Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-06-2004, 01:55 PM   #16
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

i mean follow the directions on taylor's site, not your humidifier. well follow those too. but if you don't do it correctly it can be harmful.
really, you need a hygrometer to actually read the humidity in your case so you know if it even needs to be humidified to begin with. the best range is also on that taylor site.
you should be able to get a hyrgometer at some dept. store or radio shack or somewhere like that. there's a lot of digital ones out there. $20-30 on the lower priced models is what i see.
if you want to learn more go over and ask the same questions at:

http://www.harmony-central.com on the acoustic forum. since it's strictly an acoustic forum you're more likely to get more responses. and there's plenty of experience over there to assist you with even choosing the right hygrometer.

Unread 01-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #17

I got a gallon of "steamed distilled water" today from Whole Foods. I'm assuming it'll work. I have to break open the humidfier first though
1twelve2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2004, 01:42 PM   #18
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1twelve2
I got a gallon of "steamed distilled water" today from Whole Foods. I'm assuming it'll work. I have to break open the humidfier first though
cool that should last you a long time.