Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > J
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 2 4.44%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.22%
6 0 0%
7 2 4.44%
8 8 17.78%
9 13 28.89%
10 19 42.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #16

I gave this album a 10 and I think it's better than any other album released in 2003. The acoustic guitars are great, Dan's voice and lyrics are great, and the whole album is just a great listen. I put it behind Much Afraid and the first one just barely. It's better than the two newer ones.

fifsuperpod37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #17
...is happy.

Send a message via AIM to BereanatHeart Send a message via Yahoo to BereanatHeart
Ten indeed.

Gal 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

BereanatHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2004, 02:18 PM   #18
seeking God

The two bonus tracks, if you have the 2 cd set, are very good..
Tonite and Shipwrecked are both very good songs.

The album is overall very good, you can hear any particular voice at any time, yet there is a good overall mix too.

The lyrics are insightful, but understandable. The melodies are catchy, the music is tastefully done. I don't think there is a single distorted guitar on the whole album. Thats a nice thing. Its just relaxing to listen to.

After having this album for a long time, I got it the day before it was released, I still think its a great album. Get it. Listen to it. Love it. 9.
Unread 06-11-2004, 06:07 AM   #19

No doubt about Jars!
I'm mad about "Sunny Days" and "Jealous Kind". What really makes me happy that those guys continue to stick to the gospel theme, that is why I still love and support this band!!!
By the way, I voted 9.9 because of one song that made my day and encouraged all the "singles"- it's for the "Lonely people".Thanks for that, Jars!

Rinna
Rinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifsuperpod37
I gave this album a 10 and I think it's better than any other album released in 2003. The acoustic guitars are great, Dan's voice and lyrics are great, and the whole album is just a great listen. I put it behind Much Afraid and the first one just barely. It's better than the two newer ones.
Okay, first off, i give all JOC albums a 10. but i think that they're first album is they're best. though i like the fact that in "who we are instead" they broke away form the monotany of their other four albums and played around with different styles while at the same time retaining they're unique JOC sound.
funguy44x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2004, 02:04 AM   #21
Another Jesus Freak

Send a message via AIM to Philipe
I gave it a 10, man. I like the way Jars of Clay seems to change they're style in every album, yet is still recognizably the same. It's a WHOLE lot better than anything released lately. It's a shame we don't have another Christian band to rival DC talk yet... *sigh*

---=╦=---
Philipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #22
Guano

Sure I agree with all yer folks out there... Every song on this CD is good, but I suggest listening to it one song at a time. ie., listen to one track, rest a while, then follow up... Somehow I find myself appreciating the album better. Jars Of Clay does a great job on the lyric and music, but the style is too repetitive and boring and unpredictive. You get sick after a while if you listen it through in one sitting...
quacko_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 02:32 AM   #23
roomforsquares

who we are instead

I think it's a very good record.. There's defenitly a country flair to it.

I love how they have always stayed true, and not sold out. Now a days thats pretty rare.

They did a great job on covering "lonely people" by america.. There has been alot of great songs over the years that have been butchered to death, but not this one..

Great band

I'll give the album a 9
Unread 09-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #24
Forever Praising the Lord

ive never heard the CD b4 but the song "I'm in the way" has given me something to do in my life...im never lettin my friends ever fall away from God

and now i pray
that when you reach down your hands
you touch the heart of something amazing
dReAmIn4EvEr is offline   Reply With Quote