Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #211
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Well, I encourage you to read on. And by the way, any further discussion on this topic belongs in that thread.

Sponsored Links
Unread 01-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerX
I read enough of the first page to get an idea of the nonsense flying about there... I'll read more later, but gonna go back to practicing.
Oh really?

What I especially thought insightful was your firm grasp on the obvious, along with your opinings on stuff you haven't read, and how you basically made points I and others have made in many respects as if it never occured to us, balanced by some rather absurd notions.

You obviously have no experience with woodworking on any tangible level, nor excellence in carpentry, or else you wouldn't even have approached the idea that it is about accuracy with a CNC machine, but are purely approaching this from a production standpoint, and not what the premise of that entire thread was about, namely Machine-Made Guitars at Hand-Made Prices - Said Guitars Insinuated to be Hand-Made thru the Ambiguous Ad Campaign and Marketing Efforts of the Mass-Producing Manufacturer.

Besides, why are you consulting with a Luthier if CNC produced guitars are so much superior? Is that Luthier going to be contracting the use of a CNC Machine? Or does he have one?

Anyway, if you really want to continue with your insights, then perhaps this would be better addressed in the other thread as Rainer suggested.

However, a request: actually read what is written before making remarks:

Chesh

Post Factum:

Incidently, and fwiw, I have found several of your other posts rather insightful and informative.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying

Last edited by Saxophone; 02-04-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Unread 01-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #213
addicted

Send a message via AIM to crash8404 Send a message via MSN to crash8404
You really don't like it when people disagree with you do you?
_crash.

Last edited by Saxophone; 01-24-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Unread 01-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8404
You really don't like it when people disagree with you do you.
_crash.
Eh, no, I think you missed the point.

Disagreement? No worries. Most of my good friends here and I disagree on a wide variety of points and topics.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying

Last edited by Saxophone; 02-04-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Unread 01-24-2005, 07:40 PM   #215
addicted

Missed the point? Wasen't that my statement to you?, thread title being "This must be the worst advice you could ever receive in the entire world of guitar buying" and your statement being

Quote:
the worst advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying: "Go to your local store and try out every guitar in your price range, and go with the one that sounds/feels/plays/you-like/whatever the best"
My statement was "personal taste" and then what I said the rest of the post was to back up personal taste theory using other guitarists. By the way, I have read some of your other posts about PRS guitars, you do seem to hate them. Even if you say it's just because of what you get for the money, it still dosent change the fact you don't like them as they are. You have done a wonderful job of backing up everything I was making a point of. In the last part of my post I said

Quote:
if it plays for you good enough, buy it. and practice practice practice and then later on guitar may be something you enjoy doing save and upgrade, the beauty of guitar is learning, and that never ends.
What is wrong with that theory? How many people so you know that are exactly the same in every area?

_crash.

Last edited by Saxophone; 01-24-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #216
The Chameleon

Send a message via AIM to Shredcheddar
Quote:
Quote:
if it plays for you good enough, buy it. and practice practice practice and then later on guitar may be something you enjoy doing save and upgrade, the beauty of guitar is learning, and that never ends.

What is wrong with that theory? How many people so you know that are exactly the same in every area?
What is wrong with that theory? How about this: Ax Brand guitar is the perfect guitar for you. Now, it costs $10,000, and is just marginally better than the $2,000 guitar sitting next to it, but hey, it's the only guitar that you can stand.

It's called economy and value. Why not spend the same amount of money on a custom, hand-made guitar that probably plays better and has all the specifications that you want?

Sure, I want an Acura NSX. But for $89,000? No, I can find the power and handling in something else without compromising much, if anything at all. Don't allow producers to rip you off, be an active, demanding consumer who does their homework and doesn't get fooled by the corporation. Is the NSX a fine car? You bet it is. But how many people find their 300 hp and 13.00 second quarter mile in a Cobra instead? A lot more. Value.

I hope my analogies are okay, but regardless, the point has been made, has it not?
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:32 PM   #217
addicted

Yes, it was a good analogy. Yet that is still your opinion, someone that really loves "Ax brand" guitars will save the money and buy the guitar they want. Are they wrong for liking something that you don't think is a good value or should pay that much for? Again, the point is everyone veiws things different, is slash, eddie van halen, Mark tremonti, John petrucci, Tom morrello, etc..... wrong for liking and playing their instruments respectively? It's just a point of veiw

_crash.
Unread 01-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #218
I am Canadian!

Send a message via MSN to Saxophone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxophone
Ok this is ending. This thread is taking a break, and attitudes are being adjusted. I remind you that our mind set here at CGR is to be more Christ like, this isnít cutting it. The appropriate parties have been notified and a resolution is in the immediate works. The posts with this conflict will be altered or deleted shortly and I ask that you keep your comments to yourself. Unfortunately, my fellow mods are out of office at this point in time;however, this will be discussed with them ASAP. I have made the decision to reopen this thread on February 3rd provided everything settles down. This date is tentative until I speak with my fellow mods. Lets pray for each other and this forum.

Heavenly Father,

I just pray Lord that youíll touch this forum and the people involved. We just want to glorify your almighty name, not bicker and fight. We all screw up and try to strive for perfection but will never get there, I just ask that you will humble us with your presence. I pray that youíll help us to be kind and compassionate, thinking of others before ourselves. I ask that youíll help us use the beautiful gifts you have given us to help one another and edify Christ. Thank you for the opportunities we have and everything you do for us here at CGR. We give all the praise and glory to you. In Christ name I pray, Amen.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience. I look forward to a fresh start with this thread and the forum in general. God bless you.

Unread 02-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #219
I am Canadian!

Send a message via MSN to Saxophone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxophone
Sorry everyone, two days late but better than nothing. I totally forgot about it. Problems are solved and if anyone has any issues with other users use pm or contact a mod. God bless.

Unread 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #220

Talking Totally agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesJunkie
My advice for a newbie is to enlist the help of a more experienced guitarist and buy a cheap electric on ebay.

If you don't know any guitarists, buy a cheap ($200 or less) name brand like Squier, Epiphone, Yamaha, or Washburn. Once you've been playing a while, you'll be in a better position to know what you want in a more expensive guitar.

I have been playing for 35 years... started off with a $40. Harmony, now play onstage with a Martin D-41 that I've had for 12 years with alot of inexpensive guitars in between... takes a little while to know what is right for you. [I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
Unread 02-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #221

Intresting that something like this will get so heated...

People buy guitars based on several reasons, and for them that's ok...

I recently played two guitars... One last week and one last night...

Guitar #1 - This guitar carried the name of "New York Pro" (Probably built by Samick). It was a Strat Copy. It was being sold in a small Guitar shop. The owner sets up all his guitars before they hit the floor by adjusting the neck, string action, and even fret filing if needed... This guitar had probably an inexpensive wood being used and had a natural wood tone finish with a white pickguard. Typical Strat Copy. I really like the way the guitar looked. I picked it up and I will tell you what. It played great. The action was perfect. Decent tones coming out of the thing as well... Anyways... The guitar was only being sold for $120.00 bucks.. Man, this guitar plays as nice as any strat that I have ever picked if not better...

Guitar #2 - There is another music store in Stow Oh, that carries alot of Fenders and Squires... So last night I was there after I dropped my daughter off for dance class. They had a beautiful looking strat. Clear wood finish with a white pickguard w/3 single coil pups... The pups in this guitar were Seymore Duncans, and not the "Duncan Designed". The guitars actions was OK. The neck as not as straight. I will say that the pick ups were nice sounding and had alot of meat to em.... Asking price $750.00..

Well. I tell you what. I really would have gone for the New York pro. Ripped out the pups and put in the duncans and really had a nice playin' guitar... The one thing that I really liked about the Fender is that the neck had no clear coat on it or anything... I see why Zakk Wylde likes 'em like that...

Sure, someone can say that the woods being used are a huge difference, that cheapo guitar will warp and have all kinds of problems... Well can't that happen to any guitar...

I am intrested in getting a new Axe... Really looking around. Comtemplating several things like a Flyod, or a Les Paul (Copy of Course) or going to a 24 Fret LTD with EMG HZ's in em for only 375... new... I don't know... But I will play em all and see what I like...
Amps - Tech21 PE60
Unread 02-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #222
addicted

Hey man, that fender sounds like the lite ash strat(except for the white pickgurd the lite ash has a black one). it goes for 629.99 on Musicians friend, the music store may bring the price down for you if you show them and tell them you would get it through MF if they don't seel it cheeper. If you decide that route, I just played that guitar the other day actually and I did like it. I might pick it up for my army. lol. good luck looking though, I played the epiphone les paul zakk wylde model too. you might like that if you like a unfinished neck. and may be interested in a les paul.

_crash.
Unread 02-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #223
chris

Send a message via AIM to i'llcondescend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Chris, I hope you don't mind if I comment on some of your points.
I never mind. Go right ahead. It's all opinions here. That's what I love about CGR.
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #224

Actually I bought a cheap strat (package was 179 amp and all) and it works great! Not the best cause it has single coils but with the noise reduction feature in my effects box it works fine.
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #225

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
two years dead...and we like it that way...

I'm a podcaster
Closed Thread