Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > S
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 2 2.04%
4 1 1.02%
5 1 1.02%
6 1 1.02%
7 2 2.04%
8 6 6.12%
9 28 28.57%
10 57 58.16%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-25-2004, 07:15 AM   #76
Your car crash eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemOfaJon
Heh. Yeah.

I retract all posts made in this forum before, oh, say......two months ago. Or maybe even more recently.

This CD may not be Skillet's most original piece of work, but it's still original. It's also not Skillet's best album to date, but still good.

Unread 09-25-2004, 11:28 AM   #77
ICE

Send a message via AIM to RockerDud3 Send a message via MSN to RockerDud3
I love there music! They where at the harvest, and they are the best Christian Rock band ever! I like that thing they do with there heads, This is one more c-D I want for Chrstimas, or for my birthday!

MOOD SIG
I am Bored
<-->*NONE NONE*<-->
I am hungry
I am away

I am an official NRA Qualified Marksman!
-I have the medal.
and
-I have the certificate.

Sweet Blogs
[><>Mine<><] [Guitargirl12889 ] [Rock_Guitar1990] [Guitarbabe4u ] [*claw* ]

RockerDud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #78
SKILLETROX4EVA

Thumbs up GO SKILLET

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylovesskillet
I'm already partial to Skillet obviously, but I bought the cd today and it is COMPLETELY awesome! I really expected it to be good, but man, Skillet rocks.
Wow your from memphis me too i heard skillet had a concert going on but i think it got cancceled if i didnt did you go?
Unread 09-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #79
the sun is often out

great.
natedawg5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #80
Torch

Im addicted to this album and their songs are awesome every single one from Forsaken to energy and cycle down. Their lyrics are strong and loud and so are their guitars and drums.

SKILLET ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #81
Your car crash eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlock
This CD may not be Skillet's most original piece of work, but it's still original. It's also not Skillet's best album to date, but still good.
Heh, I'm changing my mind too...

It's pretty generic. The lyrics save it from getting a 3 from me. It gets a 6.
Unread 01-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #82

Send a message via MSN to irock4christ24
its awesome i just got it a few days ago. its the first skillet CD ive ever bought and so far so good

and a story behind this CD:
We just finished checking out and as we were walking out the wal-mart security thing went off on my step-dad and me.(embarassing!) but this elderly lady assisted us and while my step-dad showed her the recipt she said "this is the wrong one" He told her no its not the cashier just gave it to me. (it said Skillet on it) She said " it says Skillet and this isnt a skillet"Me, busting up laughing had to show her on the CD that the band name was Skillet
Unread 01-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #83

Talking Collide

Collide definitely rocked the living socks out of me when i got to hear it in almost every way. Say what you may about their deal with lava, these guys definitely are doing their job shooting out a message of hope. Personally, Alien Youth will always be my favorite album of theirs because of their worshipful music, but Collide lays the smackdown as a gift to give a non-believer. I gave it to someone and months later the person had comitted her life to Christ. The lyrics are definitely meant to reach out to those who have known Christ so don't feel left out just cuz their aren't many worshipful kind of lyrics in this album. Music wise though, they got out of their comfort zone and really shown some real stuff. Ben got that much better on the axe in 2-3yrs (sounds a bit like Metallica a lil Van Halen and Bush all together). As for the bass, well, what's there to improve? By the next album he'll prolly start slappin the bass like Pillar, who knows. i'm suprised Korey's good at the guitar (were all were so used to her being a keybordist so who knew).

BUY THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alienyouthron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2005, 10:41 PM   #84
Zombie

Send a message via AIM to sanctusfan14
this cd rocks. when it first came out i thought it was gonna be their owl style of playing(boy was i wrong) this cd rocks!
Unread 06-03-2005, 09:25 AM   #85

Hee Hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguitarfreak
Hate to break up the party, I listened to some tracks on Skillets new cd and quite frankly, I wasn't impressed at all. It sounded just like any other generic hard rock band out there. I think kory's keys really gave Skillet their sigature sound and they don't have nearly as much of it. It's not a bad CD, but it seems like their selling out and just trying to sell more records.
Snicker...Guffaw...Chuckle....Downright laughter!!! Generic hard rock? You must listen to Skillet, Skillet, and some more Skillet. That must be the explanation seeing as Skillet has come crashing into their newest album with a very unique and personalized sound, unlike any I've heard. So there.
shred/dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #86

You're arrogant and condescending attitude (snicker...guffaw...arrogance) is certainly not very convincing.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemOfAJon
You're arrogant and condescending attitude (snicker...guffaw...arrogance) is certainly not very convincing.

~Jon
Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz everyone get calm. I wuz just telling what happened when I read it. How about this: Gasp!! How can you not find Skillet amazingly powerful and original, especially when considering Cooper does just about all the lyrics and music by his talented little self? Lori isn't the greatest drummer out there, but few play with her power and natural "rock your face off" attitude,(and those "few" include guy drummers) and while the guitar may get a little boring, the songs are arranged so the finished product is a song worth listening to repeatedly, and if you want to fully appreciate everything from the lyrics to the driving bass, you should anyway. Thank you, and may God continue to bless America! (crowd CHEERS!!!!)
shred/dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #88

No, that was kind of weird too.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #89
Howlin' Mad!

this is a great cd! i like most every song on it. and its probably my favorite skillet cd of all time. i love it!
zero91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #90
I need a bigger car!

Honestly, I couldn't care less about this CD. It's gotten real boring to me.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote