Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > M
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 3.85%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 3.85%
5 2 7.69%
6 0 0%
7 3 11.54%
8 1 3.85%
9 6 23.08%
10 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:18 AM   #16
vvvv

this cd wasnt that good...prefer theyre old stuff.looks like MxPx realli has sold out >__<

Sponsored Links
Unread 03-25-2005, 11:11 PM   #17
:rolleyes:

Cool

this is my 1st mxpx cd,i was reluctant to buy it cuz everyone says they've sold out,i like it,but there's only 2 songs that r really christian from what i can tell,i guess i should've known that,i give it a 7

Last edited by G180; 03-30-2005 at 11:00 PM.
G180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #18

I like it - maybe wish the music was less about relationships (for a Christian band anyways) but its still pretty good.

10 in my book
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #19
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrfctlyImprfct
ok i've always liked MxPx since i first heard their cd Misplaced Memories. They're a cool band and i like their raw punk rock sound, but honestly I LOVE their new style on theirs songs like "Quit Your Life" and "Don't Walk Away" (they even use a PIANO in both songs!). MxPx and a piano...never would have seen that mix coming. I love it. Those kinda songs make this cd so awesome and better than all the others. I also love songs like "Everything Sucks," "Brokenhearted," and "Well Adjusted," which show their old school style a little more, but this MxPx cd doesn't sound near as raw as their old ones it definitely has more of a "produced" feel to it. I am so loving this new MxPx sound. AWESOME!

mxpx only had one raw cd. (Pokinatcha) As the owner of most of their cds, this was a woefull dissapointment. Their best cd in my opinion was not even really punk throughout the whole album. (Slowly going the way of the buffalo) Which was a very slickly produced album.

This new album did not have the emotional appeal of their non-punk songs to me such as invitation to understanding.

MxPx's old-school stylings were last really evident in fist vs tact. Overall this album was a severe dissapointment to me from a band that can and has done better, but I have a bit of hope for it seems that about every other album with them is really good.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #20
Deutschboy

[QUOTE=BillSPrestonEsq]mxpx only had one raw cd. (Pokinatcha) As the owner of most of their cds, this was a woefull dissapointment. Their best cd in my opinion was not even really punk throughout the whole album. (Slowly going the way of the buffalo) Which was a very slickly produced album.

Didnt that album have the song "theres a party at my house"? Cause that song is cool.
tenisbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #21

good cd....very good.
like someone said, not as much punk, but still good
punk would be better...
well adjusted is the best
bass in kings of hollywood rocks
lyrics amazing
buy it
[end]
e_string17 is offline   Reply With Quote