Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > S
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 2 2.04%
4 1 1.02%
5 1 1.02%
6 1 1.02%
7 2 2.04%
8 6 6.12%
9 28 28.57%
10 57 58.16%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #46
In & Out

I love this cd.

Cataplum! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #47

I was going to give it a 10 out of 10, but the song "Fingernails" dropped it to a 9. Everything else on the cd has good music behind the lyrics, but the song just wasn't original or creative. I liked the CD alot though.
Col. Ghillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Ghillie
I was going to give it a 10 out of 10, but the song "Fingernails" dropped it to a 9. Everything else on the cd has good music behind the lyrics, but the song just wasn't original or creative. I liked the CD alot though.
Really? I think fingernails is one of the better songs on the album. Then again I'm a sucker for the keyboardish stuff...
Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 02:07 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-Alexander
great cd im glad the techno stuff is gone. it was so stupid
The "techno" stuff was a lot better from a musicians stand point. Now it's just your standard power chord ridden rock.

And the "techno" stereotype is pretty funny, because nothing they've ever done has even verged on techno. Synthrock if anything... more likely LIGHT industrial.
You want some good techno, go get some jungle, trance, or drum and bass...
Visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2004, 06:10 PM   #50
collide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathaytace ><>
I liked the techno stuff. It was original.

This album rips off mainstream rock.
um, it is mainstream rock. they are signed to lava records, a mainstream label. so, therefore they are a "mainstream rock" band.

i think this is a pretty good album. they are gonna be real big in the mainstream world. give 'em a few months, theyll be the next switchfoot type thing. my fave songs are imperfection, forsaken, a little more, savior (great video for that song) and fingernails
Unread 05-22-2004, 11:20 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide
they are gonna be real big in the mainstream world. give 'em a few months, theyll be the next switchfoot type thing.
Somehow, I kinda doubt that.

I think it's actually more likely that they become the next Pillar of secular music. And that's not good.

~Jon
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2004, 07:33 AM   #52
collide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemOfAJon
Somehow, I kinda doubt that.

I think it's actually more likely that they become the next Pillar of secular music. And that's not good.

~Jon
whats that supposed to mean?
Unread 05-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #53
The Smart Guy

Send a message via AIM to Brian-Alexander Send a message via MSN to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Yahoo to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Skype™ to Brian-Alexander
overall its a good cd. they keep getting better and better.
Unread 05-29-2004, 01:52 PM   #54
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

This is the first hard rock CD I've had before, and I love it. A Little More is one of my favorites, along with Imperfection, Collide, Savior, and Forsaken. I like the whole thing though, it's a CD that I can listen to straight thru without having to skip songs. I gave it a 10, which I don't do too often
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2004, 01:23 AM   #55
the ghost at your side

Send a message via MSN to Opie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguitarfreak
Hate to break up the party, I listened to some tracks on Skillets new cd and quite frankly, I wasn't impressed at all. It sounded just like any other generic hard rock band out there. I think kory's keys really gave Skillet their sigature sound and they don't have nearly as much of it. It's not a bad CD, but it seems like their selling out and just trying to sell more records.
The thing is I have seen absolutely no advertising for it...you would think that if they were "Trying to sell more records" they would advertise and alot more...the only news I've heard about it was on the skillet forum on here and I was completely surprised to walk into wal-mart and see the new Skillet CD laying on the shelf...To me it seems like a very progressive step...but aunno maybe I'm just no good at reading into things...

On a seperate note...I LOVE THIS CD...its truly a step in the right direction for Skillet...it didn't seem nearly as...aunno flaky? as Alien Youth...the thing about Alien Youth is it dealt with alot of themes that didn't seem all to serious...(earth Invasion...Alien Youth) I mean they had a few tracks that were exeptional in my opinion(The Thirst Is Taking Over...Come My Way...to name a few) but on the whole the CD just seemed not for a more mature audience...Wen compared to Collide however the themes are alot more grown up and seem to have a lot of John's struggles and tribulations in them...You can feel what hes going thru and relate...I gave it a 10 because I enjoy the harder stuff and the new area they are experimenting in and although I miss the few slow songs I'm much more satisfied with a more grown up sounding CD...Theres my 2 cents...or 50? not sure but anyway...BUY IT!
Unread 06-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #56
Crazy Little Hebrew

Send a message via AIM to CrazyJewBoy Send a message via MSN to CrazyJewBoy
Great cd indeed but I was rather shocked when I heard their new song "Open Wounds". Sounds very very angry and uncharacteristically unforgiving of them. Great musically though and the intensity seems to even exceed Linkin Park at times! Huzzah
CrazyJewBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 07:11 PM   #57
War Against Satan

Send a message via AIM to jjvacc Send a message via Skype™ to jjvacc
AHH I HAVENT HEARD THAT SONG!! WHERE CAN U HEAR IT??! [i really like angry music sometimes...i LOVE collide. do they have a new album out or somein? or did u just hear it like on a promo?

-chesta
Unread 06-27-2004, 10:14 PM   #58

Send a message via AIM to eric k
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvacc
AHH I HAVENT HEARD THAT SONG!! WHERE CAN U HEAR IT??! [i really like angry music sometimes...i LOVE collide. do they have a new album out or somein? or did u just hear it like on a promo?

-chesta
You have to buy the rerelease of Collide.
eric k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 11:04 PM   #59
Crazy Little Hebrew

Send a message via AIM to CrazyJewBoy Send a message via MSN to CrazyJewBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvacc

-chesta
Hey Chesta! I'm not talking about angry sounding music, the lyrics are very very angry is what I mean...here Ill get the lyrics (I bought the release cause I am a huge Skillet fan and have all their cds lol...):

*Edit by Art - Lyrics removed. It is illegal to post them in such a manner.

No forgiveness, just anger *shrugs*

Last edited by Art; 06-28-2004 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Lyric removal
CrazyJewBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #60
Dogbert's back!

It's a song about someone who was abused by someone growing up. Songs like this I dont think are really meant to sound forgiving; just to capture an emotion, show the world how brutal the situation looks, and in a way, show sympathy to those who have experienced it firsthand.

"Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99% perspiration, which is why engineers sometimes smell really bad."

"When you forsake your victories to fix your failures, is it any wonder you've got nothing to celebrate?"

Devotional: Arrogant Speech and Lying Rulers (7/9/08)
Jenacen is offline   Reply With Quote