Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > S
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 2 2.04%
4 1 1.02%
5 1 1.02%
6 1 1.02%
7 2 2.04%
8 6 6.12%
9 28 28.57%
10 57 58.16%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #31
No 1337 outside CPF!

I like all their stuff (STILL don't have Collide, but I saw it in the store the other day), but I LOVE the Grunge album they did.....

Quote:
"Christians have often disputed as to whether what leads the Christian home is good actions, or Faith in Christ. I have no right really to speak on such a difficult question, but it does seem to me like asking which blade in a pair of scissors is most necessary."
-C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
I scream for the dead children whose screams are stifled by the word "Choice"!
Mathaytace ><> is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #32
your tone's all wrong.

Even the elitists like Skillet, it seems. I listened to their debut "grunge" album as I showered this morning. Darn good pop tunes.
Unread 01-29-2004, 07:37 PM   #33
Long live punk rock

This an awesome cd. It is by far the best skillet album yet. Not only is it good musically. it is also good lyrically. Everyone needs to check it out.

Last edited by rock man; 02-02-2004 at 03:55 PM.
rock man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #34
The Alaskan

This cd frickin rocks ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!! It is definitely the best Skillet cd yet and probably the best christian rock cd ever. The guitars are amazing and John's vocals are much more intense. They finally have let go of all that techno junk which really held Alien Youth back. The quality of the recording is much better for this album as well, which is really apparent in the guitars. Something interesting to listen to is the transitions from the verses to the chorus, they do it differently each time. The only thing I dislike about the cd is it only has 10 tracks, but that's not so bad because almost all of the tracks are over 4 minutes long. I highly recommend this cd too any hard rock or grunge fan.
Jimvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 06:11 PM   #35
ouch

Send a message via AIM to GrLBandBreakOut Send a message via Yahoo to GrLBandBreakOut
This CD amazed me. I wasn't even planning on buying it myself--I hadn't bought a new Skillet CD since the times of Invincible and Hey You I love your soul....but my mom bought this for me, thinking she knew my taste in music. and...WOW. A completely different sound from their older stuff. It almost makes me want to go ahead and buy Alien Youth, just so I can hear the over all changes in sound. The sound is more rock, and the lyrics are so much more emotional...in a way a bit darker, but still with that uplifting side. I love it. Probably one of my favorite Cds right now, which is awesome, considering I thought I'd given up hope on SKillet.
Defenitely ten out of ten.

*Chrissy*
GrLBandBreakOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 07:51 PM   #36

Oh yeah this cd rocks my face off!!! I have felt the ones higher presence on a few of their new songs. How do the older people know what is right and wrong. If you can feel his presence it is good for ya. Oh yeah my favorite song on the album is probaly Fingernails just because i can relate to it sorta. I like the violin? solo on the start of Collide . I also love Forsaken and all the other songs. Especially A little more. I really like when heavy bands add in a soft song on any of their albums. Man now i really like christian music. This cd beats all of the secular artists i have heard. The only song i am not a big fan of (but still like) would have to be Energy. Did anyones lyrics for Energy and Cycle Down have the same for Savior and Forsaken. Who cares this album was awesome.
lethimrise2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 08:38 PM   #37
knows so little

i already said this album was awesome but hey i can say it twice it was. someone said they don't like energy that much but i love it, although in an interview i read john says energy is probably the worst song on the cd, personally i love it cause its just that... energy!! i was at their concert last night which was awesome!!! pillard and 12 stones were there but skillet was by far the best! (although they didn't play energy haha) they're re-releasing their cd again in may... 29th i think or somewhere close to that going under a new label changing from ardent to lava records which is a secular label which means they'll be headed mainstream, and when they re-release the cd its gonna have an additional track! haha i'm stoked! so since i lost this cd i'll just by the new one!

"Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the lesson that we should learn.... If at first you dont succeed... blame your parents." - Yakko
Shaneathin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #38
never being boring

I like "Energy" too... the vocals are really cool. They are sung in a cool rhythm.

"You're an enigma wrapped in a mystery"
Jonodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #39
your tone's all wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonodude
"You're an enigma wrapped in a mystery"
Join the movement to help stamp out and eradicate superfluous redundancy.
Unread 03-18-2004, 06:28 PM   #40
knows so little

Quote:
Join the movement to help stamp out and eradicate superfluous redundancy.
lol we can discuss it at the procrastinators meeting which again has been postponed til next week

"Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the lesson that we should learn.... If at first you dont succeed... blame your parents." - Yakko
Shaneathin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:02 PM   #41

I think this is a great CD. It reminds me of Trapt, if you've ever heard them.
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:46 PM   #42
your tone's all wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTheMud
I think this is a great CD. It reminds me of Trapt, if you've ever heard them.
Please don't ruin Skillet for me.

They are one of my last remaining ties to CCM.
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:06 AM   #43
The Smart Guy

Send a message via AIM to Brian-Alexander Send a message via MSN to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Yahoo to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Skype™ to Brian-Alexander
great cd im glad the techno stuff is gone. it was so stupid
Unread 04-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #44
No 1337 outside CPF!

I liked the techno stuff. It was original.

This album rips off mainstream rock.

Quote:
"Christians have often disputed as to whether what leads the Christian home is good actions, or Faith in Christ. I have no right really to speak on such a difficult question, but it does seem to me like asking which blade in a pair of scissors is most necessary."
-C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
I scream for the dead children whose screams are stifled by the word "Choice"!
Mathaytace ><> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 02:13 PM   #45
Joshua's Girl

I really like this CD. . . I've always been a huge Skillet fan, but yeah, this CD is just awesome. . . I haven't been able to get enough of it. I constantly have it in my CD player. . .

-'Imperfection' Skillet

Dot35 Board
luvhispresence is offline   Reply With Quote