Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-14-2004, 07:49 AM   #61
She's a guitar hero!

Send a message via AIM to Dave H
Maybe I missed it somewhere in here, but I haven't heard anyone mention the new ES pick-up system by Taylor as a reason for more people playing them. Especially in a P&W situation where you want your acoustic to sound like an acoustic. I have a Taylor with the ES system and all I can say is, it's amazing how good it sounds through a PA. Better than any other guitar I've had - not that many btw Could this possibly be a reason?

Peace
Dav

Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-14-2004, 08:47 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_01
Maybe I missed it somewhere in here, but I haven't heard anyone mention the new ES pick-up system by Taylor as a reason for more people playing them. Especially in a P&W situation where you want your acoustic to sound like an acoustic. I have a Taylor with the ES system and all I can say is, it's amazing how good it sounds through a PA. Better than any other guitar I've had - not that many btw Could this possibly be a reason?

Peace
Dav

Well I have a Taylor 312 ce and I am going to my church today and see if mine was made after 1999, because they have a upgrade for guitars made after 1999 and are NT guitars. (NT stands for New Technology and ALL Taylors built after 1999 are NT guitars....these are the ones that can be upgraded with the new ES system) The factory can install an ES system in OLDER Taylors with NT necks! So I hope mine is one of them! I have a fishman electronics system in it right now! It is $498.00 plus the cost of shipping it to the taylor factory and back. But It would be worth it to me, if I could get this new system put in! They say that the first two (or four if it was built in 2000) or after, are the digits that represent the year, second pair represents the month, and the third pair representsthe calander day that work was begun. The seventh digit indicates weather 300 or 400 series (0) or a higher series (1). The last two digits denote the guitars position in that days production sequence.

So I guess you can tell weather or not yours is eligible or not by looking at the first four (or two) digits! They say even SOME 99 models had the NT necks, but ALL Taylors had them after 99!
webe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #63
She's a guitar hero!

Send a message via AIM to Dave H
My Taylor is only 6mo. old. It is a 310 ce Limited with kowa wood. It is supposedly one of not very many 300 series that will have the es system. I guarantee if you get the es system you will not be disappointed! I don't know how they will fit the new electronics on board, but I know the way mine is set up, it looks a lot better than the traditional big black box on the side. Next to the neck, there are 3 small knobs, 1 for bass, 1 for treble, and 1 for volume. Very simple and clean looking. Most people don't even realize that it is an electric/ acoustic

Peace
Dav
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_01
My Taylor is only 6mo. old. It is a 310 ce Limited with kowa wood. It is supposedly one of not very many 300 series that will have the es system. I guarantee if you get the es system you will not be disappointed! I don't know how they will fit the new electronics on board, but I know the way mine is set up, it looks a lot better than the traditional big black box on the side. Next to the neck, there are 3 small knobs, 1 for bass, 1 for treble, and 1 for volume. Very simple and clean looking. Most people don't even realize that it is an electric/ acoustic

Peace
Dav

They put the knobs for the ES system where the Fishman box used to be!
http://www.taylorguitars.com/news/products.html#prod1

Scroll down on this page to an article that says: ES Goes Retro: It has a picture of what an older one looks like with the new ES system in it!
Unread 01-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #65
Banned

Well I have GOOD NEWS!! I can do the upgrade to the new pickup on my Taylor 312 ce after all! I have a 2001 model!! Cool!!!!
Unread 01-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #66

you can't really compare the martin back packer w/ the baby taylor though: different types of guitars for different purposes
Unread 01-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #67
übergeek

I would have to say that there are a few reasons I see lots of worship leaders playing Taylor.

1) it is a "prudent" use of resources in my book. Use the best sounding instrument you can justify. Sure, you could make the case that we should buy a $99 guitar and give the rest to charity but....to get a guitar that really has nice tone and holds tune all the way up the neck is a necessary tool. You cannot be playing out of tune without possibly distracting people from the true goal, worship.

2) I play Stratocasters because they get the tones I hear on records. With many bands playing Taylor, if you want to get that tone, you need similar gear. Martins and Gibsons, albeit good guitars, don't sound the same, just as a Les Paul will not sound like a Tele.

3) Taylor has been "friendly" to the emerging Christian guitar market. Good or bad, that is a reality. They were one of the first companies to actually align themselves with Christian artists. They went on the record and they have benefitted from it.

Acoustics: 2003 Taylor 855ce-LTD L1 (Brazilian), 1993 Taylor 810, 2005 Taylor K4 preamp, 2006 ESP XTone PA1 (Sunburst)
Electrics: 2007 ESP Vintage Plus Distressed, 1998 Fender AmDx Fat Stratocaster (Black with EMG SAV + SPC kit), 1997 PRS CE24 (Ruby), 2006 ESP LTD EC-1000s (Sunburst)

Amps: Orange Rockerverb 50 Head and PPC212 cab

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi
trpullen is offline   Reply With Quote