Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > C
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 1 50.00%
10 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-10-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Calibretto - Dead By Dawn

Tracks
1. Come See The Meatboy
2. Bleeding On The Floor
3. When I Think About You
4. The Doubtful Guest
5. Misanthropy And The Full Moon
6. American Psycho
7. Don't Go Into The Woods

For more on Calibretto, click here.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-16-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
is growing up

Send a message via AIM to SupaNova
To whom it may concern, this is the same band Calibretto 13, they just found out that they could leagally use the name by itself and ditched the number. Now that's out of the way, Dead by Dawn is Calibretto at possibly their lyrical and definately their musical best. The band has added a new bassist since their last album, but I really couldn't tell a difference as his catchy bass lines flow as well, if not better then, those of his predecesser. Their drummer, Chris Thomas, give a splendid performance with some of the most in-depth drumming I've heard from a rock band in a while. Joe Whiteford continues to play clean, undistorted guitars although his guitar doesn't really stand except for the final song on the EP. The addition of an old organ adds a very unique touch to their music and I hope they will continue to incorporate one into their music. Lyrically, the songs are all based around a b-side horror movie theme (as if the title didn't tip you off) yet they'll still force you to think, much like some of their earlier songs (think "From me to you" or "America"). On the surface, they appear to simply add music to classic horror films, such as "American Psycho", but actually dive into deeper moral and spirtual topics. I would have given this album a 10, but the fact that their are only 7 songs, and 2 of those instrumentals, the record just seemed to short of an experience. If you're into darker, quirky music or are just looking for something different to try, I highly recommend this album.

hard times in Rockingham, hard times harder still...
SupaNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #3
surelythisisok

dude, you give it a seven because it only has 7 tracks, two of which are instrumental? its only an ep. its not supposed to have more tracks, otherwise they call it an lp, better known as a full length record. its not supposed to give you the full experience of an album, and its absurd to expect one. you're right, its a disappointing length for a full length, luckily this release is an ep.