction). God is going to use this group in a way that's sure to bring glory!

Last night's P&W was awsome. God's hand was moving and at the end the 3 of us took a shot at "We Are The Body". It was all I could do to maintain my composure, as the message is *SO* compelling for me.

Well, this Saturday we're kicking of a Youth Rally and you can bet that we'll be doing "We Are The Body" and "Who Am I"!

Isn't god great, that He blesses us all with such talent? And praise Him for all who lay down their fear and self denial and step out in faith to bering the message!

Casting Crowns, JAM 4 THE LAMB!!!

Humbly,

Dutch
Uncommon Gathering
www.4x4given.com
4x4given is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #12
Loner in the Lone Star

Send a message via AIM to Frok
I just got the album and I saw them on the "All things New" tour.

The lyrics are awesome on this album. He did a duet with Steven Curtis Chapman for the song "Voice of Truth" which was great. I think that is my favorite song right now.
Unread 11-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #13

this is probably one of my most favorite bands . i really like the song who am i b/c i says who i am that the lord all the earth would care to know my name. b/c that is so true b/c we didnt die on a cross to save everyones sins and i just really like what all of their songs are saying . they are an awesome band and really get the message to me.
guitarchik_43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to irock4christ24
This CD is awesome! All of the songs have great messages!
Unread 01-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #15
PLAY FOR HIM!!

Send a message via AIM to c1rocker
i love this cd! the lyrics are very powerful, as well as a great sound. i saw these guys live!! woot! i love the lead acoustic, with the electric in the backround
c1rocker is offline   Reply With Quote